URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 223
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I saw Gary, Jay and Alonzo last night"

Posted by SilverStar on 09-27-04 at 05:08 PM
at the Improv in Cleveland. They are doing a tour called "I'm Still Standing". Gary Gulman was up first and he was really good. He has always been my favorite and last night was not a disappointment. It was funny to hear him swearing! Next up was Jay London. I don't like Jay, I don't think he's all that great, but his performance last night was not bad. He got a few chuckles out of me. The rest of the crowd was laughing, but not as much as they were for Gary. Finally was Alonzo, who I was expecting to be great, but in reality- not so much. He was ok, but not as funny as I hoped he would be. His mic seemed to be up really loud and after a while I got a headache! IMO they should've had Gary go last, not first. I think his set was much better than the other two and judging from the laughter in the crowd, everyone else did too. Of course, I couldn't really hear if people were laughing at Alonzo because all I could hear was him! After the show they all stood by the exit and talked to the fans as they left. I didn't have much interest in talking to Alonzo or Jay, but I did get to shake Gary's hand and he said
"Thank you for coming out" and gave me a pat on the back. He seemed really nice. I wish I would have thought of something witty to say, but my head was still reeling from Alonzo's mic, so I just said "Thank you" and that was it. Has anyone else seen them? What was your take on their performances?

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion