URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 22221
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Vote on the Saskatoon Banana Tour Route"

Posted by Canada Girl on 09-08-05 at 05:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-05 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

Ok, I'm next in line for Carmen the OT Banana. And for the first time, YOU can choose where Carmen visits! She missed the Saskatchewan Cenntenial celebration, so we'll have to do some other exciting things with her(Exciting by Saskatchewan standards, people!). I've got a few plans, but you choose the rest!

Ok, here we go...
Your choices are:

The Bridges: Saskatoon is built across a river, there are six bridges joining the east side to the west side. Carmen could visit them all!

The Diefenbaken Centre: Apparently this is the only 'prime ministerial center in Canada'. Not sure what that means. I did 'get it on' on the lawn behind it once (it's on the university campus... and it was a pub crawl).

The Saskatoon Zoo: Featuring animals of the prairies. It's actually a cute zoo for such a little city.

The Delta Bessborough: This is the hotel that I got married to Canada Boy outside of, looks like a castle. Does Carmen want to feel like a queen?

1910 Boomtown Pioneer Settlement: Carmen can see how they lived here back in the day. Apparently there are cheezy life-sized figurines!

The Ukrainian Museum of Canada: I've never been, but Carmen may be able to solve the mystery of how to make the perfect perogie!

Kinsmen Park: Carmen can ride the kiddie train into the scariest Alice In Wonderland display I have ever seen. Seriously.

Ok, there are your choices! Isn't this exciting? You can choose as many or as few as you want.

Voting begins... NOW!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Vote on the Saskatoon Banana Tour Route"
Posted by ginger on 09-08-05 at 05:22 PM
I vote:

1910 Boomtown Pioneer Settlement: Carmen can see how they lived here back in the day. Vote based entirely on promise of cheezy life-sized figurines.
OR
Kinsmen Park: Because I want to see that Wonderland.

"yep"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-08-05 at 08:52 PM
what ginger said.

"RE: yep"
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-08-05 at 09:41 PM
Ditto what Ginger & Moonie said.

"RE: yep"
Posted by LionChow on 09-09-05 at 11:38 PM
Agreed, because when you mix a big banana with any cheesy tourisy trap, it has great potential. Go CG!

Posted by Bobdechemist on 09-08-05 at 05:23 PM
Carmen called to tell me she just want to sit on the porch and watch your dog run away for 3 days.

Hi!

Posted by Canada Girl on 09-08-05 at 05:50 PM
Now don't your worry your pretty little head. That banana is going to get prairie out the wazoo.

Ew, there's prairie coming out the wazoo...

Posted by AugustGirl on 09-08-05 at 07:16 PM
I vote for The Delta Bessborough because I had fun trying to say it 5 times fast.

Go on. You do it. Say it 5 times fast. Fun, huh?

Posted by grit on 09-08-05 at 07:21 PM
I vote for The Diefenbaken Centre:

1. I like the cute Canadian spelling for "center".
2. Diefenbaken sounds kind of German and my husband's parents are from Germany.
3. I like that whole "get it on" on the lawn thing you shared with us.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"Lol"
Posted by Canada Girl on 09-08-05 at 07:34 PM
I'm not only a bad canadian, I'm a bad typer. That should have been "Diefenbaker Centre". And I'm still not sure about the spelling. whoops!

"My vote"
Posted by Coconut on 09-08-05 at 07:28 PM
Carmen visits the world's largest anatomically correct moose. Now that's a photo op.

I........used to be a pirate...

"RE: My vote"
Posted by skye on 09-08-05 at 09:09 PM
Actually I think the world's largest anatomically correct moose is in Niagara Falls.

(Seriously. He and I shared a moment. LOL! I'll check through my honeymoon pics and get back to you.)

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." George W. Bush

"Mac versus Max"
Posted by Canada Girl on 09-08-05 at 09:44 PM
Apparently Canada has a "moose-off". A friend of mine got it on under the Moosejaw Moose (the one on the left). Made her boyfriend feel inadequate. It is, indeed, anatomically correct.

Sadly, no trip there for Carmen, it's two hours away.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/12/07/moose-mascot041207.html

"Moose-off"
Posted by Coconut on 09-09-05 at 08:46 AM

Bwahahahahahahaha!

(Dominou says vcc¯¤jgkgkgolrltoelollr.ééé)

Moose-off! That is my new WOTD.

Coc au Flange-- Official Dish of the Phoquetard Inquisitorial Squad

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-08-05 at 07:31 PM
Without reading other choices my vote goes to 2 places:

Kinsmen Park
1910 Boomtown Pioneer Settlement

Life size figurines are creepy and they usually are very dated. I am jusst thinking of the pictures here!

Great ideas!

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 09-08-05 at 09:13 PM
Definitely the Delta Bessborough because of the special connection to you.

Would be fun to see pics of Carmen at the Pioneer settlement.

And, because I'm half Ukrainian, bring her to the museum. She needs to make some perogies.

Have fun!

Sig by Bob celebrating the International Nana Nag

Posted by txmomma26 on 09-08-05 at 09:27 PM
I vote for The Delta Bessborough and 1910 Boomtown Pioneer Settlement and Kinsmen Park and maybe even The Diefenbaken Centre cause it's fun to say.

Posted by Seana on 09-09-05 at 01:26 PM
I vote for the The Delta Bessborough and the Kinsmen Park. Sweet and sentimental together with scary Alice in Wonderland. Kewl.

Posted by ceedee on 09-10-05 at 05:58 PM

I've seen most of the places, but missed the Diefenbaker Centre and the Ukrainian Museum - I was married at the top of the Sheraton, looking out at the Bessborough - but stayed at the Bessborough on our wedding night.

My vote goes for Boomtown - perhaps driving an old tractor or in a convertible????

Posted by strid333 on 09-10-05 at 06:53 PM
I say take the banana to the Toontown Zoo and see if the critters like bananas.

So what did you think of the SK Centenial? I got to be right at the front row for Tom Cochrane in Regina!

Three is the perfect number.

"RE: I vote:"
Posted by foonermints on 09-10-05 at 09:30 PM
Düfenberg Diefenbaken get-it-on and pub crawl Centre! For Obvious Reasons.

Saskatoon Zoo! Phbbt! (reason? see above)

New beautiful Syren!
*smooch*