URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 222
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What Happens To The Turfed?"

Posted by Magus on 08-26-00 at 10:34 PM
From the preview of Survivor II after the Survivor Finale, the Tribal Council will take place at sundown atop a waterfall. In the first show, when a person was voted off, they crossed a bridge, into the woods, where they gave their final words.

Where do they go from the waterfall? Do they get tossed in a barrel and hurled over the falls? Anyonw have some thoughts on this?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What Happens To The Turfed?"
Posted by Laney on 08-27-00 at 10:08 PM
I had the same exact images go through my mind! They better hope they don't have another Sue on their hands... they don't want someone going on a rampage and throwing another person off the waterfall.

"RE: What Happens To The Turfed?"
Posted by Magus on 08-28-00 at 02:26 AM
Hell, I'd pay to see that...

"Sponsor's decision"
Posted by GetBy_er on 08-28-00 at 08:10 AM
I believe the voted off castaway is at the mercy of the show's sponsors:

1) Tandem base jump from the falls with a target parachute with the Target logo. The chute would be lit from underneath using a halogen helmet mounted flashlight. Very dramatic.

2) A beer sponsor (Bud Light) would have a keg-shaped barrel. This would tie in with a revival of 'I asked for a BUD liiiiigggghhttt." commercials

3) (and possibly realistically) They could have the person rappell down the falls. Burnett has a lot of experience at having rope courses on and near falls set up for his Ecochallenge, including nighttime descents. That would add an element of fear to being voted off.