URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2216
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sweet Genius."

Posted by Estee on 09-26-11 at 11:12 AM
That's what the host claims to be. Pity the format makes him come across as a troll.

If you haven't seen it yet, imagine what Chopped would be with a single judge, nothing but deserts, and if they gave you the mystery basket ingredients one at a time. Here, have a forty-minute time limit and some pastilles. Ten minutes gone and you've found a use for them? Excellent! Now take these fennel stalks! Fifteen more minutes and you're just starting to figure out where the fennel might go? Then how about some raw beef! And by the way, this is the chocolate round!

Chopped is about creating and executing a game plan on the fly. This is about creating a plan. And then blowing it up and creating another plan. And then you start to suspect you're actually on Big Brother and the next ingredient out is going to be slop. And should you somehow manage to plate something, the host criticizes your handling of his random conveyor belt while you're forbidden to ask him if he could do any better should you start throwing random supermarket aisles at him. If this show goes on long enough, someone's going to stuff this guy into his own cotton candy machine. Well, it's probably the way he'd want to go...

"I am a sweet genius," claims the host. And that's now officially code for 'jerk.'

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sweet Genius."
Posted by Draco Malfoy on 10-05-11 at 08:13 PM
The host reminds me of a Batman villain. And not one of the cool ones they put on the Animated Series, but one from the old sixties version that gave us Liberace and Milton Berle as villains.

Posted by Estee on 10-21-11 at 09:38 AM
*checks list*

Egghead?

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 11:49 AM
Marsha, Queens of Diamonds?

Posted by jbug on 10-06-11 at 12:07 PM
The host reminds me of Frasier & Niles;
but they are funny;
he is just a pompous ***.

The concept is not terribly bad; but the host leaves much to be desired.

Posted by mindy23 on 10-14-11 at 12:16 PM
The 'Host' who isn't so 'sweet' himself, reminds me of the villian from Mike Myer's run of comedies-oh, darn, the bald-headed guy with the naked cat....

Can't think of the name of them right now, but he's after 'one millllllion dollars!'. And no smile to go with it!

He is just creepy, and I personally would NEVER eat something that guy created. EVER!

Posted by weltek on 10-20-11 at 11:58 AM
Dr. Eeeevil!

I cannot even fathom tuning into this show.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Estee on 10-21-11 at 09:37 AM
It's kind of like Troll 2. You have to check out fifteen minutes just to appreciate how painful it truly is.

Posted by Estee on 10-21-11 at 09:36 AM
Believe it or not, he actually has some respect within his industry -- he's considered to be one of the best cake chefs out there and frequently gets hired to create the centerpieces at major events. People pay large sums to consume what he comes up with.

Which doesn't change the joke format of the show and his complete unsuitability as a host. It just means that if you stuck him in front of his own randomized conveyor belt, he might make Round #2.