URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2213
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Just for being a cry baby, Frank deserved to be fired"

Posted by miss_ganda on 01-09-07 at 02:45 AM
I sort of wanted to see Martin stay a bit longer. I was curious to see how many more (not necessarily African/Nigerian) cliches he could come up with.

Although narrowly won, Heidi deserved to win. Doing whatever it takes including using her pumps as a hammer, hey she had my vote from then on.

Donald is right, Martin is a pompous arse but his boardroom defense was so much easier on the ears. All I could hear from Frank is "but Mr Trump", the rest was pathetic groveling on his part.

BTW, it was due to James' smooth sales tactics that narrowed down the gap in revenue between the teams. But at the end of the day, even James' and other team members efforts couldn't make up for Frank's tactical error and ok, Martin's lack of salesmanship. Still say Frank should have been canned. He better come up with amusing anecdotes to fill the void in that department.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Just for being a cry baby, Frank deserved to be fired"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-09-07 at 09:30 AM
I agree with you. Martin was more of a scapegoat. The loss was Frank's fault. And I agree Frank was obnoxious.

What gets me is Ivanka saying Martin was not the kind of guy she sees working for her daddy. IS FRANK??????????

Seriously both guys would get canned anyways...neither will get the job. It all came down to ratings. Frank is much more flamboyant than Martin.

"RE: Just for being a cry baby, Frank deserved to be fired"
Posted by zipperhead on 01-09-07 at 10:54 AM
I agree.

Whether Heidi intended for the boardroom to play out this way or not, she successfully kept the worse person in the game. I think Frank will cause more dissension in his group than Martin would have.

"RE: A Bad Wind"
Posted by foonermints on 01-09-07 at 02:15 PM
I thought eTwaanka put the kibosh on poor baby Martin. It's sad, because I was hoping he could come up with some rather MORE original cliches.

Handcrafted by RollDice
I miss Cao Boi. *sigh* Never got to hear all his wisdom either.
"There's nothing like being #1!" - new Martinism
*waits patiently*

Posted by catsnotkids on 01-09-07 at 03:56 PM
I also wanted Martin to stay. I was wondering if "you won't fit in" was a code for "You are African American". Anybody else get that vibe?

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-09-07 at 06:44 PM
Nope. It was code for "you are a pompous idiot with no drive, no idea of appropriate humor, and no fashion sense".

Honestly, "I'll gladly hug you if I can go to the bathroom?" Oh, yeah, *that's* professional.

And, "I thought I should stand on a rock and supervise." WTF? Did he not notice that no one was listening to him? (Not to mention that he had virtually nothing to say. He had no idea how to raise that tent.)

But, honestly, if I'd been Trump? I'd have definitely considered firing Frank first. His whining was definitely over the top on the annoyance meter.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Posted by Estee on 01-09-07 at 06:52 PM
I wouldn't have been surprised by a double play, and thought Donald was making a point of stressing that he was only going to fire one at the first Boardroom. Admittedly, we don't know what the episode count is this year -- we might just get a double through quad just because Donald couldn't get the shill list finished in time. (No car wash chain... another not-good sign.) But at least for now, he wants the maximum number of people suffering in the tents.

Posted by lindan on 01-10-07 at 12:23 PM
>we don't know what
>the episode count is this
>year
I think Trump once said "Welcome to week 1 of your 14 week interview". Episode count must be 14 then. There for sure will be some multi firings in some of the upcoming boardroom. We just don't know when.

Posted by foonermints on 01-09-07 at 09:16 PM
*reworks unwanted sigpic*
*sigh*

I am KukulGod!

Posted by miss_ganda on 01-10-07 at 02:27 AM
Come to think of it, the Donald could have put Ivanka up to it. Wonder if he took it as arrogance on Martin's part for using restroom and hugging in the same sentence. After all, Donald is a known germophobe. He hates shaking hands and would rather follow the Japanese act of bowing.

Posted by lindan on 01-10-07 at 12:19 PM
I thought Martin was only joking about needing to go to the bathroom (and giving Trump a hug at the same time) so that he can get a hilarious first impression on National TV. It's hard to believe that Trump would take his words seriously and use them against him in the boardroom.

"Give Martin a break"
Posted by Ricky on 01-10-07 at 09:47 AM
I don't think it was such a big deal that Martin asked to use the bathroom. He was trying to be funny, plus when you gotta go, you gotta go.

I would have liked to have seen Martin stay a little longer as well, I'm going to miss his gems like "A new broom sweeps clean, but an old broom knows the corners".

I'm a big broom analogy fan from way back.

All we are saying is...Give Martin a break.

"RE: Give Martin a break"
Posted by miss_ganda on 01-11-07 at 04:59 AM
He needed to take a bathroom break due to his leakage problem after all didn't he say he had a drip drip drip .....

ok i'll give him a real break now just couldn't resist that one.

"RE: Give Martin a break"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-11-07 at 04:56 PM
He was not joking....it was obvious. His limo ride at the end also showed him not to be joking. It was really lame....but I still would've fired Frank.....but maybe not because if it was my show I know that both guys will eventually get fired...but Frank gets teh edge because he is better for rating.