URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2210
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Chopped"

Posted by samboohoo on 08-16-11 at 12:23 PM
My new obsession, even though I know it's been on a while. I would say that I probably not want to even think about trying at least half of the dishes, but I am still glued to it.

This weekend they had an All-Star version with several Next Food Network people and the judges. I LOVED watching the judges, especially because of how critical they are in the rounds they oversee.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Chopped"
Posted by jbug on 08-16-11 at 12:27 PM
I watch this a lot. Usually record it while watching something else that I have recorded. So many of the eps I watch are re-runs. I do like this show.

Joker Original 8/2011

Posted by mindy23 on 09-08-11 at 10:58 AM
FTR: I've been watching Chopped for several years now! I have loved it since the first time I stumbled upon it. It's my kind of show: utilize whatever you can find in the cupboard to make something at least etible! HA. I've had to do that, and I think most housewives/mothers have had to do that a few times. You know, you look in the cabinets, and all you have is canned tuna, fish crackers, and a pound of broccoli or apples? I think it happens a lot.

Anyway, I really love the Chopped Champions, when they bring back previous winners to go up against eachother, and then once they brought in some Food Network Stars to go up against eachother and that was fun, too! I'd love to see that again!!

Posted by Agman2 on 04-05-16 at 10:40 AM
nice siggie

Posted by Estee on 09-08-11 at 12:01 PM
The TV Tropes page is fun.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Chopped

Imagine the dialogue during the fatal allergen episode.

'Did you even bother tasting your dish?'
'Are you high?'

Posted by samboohoo on 09-09-11 at 10:01 AM
Thanks for the link.

I have seen so many of the episodes they talk about - especially the guy who was allergic to the fish. I don't think that part is particularly fair.

I've also seen a lot of blood. I wouldn't eat that food either. Or sweat.

There have been some really wild contestants. I saw the episode last night with Lola, from England. She was quite a card. Geoffery completely called her out on being such a slob. I had seen her in a redemption episode, so I knew she had lost in last night's ep, but I don't think I realized she had made it to the final round.

There was also another guy who won a while back, who made a huge mess.

Scott reminds me a lot of Simon Cowell. I love Aaron. And Geoffery.

I'm in the middle of watching the Champions edition.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie