URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2204
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Same Name"

Posted by jbug on 07-27-11 at 10:07 AM

Got a intro during BB; the Hoff entertains.

I sorta liked it. But I don't think it will have a long run.
#1 how many people have the same names as celebrities?
#2 how many times can one see the same "switch places" before getting bored?

David Hasselhoff JR - liked how he thought he was gonna have a few days vacation of ease; & found a busy schedule instead. He did tho get to experience the luxury house w/ big bed & shower
It was fun to see the Hoff's father. Years ago DH worked at Brink's Inc - & Joe Hasselhoff worked at the same company (this was back in the Night Rider days I guess - in the early '80's). They met at meetings several times; he was a super nice guy - very down to earth, & very proud of his son; mailed us some autographed pics of David.

I loved how the Hoff joked with Jr's family; and how he got along with them. (funny that they all ate dinner on tv trays - no dining room table big enough?). Laughed when he came home from work & kissed Jr's wife on the cheek & spoke to the baby.
To me, the Hoff actually got the more exciting end of the swap. Of course, as soon as the guy started talking about the costs of mowers & such, I knew the Hoff would be buying them some; however, the surprise college scholarship for Jr's baby son was unexpected - as was the trip to Germany to see him perform.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Same Name"
Posted by cahaya on 07-27-11 at 12:31 PM
Yeah, I watched it right after BB was on and, like you, kind of enjoyed it. It's not compelling TV by any means, but has that good feel to it as both guys swap lives for a few days. There's a huge difference between dinner out at a Texas roadhouse than at a Hollywood Japanese restaurant! It was kind of funny to see the everyday Hoff ask 'how do you eat this, anyway?' It was nice of the Hoff to give reasonably modest gifts to the Texas Hoff family, but I hope gaudy gifts doesn't become the trend.

I don't think it'll get a long run, likely one season, partly because of the limited star power. The Hoff's glory days are already over; so too is Mike Tyson's although it'll be interesting to see how he behaves himself.

Posted by jbug on 07-27-11 at 12:57 PM
Wonder if googling celeb names will give us any matches?
Or maybe putting celeb names in FB might match a few.

Posted by cahaya on 07-27-11 at 02:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-11 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

I would think that the vast majority of celebs have someone else who share their name (apart from Prince). I have a very unusual name, rare even in its country of origin, and it turns out two other people (both outside the U.S.) have the same first and last name I do. (Although neither have my middle name.)

A good way to check is not with google, but another site with the results for Paris Hilton. Want to contact or even visit this other Paris Hilton? No problem. Heck, I can even see who she has for neighbors!

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 11:36 AM
Did it last more than an episode?