URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2203
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Donald v. Rosie"

Posted by Creanie on 12-22-06 at 07:52 PM
I can't believe that Trump accused Rosie of lying about him, when everything that comes out of his mouth is either a distortion or downright lie. He says ratings for The View are low since Rosie joined -- they're actually UP 30%. He said he never filed for bankruptcy -- OK, so it was "Trump HOTELS", not him personally, but he didn't mention that part. He said Rosie got thrown off her own show because ratings were bad -- she had great ratings, a huge audience, and quit the show of her own volition. Why doesn't he talk about how the ratings for the Apprentice have been going steadily downhill? The show is a joke. Especially now that he's fired Carolyn (because he can't bear to share the spotlight). Even though I couldn't believe she could work for that sexist egomaniac, at least she had executive experience. Now the contestants have to be critiqued by Trump's daughter, who is all of what, 25? Aside from all of that, his personal attack on Rosie showed his true colors. I will not watch The Apprentice this season -- I knew he was a joke before, but now I realize he's just a jerk, plain and simple.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Donald v. Rosie"
Posted by anotherkim on 12-23-06 at 12:27 PM

When he fired Carolyn, I knew it would take something spectacular for me to watch his ego-stroking tripe again. Now that he's gone into this bizzarro juvenile attack mode on Rosie, not a chance in hell I'll watch again. I find him boorish, crude and totally replusive.

Your post sums up a number of my issues with his tirade--a fit I believe was thrown in order to call more attention to himself, btw.

I will laugh my arse off if The Apprentice gets the axe before Rosie does.

Trump sucks.

Posted by maryellennaco on 12-26-06 at 03:01 PM
With you both 100%. I think the reason why he even gave Miss USA another chance was because SHE was getting too much attention and he wanted the spotlight on himself (what else is new??) I used to like The Apprentice, but like you; I don't think watching people live in a tent is going to do it for me. Also, on the off chance that the idiot might get the idea somebody actually LIKES his schtick, I gotta go do my nails or something when the show is on. He's a putz, plain & simple. JMHO

Posted by susang on 12-28-06 at 12:29 PM
One time, DT said that if Ivanka were not his daughter, he'd date her. Ugh!

Posted by maryellennaco on 12-28-06 at 04:27 PM
EEWWWW!!!! And the poor girl looks more like Dad than Mom to boot!! Did any of you notice on the homepage the headline "Donald Trump Vows to Boycott THE VIEW" or something like that. Geez man, make up your mind, already!! Here we thought he was busy during the week making million dollar deals. Who knew he had TIME to watch THE VIEW??? What a dork!

Posted by qwertypie on 01-02-07 at 06:07 PM
BWA HA HA HA HA!

I've been Tribed! And I liked it!

Posted by Mr Black on 01-02-07 at 11:20 PM
Rosie has a Big Loving Heart! Donald has a Big Ego with lots of open pockets! There is NO contest here!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by TVFreak on 12-29-06 at 00:49 AM
I was scared to come into this forum, I thought that I might find a bunch of 'Trump love'. A business man should know that you never, ever attack someone personally, it's bad business! Calling someone fat, a midget, ugly, stupid, immoral(is Donny a homophobe?), is SO unprofessional! And, saying that BW is on his side is a huge gamble! I've watched The View since it first came on the air, and if BW doesn't come on and support Ro, and defends Trump, I'll never watch the show again! Anyhoo, I will NOT be watching The Apprentice this season! Donald can kiss my Apprenta**!

Posted by Callithowucit on 01-11-07 at 08:31 PM
Rosie is getting what she deserves! She's a big mouth who has finally met her match! I've never cared much for the View, way too liberal for me. When I heard she had the job at the View, my View days were definitely over! Donald will chew her up and spit her out. And I do agree with most of yall about the Apprentice this season, I don't like the idea of the losers living in a tent. The production of the show is going down hill. I don't agree that his daughter should be sitting beside him. Does anyone know how old she is?

Posted by qwertypie on 01-12-07 at 11:37 PM
I think Ivanka is about 25, but I could be mistaken.

Posted by JohnMc on 12-29-06 at 12:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-07 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

Donald's insults toward Rosie are so 5th grade schoolyard that I'm surprised that he keeps saying them.

Rosie's show went out on top, while Donald's is jumping the shark by moving to LA and adding that stupid Survivor element of sleeping in a tent. (wtf??)

And to call someone fat and ugly is just so incredibly juvenille, particularly with a man who is himself overweight with the world's best-known worst combover. I mean, if he's got all that money, why not invest in a good haircut, hair transplant, or some Rogaine. And his dye jobs are not working too well.

But when he brings Rosie's partner into it he's simply crossed the line. Rosie has exhibited a great deal of class by not saying anything about trophy wife #3, aside from the fact that he cheated on trophy wives #1 and #2. Guess that ones a tit-fer-tat.

Personally, I will never watch the apprentice again. (Note the small "a" - doesn't really deserve much more than that.) I hope that everyone who reads this post will do the same. Donald does not deserve the viewers, and the sponsors need to shut him down.

editing because I have more to say but I don't want to bump the thread w/a new post.

I was concerned with yesterday's news of a Walters/O'Donnell feud as a result of the Rosie/Donald feud. I think Rosie had a point in saying that Barbara should have stepped in earlier. If Donald was lying, she should have said so. Because Donald brought her into this, she really couldn't straddle the fence and have both Rosie and Donald as "buddies."

I completely applaud Barbara for finally calling Donald a liar. It confirms what I believed but honestly had not heard and so I questioned where Barbara's loyalty may have been. (It also is kind of scary because Donald really has a way of making you believe that what he says is true, even when you know it's phony.)

I can't believe that DT thinks that it's ok for him to keep picking on now both of them just because they didn't mention his name. His ego is bruised because it really isn't him that is getting people watching The View, but it's those fabulous 4 women! (Go Elisabeth Hasselbeck!)

PS. I'm glad to see the ratings drop on Donald's show.

Posted by amea_gari on 01-06-07 at 00:10 AM
I quit watching the Apprentice after season 3, which I could barely get through. By that time Trump himself was so repugnant to me, his decisions so stupid and contradictory, that I was getting in fights with my television every Thursday night.

I really don't like Rosie O'Donnel. I think she's crass, ridiculous, ignorant, and not remotely funny. I can't imagine why anyone would want to listen to her pontificate.
So what does it say about Trump when I say she came out MILES ahead of him in this publicity debacle? For as much as I dislike Rosie, Trump has shown he hasn't got a fraction of the class she does. As another poster said, he comes across as pathetically juvenile. HOW did a man with so little wit, intelligence, self-restraint, class, manhood, sense, ability to articulate, and maturity manage to make so much money?
Well when you don't have the good qualities to use, I guess you resort to the bad. Lying, cheating, and stealing maybe?

The funny thing is, before the Apprentice came on, I was utterly indifferent to Donald Trump. No opinion one way or the other. I knew he was some kind of incredibly wealthy businessman, and that's it. I started watching from the first or second episode of the first season. I liked it, I was entertained, and it took a whole season and a half for the man's decrepit soul to finally get to me. He's digging his own grave. The more the public sees him, the more they hate him.

"Totally agree"
Posted by udg on 01-07-07 at 11:43 AM
I cannot stand Rosie, but Trump crossed too many lines. "You're fat and ugly." What? Is he in second grade? Total moron.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by AZ_Leo on 01-07-07 at 12:30 PM
HOW did a man with so little wit, intelligence, self-restraint, class, manhood, sense, ability to articulate, and maturity manage to make so much money?

Like other scam artists, partly through the greed and gullibility of others. I am delighted to live in a city where the people ran him, his hair, and his ego out of town, in spite of his "purchase" (not necessarily with cash) of the city council.

A tribephyl original

Posted by DL on 01-06-07 at 04:55 PM
I, too, at first, was appalled by both Donald and Rosie's behavior etc. I am beginning to think it might be a ploy tho, on Mr Trumps part, to get his show going in the ratings, but who knows? I would like to challenge both of them tho. Instead of going on tv shows and bashing each other, I want them to shut up and put up donations for trying to find a cure for Huntingtons Disease (which my daughter is dying from as we speak). I have her here at home with me. The energy those two are wasting could be so well put to good use in trying to find some form of help for this horrid disease. I hope they both read this post or hear that some woman in Iowa would like them to put up, or shut up. thanks

Posted by TVFreak on 01-07-07 at 05:10 PM
My sympathies to you DL, I will pray for you and your daughter. You must be a very strong parent. I wish the Donald would shut his mouth and quit polluting the world with his negativity. My mom always told me, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Wish he and Ro would do that.

Posted by MollyTV on 01-07-07 at 02:43 PM
i am with everyone here...i too, had planned to check out the "new" apprentice and see if it was worth it....i was sick of the old....but you know i will not even bother...

the donald is boring and i think its all hype but when he had melania and ivanka come out and sit next to him and "talk" about rosie that was when i was sure i won't be watching the new apprentice.

i can't wait to find out how bad the ratings are in week 3...
mollytv

Posted by Creanie on 01-07-07 at 11:55 PM
Some people may not be huge fans of Rosie, but she certainly does more than her share of good works and charitable donations -- just check out her website. Did you see Trump down in New Orleans building houses? Of course not. Sure, he gave $10K to the guy who saved the kid on the subway platform -- but hmmmm, isn't it curious he did that right before the premiere of the Apprenta**....? The worst example of his greed was when I heard he and Trophy Wife #3 were actually REGISTERED for wedding gifts -- like that man needs anything!!! He should've requested donations to charity.

I did originally find the Apprenta** sort of interesting, from a curiosity standpoint -- what traits executives value in the candidates, how the candidates sell themselves and deal with stress, what works, what doesn't. Yeah, Trump was a sexist, completely un-PC blowhard egomaniac, but it was fun listening to George and Carolyn's comments, and watching how some of the candidates who started off strong eventually unravelled under the pressure. Each season the show lost a little something, but I still watched out of curiosity and because nothing better was on.

However, after this Rosie debacle, I'm done. I have never seen a so-called "executive" behave as childishly, unprofessionally and nastily. And he says SHE has no class??? I'm simply amazed that Meredith Veira is the only journalist with the b*lls to stand up to him!

The stupid-a** tent "twist" this season shows how desperate he is to boost his sinking ratings. I can't wait to see how lousy the ratings are!

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 01-08-07 at 00:37 AM
Well, I certainly didn't watch it. I took a nice long relaxing bath.

Tribe rocked me!

Posted by iltarion on 01-08-07 at 01:12 AM
Is this a forum for The Apprentice or a Trump bashing forum?
I don't know Trump personally and so I mostly reserve judgement. I watch the show for the contestants. If none of you are going to watch the show, then fine, syanara!
Rosie is moronic and completely unfunny. I would not spend a moment of my time listening to her shoot her ignorant, boring, male-hating mouth off. That is just my opinion.
Trump's rips on Rosie, though hilarious to me, were clearly sophmoric and unprofessional. You probably could also call them "classless." However, Rosie attacked him personally, not professionally, and thus, he responded likewise. He said he would be nasty if things got personal, and he has fulfilled his promise.

Posted by amea_gari on 01-09-07 at 10:22 PM
A lot of people who post on this forum have been watching and posting since Season 1. We have discussed Donald Trump, his ego and his behavior as part of the interest of the show. It is, after all, a show all about selling Trump.
There is -one- thread on this forum dedicated to this topic. Please don't feel it is within your jurisdiction to tell people 'sayonara' (whilst butchering a language) and dictate what they may and may not talk about here. Trump is as much a 'character' on the show as anyone else, and we also talk about apprentices who were fired, and what they're doing now. It's relevant.

Posted by iltarion on 01-11-07 at 04:12 AM
I have posted on here plenty of times before and am fully aware of the rules. Maybe you are not since your post is borderline a direct attack on me instead of my opinion, which is a direct violation of the rules of this board. Don't feel it is your "jurisdiction" to tell me what I already know. I was not attacking anyone except to say Goodbye (in any language) to all the posters who claimed they are no longer going to watch the show. That is their perogative, but then logically, I don't expect them to be on these boards anymore. I will be here because I WILL continue to watch the show, as I have every Apprentice episode that has ever aired. Nuff said.

Posted by amea_gari on 01-15-07 at 00:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-07 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

So you're coming after me for telling you not to go after other people?
That's called irony.
I didn't make an attack against you. I was very clear about my intentions, and my reasons for posting. If you feel I was out of line, please feel free to alert the mods. I will continue to say that this whole "Why don't you go post elsewhere if you're not going to talk about what I want to talk about" line of posting is inappropriate.
Am I censuring you for censuring other people? I guess so. But I am here to listen to people's opinions, not muddle through "You need to go elsewhere if you want to talk about this" posts.

Posted by Callithowucit on 01-11-07 at 08:39 PM
Thank you! My sentiment as well! Again, Rosie is getting what she deserves, she's a big mouth. Sick of her cramming her personal life down everyones throat. Go be gay, no one wants to hear it! Rosie could surly use all these folks support on the Views web site.

Posted by LakerLuv on 01-12-07 at 01:46 PM
I agree with you 100%. Rosie is a bully who has met her match. She cracked on Star Jones, Kirstie Alley, Kelly Ripa, and God knows who else and they let her get away with it. Donald fought back and she can't take it. She questioned his morality and he called her fat and ugly. I say it's a fair exhange. Maybe she'll think twice before talking about anybody else in public.

"But....."
Posted by qwertypie on 01-12-07 at 11:51 PM
If he had just taken the high road "What is great about America is everyone has the right to their opinions BLAH BLAH BLAH, yes, I was hurt by what she said BLAH BLAH BLAH, I believe in giving Miss USA a second chance BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" and just let it drop, it might have been the nail in the coffin for Rosie -- she was coming fresh off the Chinese insult and Kelly Rippa/Clay Aiken outing and probably could not have taken another hit.

Posted by thecrossbowkid on 01-08-07 at 08:47 AM
Hell, I like them both. I think they really hate each other, but this feud is largely fabricated to coincide with the new Apprentice season.

Why I Like the Trumpster- He is a self made man who molds the world in HIS IMAGE. His arrogance and meglomania with money appeals to the inner Ceasar in all men who wish they were like him. He unabashedly flaunts his money, power and incredibly hot new wife. Bravo. Only in America.

Why I Like Rosie- She is a self-made woman of uncertain talent who has made herself a celebrity for her ability to (?!??!?) She has a shrill wit and overbearing presence but definite character. She is easy for men to hate, but I think she is funny as hell. Ching Chong Ching Chong Ching!!!

Posted by TVFreak on 01-10-07 at 09:06 AM
DT is not a 'self made' man. He inherited his money from Daddy.

Posted by blogger on 01-10-07 at 10:02 AM
This is unbelievable. These two just keep going at it. Now he's dragging Barbara into it!

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/TV_Guide/TVNews/Articles/090106_Trumpletter_GD

Posted by Callithowucit on 01-11-07 at 08:19 PM
No, that was Rosie who involved Barbara. Rosie is getting what she deserves. She's met her match!

Posted by Callithowucit on 01-11-07 at 08:22 PM
Easy for men to hate! I know many women who can't stand her. I'm one of em'. I can't bear watching the view knowing I've got to listen to her chime in over everyone....Joy has nothing on Rosie. Good luck View. Rosie has met her match!

Posted by DarwinianAtheist on 01-11-07 at 10:13 PM
I TOTALLY can't stand Rosie- and I thought Star Jones was annoying! Babs has just got to be kicking herself for getting this idiot on the show! How long was Rosie on The View before she started making fun of Chinese ppl? Like what- one day? You give it to her, Donald!

Posted by AshLanie on 01-15-07 at 07:49 AM
>I TOTALLY can't stand Rosie- and
>I thought Star Jones was
>annoying! Babs has just got
>to be kicking herself for
>getting this idiot on the
>show! How long was Rosie
>on The View before she
>started making fun of Chinese
>ppl? Like what- one day?
>You give it to her,
>Donald!

Agree......I've watched the show only about ten times since Rosie has been a part of it and each times I felt I was watching a tv version of that magazine call the Enquirer or the female verion of the Jerry Springer show.

The View used to have class but now all it is (imho) a tabloid type of show. all Rose ever contributes to the show is gossip and she does it in such a nasty way. I venture to say Rosie is a very unhappy person to always be so negative about others.

As for raings and the View, well Springer must have the ratings also because that show is still on the air but doesn't mean it is a quality type show.

Ratings can be juggled to suit the purposes of the network. Look at the past when a show was cancelled (because of suppose low ratings yet people screamed loud and clear and the show was brought back (Most recent one was a show call Day Break and in the past Cheers).

Time will tell with this new format of the View and if it is actually what people want.

Posted by busygrrrl on 01-17-07 at 09:35 AM
I dont like either Donald or Rosie, but if I had to choose, I would say I dislike Rosie the most b/c she is the one who started this war and when Donald comes back with it, she wants to play the victim b/c he called her a fat loser,lol, Rosie had it coming, she is always judging someone. smh

All she had to do was point out the double standard of how he didnt take the crown away from Ms. USA, but no, she started talking crap about his personal life and insulting the way he looked when Rosie isnt winning any beauty pageants herself.

Posted by Bluenblonde on 01-16-07 at 05:08 PM
Who the hell would want to be moulded in his image.

"Most nauseating headline ever."
Posted by Estee on 01-12-07 at 10:37 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/donald-trump-and-star-jones-as-one-1011242.php

I can't stop picturing the combined hair.

"RE: Most nauseating headline ever."
Posted by miss_ganda on 01-18-07 at 00:38 AM
I am not liking Rosie much since the Tom Selleck bashing but the most nauseating thought is that Star Jones actually bagged a gay I-mean-guy that actually has the courage to have sex with her, yuck !