URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2199
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Seen the new twists?"

Posted by mysticwolf on 12-13-06 at 01:44 AM
According to a story I read in the paper Apprentice is going to start integrating a few Survivor elements.

No more nice guy for losers. The losing team supposedly won't be spending time in the suite, they'll be camping out in the backyard. In tents.

No more changing of the guard. If you are Project Leader you stay PL until your team loses.

No more lone board rooms. If you are the winning PL you get to sit in on the losers BR's and give input on who to fire.

Interesting twists.

On the one hand, you don't want to sleep in the backyard, so you're glad to help your side win. On the other, if you keep winning you may never get a chance to show your stuff as a PL.

On the one hand, you want a PL position, so maybe it's in your best interest to sabotage your team. On the other, you end up in the backyard, and you may be eliminated if the winning PL knows you sabotaged and calls you effectively on it.

On the one hand, you're the winning PL and want to eliminate the biggest threats and keep the weaker players &/or someone with whom you've aligned. On the other hand, if you don't call someone on their weakness & sabotage you bring your own honor (if there is such a thing on Apprentice) and judgement on forming a team into question.

God help me. These twists might actually make it interesting again. Assuming anyone at all is still willing to watch after the past yawn fests.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Table of contents
  • RE: Seen the new twists?,MKitty, 01:51 PM, 12-20-06
  • RE: Seen the new twists?,Ricky, 03:48 AM, 12-21-06
  • RE: Seen the new twists?,maryellennaco, 11:31 AM, 12-21-06
    • RE: Seen the new twists?,Wacko Jacko, 11:40 AM, 12-21-06
      • RE: Seen the new twists?,Estee, 12:02 PM, 12-21-06
        • Fun? maybe. To hire for an actual JOB? *gasps*,Palm Tree, 04:35 PM, 12-24-06
  • RE: Seen the new twists?,amea_gari, 00:48 AM, 01-06-07
  • RE: Seen the new twists?,anotherkim, 05:12 PM, 01-06-07
    • RE: Seen the new twists?,iltarion, 01:47 AM, 01-08-07
      • RE: Seen the new twists?,Cyndimaus, 11:52 AM, 01-08-07

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Seen the new twists?"
Posted by MKitty on 12-20-06 at 01:51 PM
Well, these new twists could bring me back. I was a big fan and loved it, until about the 3rd season when I just got tired of the all the stupid DAWS and their antics...and the finales were always : worst.finale.ever.

I'll tune in to check out the new season and see how it goes...god I hope it gets better...

A Tribe original!

Posted by Ricky on 12-21-06 at 03:48 AM
>>No more nice guy for losers. The losing team supposedly won't be spending time in the suite, they'll be camping out in the backyard. In tents.

Well at least this season is in LA not NYC - should be a little warmer to be out doors.

>>No more lone board rooms. If you are the winning PL you get to sit in on the losers BR's and give input on who to fire.

That would funny. The only thing is the winning PL most likely would have been totally focused on their own team. How would they know who to fire on the other team ?

I hope these twists are true. If not You're fired from the boards for spreading false rumors .

All we are saying is...Give Peace a Chance

Posted by maryellennaco on 12-21-06 at 11:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-06 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

Dang, Mysticwolf, that's a LOT of HANDS!!!! I agree with you though, this might liven up the game some. The last time this show was on, I almost ALWAYS ended up asleep at the end. Great insomnia treatment!!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 12-21-06 at 11:40 AM
As far as the Tents twist. And the losing team not being able to spend the night in a suite was stolen from My Fat Obnoxious Boss. On that show the losing team had to spend the night on the city streets underneath the Subway trains in Chicago. It was pretty hilarious...I bet Trump did not want to go that far. Another interesting twist on My Fat Obnoxious Boss was for one challenge the winning team got to spend the night on a mattress filled with money...it was funny because the bed was so uncomfortable...and the people complained that they weren't sure if they really won.

Posted by Estee on 12-21-06 at 12:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-06 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

You mean that show actually happened? I thought I'd made the whole thing up!

"Fun? maybe. To hire for an actual JOB? *gasps*"
Posted by Palm Tree on 12-24-06 at 04:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-06 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

Maybe it will be fun to watch, now...would do this do any good to his Organization image! I know this is after all a "reality show", however, I just wonder what good could be taken out of this for Trump Organizations!

Posted by amea_gari on 01-06-07 at 00:48 AM
I'm probably going to give it a try, after going over a year without watching the show at all. (maybe two, not sure when Season 3 was over)
There's simply a dearth of anything worth watching on TV, and my life really is that mundane. If I remotely had a life, I wouldn't bother

Posted by anotherkim on 01-06-07 at 05:12 PM
even if I'd thought about watching, which I haven't since the craptasticness of the last season and Trump's idiotic attacks on Rosie, the idea of makingthe losing teams sleep in tents would have totally turned me off. That has to be the dumbest idea to come down the reality show "twist" pike in quite some time. Put them in the servants' quarters, make them walk to work, but tents??? Please.

I don't like the project leader twist, either. I think it is designed to have a team throw a challenge just to get rid of an obnoxious PL whose on a win streak. It also gives the project manager too much credit for success--we've all seen sh!tty PLs get lucky because they had a great team member or one who won simply because the other team was so incredibly awful. This "twist" is purely to add drama. Manipulation like that just pisses me off.

The input in the boardroom makes no sense to me, either. Now you'll have folks in there who can make it personal and push their own agenda instead of sticking to business and what's best for the company...oh, wait, Trump is all about that, isn't he?

this show was interesting for about one and half seasons and boring, repetitive train wreck after that.

Posted by iltarion on 01-08-07 at 01:47 AM
Making the losing team sleep outside is a GOOD idea. I am completely for it. The Apprentice was starting to turn into Survivor with people forming alliances in order to protect themselves. People didn't mind losing at all if they could get rid of someone outside of their "alliance." We've also seen people not give their best effort on a task, hoping that their PM would get fired. This twist will encourage the teams to want to win at all costs.
I do not like the new "make-it-take-it" rule with the PMs. It allows weaker contestants to slide by if they happen to be on a team with a strong PM. We've already seen Heidi as PM. Let's see someone else!
I like and don't like the PM being in on the Board Room. I like that they get inside information on the opposing team, and that they are there to contrast what the winning team did versus what the losing team did or did not do. But I don't like the fact that they basically have a hand in deciding who should go when they weren't there! They didn't perform the task with the losing team and therefore don't know who is to blame and who is not. I liked Trump having the two sets of eyes and ears to give him differing view points. Is the winning PM ever going to argue with Ivanka over who to fire? I don't think so.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 01-08-07 at 11:52 AM
While I like the idea of the winning PM being in the board room, I think there should be someone other than Ivanka to give Trump input on how the teams did. She can't be everywhere at once. Plus two opinions can make things more interesting.

Sigs by Cyg