URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2198
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Expedition Impossible (continued)"

Posted by cahaya on 06-30-11 at 09:02 PM
After a fairly highly rated premier, the remaining 12 teams continue their trek in the hot desert of Morocco!

Opening a new thresd here after the large number of posts and PTTE entries in the original.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Expedition Impossible (continued)"
Posted by cahaya on 06-30-11 at 09:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-11 AT 10:41 PM (EST)

Note, before reading further! This is an East Coast Spoiler Thread.

Teams don't start out according to the time the arrived after the last "stage". Instead, they're grouped into "waves" which depart separately.

The local horse tender responds to one trekker's question as to which horse is the best: All horses are the same, they all have four legs. We very soon find out otherwise as some horses are a little more spirited than others and some riders become more dispirited than others after having trouble staying on. In one case, both horse and rider take a tumble to the ground. Ouch!

The Gypsies and Country Boys reach the first check point in first and second, while the California Girls seem to have more experience on skates than horses, lagging way behind in last. The first checkpoint involves choosing the right buckets to fill with water in a stream and in turn fill up an urn which will float their next set of instructions after filling up.

Country Boys, Gypsies, Football Players, and No Limits are the first four to complete the urn clue and head to the river. But the river (more like a stream) is shallow and some teams have difficulty navigating the shallows, grounding often. Team order reshuffles a lot during the trip downstream. Uh, oh, someone flips over with their paddles drifting downstream! Here's where teamwork counts, as a lot of time could be lost to get back on track.

Gypsies are the first to make it downstream. The next task is to find the right lamp which will illuminate a part of a map that gives the location of the stage's finish line. Teams start bunching up here, trying to find the right lamp and there's another reshuffling of team order with this more mental challenge. The NY Fireman and Mom's Army are the last two teams to leave.

The Gypsies finish the stage first, followed by Country Boys, No Limits, Football Players and Fab 3. Meanwhile, the NY Firemen, Cops and Mom's Army are lost while the remaining teams check in. What's with these last three teams? They have a map, but I didn't see anyone pull out a compass. Even without a compass, it's a sunny day and the sun sets in the west (and close enough to the equator, almost due west), right? Finally, the NY Firemen find the bridge and stumble their way in, with the Cops next. Mom's Army goes marching home after a brutal battle against the elements in the Moroccan desert.

Next week: Camels are more ornery than the horses ever were, a sandstorm strikes, another trip down the stream, a totem-pole type challenge and one team member suffers hiking blisters on the foot and may not be able to continue...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 06-30-11 at 09:14 PM
The blind guy (still behind on the names) got some major guts to get onto that horse and tag along with his teammates through a gully! He's got great teammates who are working patiently with him and explaining what's ahead and what the scenery is like, etc. I'm pulling for this team to do well.

Posted by cahaya on 06-30-11 at 09:18 PM
Looking it up... the blind guy is Erik Weihenmayer, a motivational speaker/writer from Golden, Colorado. He's a brave dude riding a horse. I'm an experienced trail rider and probably the best thing for his team to do is place him in the middle and let his horse follow the lead horse with a backup behind.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 06-30-11 at 09:21 PM
Right. I just hope Erik didn't hear the other horse rearing up and dumping its rider before he got onto his own horse!

Posted by Estee on 07-01-11 at 06:51 AM
Apparently the host is under the delusion that 'Now go get some rest' is about to become the nation's latest catchphrase.

"Now get some rest"
Posted by Starshine on 07-16-11 at 09:54 AM
The annoying voices have gone

Looks like the winners are going to be the Gypsies or No Limits, however if we keep having search tasks they could lose out.

Chad is killing the Country Boys (and possibly the donkey), I don't understand how he can be so strong on the flat and so slow on a slope.

I don't know if it is patronising, however Erik impresses the heck out of me every week. I'm sure I would have twisted an ankle walking up that mountain and he did it without being able to see where he was putting his feet.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

"RE: Now get some rest"
Posted by kingfish on 07-16-11 at 11:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-11 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

The annoying voices have been eliminated. But they sure wrung all the tears they could out of that departure. Last week too.

Agree about Eric. Amazing. Still not convinced that they can win overall with him (I mean surely being blind really is a detriment in an ECO like competition?), but his performance so far has been inspirational, and you just know the producers are really hoping for him to do well. Might just lock them in for a few seasons.

For all his strength and seeming athleticism, Chad doesn't have much in the way of lungs.

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-16-11 at 10:02 PM
I see Eric jogging in the park (I'm walking, he's jogging) and he is amazing. He is tethered to someone else, but other than that, he has a very sure, steady gait.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-16-11 at 11:09 PM
Yeah, really, WTF is up with Chad? The only possible explanation I can think of is that he requires a LOT of protein to keep him going but he's not getting enough to eat out there, so he crashes'n'burns quite rapidly compared to everyone else.

Still, we can all do without his constant whinging. At least the Kansas girls gave it their best and legitimately had injuries (i.e. Mackenzie's feet) while doing their whinging.

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-17-11 at 01:22 AM
I can't decide if I like this show or not. For me, the big difference between this and Amazing Race is the lack of frenetic activity and yelling. Sort of like watching a marathon as opposed to a sprint.

Cracked me up when one of the teams said to No Limits "Kind of like Everest" when they climbed the mountain. I'm sure No Limits was thinking yeah, but only several thousand feet lower in altitude and no oxygen needed.

Posted by Max Headroom on 07-17-11 at 09:57 AM
This show is survival of the fittest. Unlike TAR, there aren't many mental tasks, and the ones they do have require a 4-mile uphill hike to get to them. Given the overly physical nature of this show, the winners are preordained to be a strong alpha male team. The all-female teams have no chance, teams with out-of-shape members have no chance, and teams where somebody gets hurt have no chance, regardless of their composition.

That narrows the winner's pool to the Gypsies, No Limits, and the Football Players. The Cops, Firefighters, and Fishermen are too old, California Girls are females, Fab 3 aren't overly fit and have a female member, and the Country Boys aren't in good enough shape.

Even so, I'm enjoying watching this show. Despite its predictability, it's entertaining enough to pass the time during the slow summer TV season.

"Week 5, finally!"
Posted by cahaya on 07-22-11 at 01:40 AM
A team beats the heavily-favored Gypsies to the finish line after the Gypsies go 4-0, with the Fab 3 winning.

And the California Girls surprisingly escape last place after running in last place all day, beating the NY Firemen in a foot race to the finish.

For once, not a bad day for the gals, with the Fab 3 having one gal member, and the three Cali gals surviving to race another day.

Recap posted here.

"RE: Week 5, finally!"
Posted by Puffy on 07-22-11 at 02:11 AM
I would have liked to see the California Girls help the New York Firemen with the rope on the locked box. When this is all done and over with, I'd sure like to see Erik, the blind man, interviewed on TV or be featured in a magazine-type TV show. What a guy!

Posted by cahaya on 07-22-11 at 03:04 AM
I thought it was pretty cool of the Gypsies to give away the middle-of-the-leg winner's prize of video calls from home to the No Limits team. Those guys were practically in tears about it and they later hugged the Gypsies for their magnanimous gesture. It was nice (after watching a rather mean Big Brother episode the same night) to see the friendliness amongst these Expedition contestants.

Posted by Puffy on 07-25-11 at 01:46 AM
I agree. So far, these teams are much nicer to each other than the folks on BB, TAR, Survivor, etc.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-25-11 at 10:37 AM
Considering the relatively small prizes ($50K and a car each), it's not so surprising that they're more into the experience and they realize how tough it is to get through each leg, so they're more likely to want to help each other.

Make the prize $1 million, and you'll see more cut-throat competition.

"Week 6"
Posted by cahaya on 07-29-11 at 10:10 AM
If the ratings and the chatter inside here are anything to go by, this show won't last another season. Going head-to-head against BB doesn't help.

Having said that, I'm enjoying this show more each week, as we're seeing more personalities with fewer teams to track.

This week's recap.

"RE: Week 6"
Posted by emydi on 07-29-11 at 10:35 AM
I'm still watching!

The editing during the show is quite transparent. You can tell who is leaving right after they start because one of the team members says something about messing up, etc. Just like the Fishermen did last nite.

I still think The blind guy is amazing. I hope they win

Posted by Starshine on 07-30-11 at 05:49 AM
I'm enjoying it, although I (and probably the teams) could do with less slogging through water.

Posted by Max Headroom on 07-30-11 at 04:08 PM
It looks like the weekly theme will be, "Can the California Girls finish ahead of one other team and survive another week?" But with there being no prizes for finishing first, a strategy of "just don't finish last" could work for almost the whole expedition.

I think Erik of No Limits is amazing, and Jeff is equally amazing for leading him through all the tasks and challenges.

Posted by Puffy on 07-30-11 at 10:06 PM
But they do get a prize for finishing first...a 3 minute lead. Whoop-de-doo! TAR didn't have prizes for finishing first during the beginning seasons. Then for a few seasons, some of the first place finishers got a prize.

Erik and his teammate...golden.

"RE: And the winner of this leg of the race..."
Posted by mindy23 on 07-31-11 at 11:25 AM
Receives: NOTHING!!! I keep expecting to hear Phil say 'a 6 night stay in Aruba for 2', but nope, nothing, nada, zip!

And the grand prize is, what? $100,000? Is that to split or is it for each person on the team? Anyone know?

I have to say, they are doing things that I haven't seen done anywhere else, except maybe Fear Factor, but it's still just not good enough for me. There needs to be MORE. I WANT MORE!

Posted by kpod on 07-31-11 at 01:24 PM
Then again TAR hadn't perfected bunching yet in those early seasons, so if you had an hour lead at a pit stop, that usually improved your chances on the next leg significantly.

mindy23: Grand prize is $150K split, plus an SUV apiece.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-14-16 at 11:13 AM
I miss KPOD!!!!

"Week 7"
Posted by cahaya on 08-05-11 at 01:11 AM
The Gypsies continue to dominate the competition, No Limits still limps into 2nd place in spite of Ike's serious ankle injury, and the California Girls show their spunk and wit by finishing 3rd!

The Football Players and Cops come in 4th and 5th, while the Fab 3 almost get themselves eliminated after having trouble solving a clue and manage to outrace the Country Boys to stay in the race.

We're now down to six teams, and a team of three gals and two teams with one gal are still in it. Us old folks, though, are long gone!

Recap here.

"RE: Week 7"
Posted by mindy23 on 08-08-11 at 11:38 AM
Those country boys sure showed they didn't have a lot of cells between the 3 of them, right from the start. Who takes a long break, 'just because' when you KNOW you're near the end of the pack??

They basically had given up, right from the beginning, but held on by a thread throughout. Whatever. I say, so long, good-bye, and may the best team win. Which, IMHO, will be the Gypsies or No Limits!

This show COULD be interesting, but most of the time, it's just not.

Posted by Max Headroom on 08-08-11 at 10:49 PM
It's not looking too good for No Limits these days. What a bummer.

Posted by realitycoholic on 08-09-11 at 10:54 AM
Maybe I missed something, but did they ever show the clue that the Fab3 went 2 miles to see? Did they turn around before they got there as they realized how steep the terrain was? I hate the editing on this show! There are so many inconsistencies...not that TAR doesn't have them as well, but this show, sheesh. And, the host needs to get over his one-person-clapping-committee when teams show up at the finish line.

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Posted by cahaya on 08-09-11 at 11:22 AM
Recall that the original clue board had only symbols. The clue board had the symbol and the word, in this case using the archery symbol and the word Archery with the A bolded. That should have been enough to tip them off (they saw the clue), but they failed to recognize even this clue until almost too late.

Yeah, I agree, the editing seems to hasten over the instructions and clues, although it is verbally given for each stage (and easy to forget, which is why I tape the show to do the live recaps and then do a few quick rewinds where things aren't clear).

Totally agree too about that one-man clapping committee. I snarked about this once before. After a grueling day, they're welcomed by some clown going atta-boy, hurry-up, clap-clap! At least Phil in TAR has the sense to stand there stoically, sometimes with a hint of a silly grin, as teams arrive.

"So how are the ratings?"
Posted by Max Headroom on 08-09-11 at 01:25 PM
Is anybody watching this show other than the handful of us posting here on RTVW?

"RE: So how are the ratings?"
Posted by Starshine on 08-09-11 at 02:14 PM
Overnight ratings for Thursday, August 4, 2011:

9:00 CBS Big Brother 2.7/8 7.27
ABC Expedition Impossible 1.4/4 4.78
NBC The Office (R) 1.0/3 2.41
FOX Glee (R) 0.8/2 2.86
CW Plain Jane (R) 0.3/1 0.79

9:30 NBC 30 Rock (R) 0.8/2 2.05

Not great, not too bad I suppose, it is interesting to see this much of Morocco. If there is another series I would suppose it would be in South America

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by cahaya on 08-09-11 at 02:29 PM
That's a pretty good draw, and I'm getting quite a few hit on the blog recaps of the episodes, so people are definitely watching the show and reading commentaries on it. I'm actually hoping there'll be a second season.

Posted by CTgirl on 08-09-11 at 02:49 PM
Does that mean that I should actually watch the show? I watched episode 2 (forgot to tape the first one) and the rest are on my DVR. Can't decide if I should watch them or erase them!!

Posted by cahaya on 08-09-11 at 03:48 PM
Whatever tickles your fancy! (And you have time to watch.)

I don't know if I'd go back and watch previous episodes, but I am kind of curious now that I have watched the show up to this point how the remaining six teams will finish.

It's not full of drama (an injury is probably the most serious drama there is, as it can knock a team out completely), but if I wanted trainwreck drama I'd be watching the catfights on Bachelor Pad.

For me, it's just a TAR-like show to tide me over 'til TAR for real starts next month.

Posted by Max Headroom on 08-10-11 at 08:12 AM
It's a fun diversion, nothing more. With the winner's prize being much smaller, the spirit is more cooperative and the teams all seem to like each other. There are no villain teams and nobody is getting a particularly bad edit, so if you're looking for drama, this isn't the show for you.

OTOH, the Moroccan scenery is pretty impressive!

Posted by CTgirl on 08-10-11 at 09:21 AM
Well the only show I stuck with all summer, White Collar, was over for the season last night so maybe I'll use this as filler until the fall season starts. I'll like seeing Morocco if nothing else!! Thanks guys.

Posted by michel on 08-16-11 at 05:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-11 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

I started watching again now that I saw my local ABC station carries a repeat over the weekend.

CTGirl, It's not bad but the big difference between it and TAR is the absence of interaction with locals both during the trek and the tasks. I think we agree that TAR truly becomes amazing when the players have to do tasks like the locals do or did in years gone by and you have on-lookers either joining in or laughing. Expedition sends the teams in the middle of nowhere to do puzzles and, like Treasure Hunters showed, teams of 3 don't work at all.

"Week 8"
Posted by cahaya on 08-12-11 at 02:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-11 AT 02:06 AM (EST)

The navigationally challenged California girls fall prey to the injury challenged No Limits team to fall into last place. Kudos to these gals for a fine season. It was a pity they had so much trouble with that last task, but I'm just as glad No Limits got a lease of life. As usual, the Gypsies dominate the competition.

I'm putting the Fab 3 on the bottom of my love list, with all of their bickering and conniving, and the Football Players next to last by even thinking of conspiring with them. I'm hoping Ike can heal up at least a bit before the next stage. He was in bad shape, never setting his bad foot on the ground at the end of the last stage.

Recap by yours truly found here.

"RE: Week 8"
Posted by udg on 08-15-11 at 01:15 AM
I caught the rerun tonight. I agree with your assessment of the Fab3. "We fight because we love each other?" Welcome to abuseville.

Ike is insane.

The cops continue to be non-entities in the editing. FB players only slightly less so. It's the Gypsies' game to lose, and I need slightly more from them in the editing to appreciate them winning at this point.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by Puffy on 08-15-11 at 02:06 AM
The show would be nothing without the "No Limits" team. How inspiring! They also have a facebook page.

Posted by Max Headroom on 08-15-11 at 08:49 AM
The only suspense of this show is whether anyone can dethrone the Gypsies. Ike's significant ankle injury probably eliminates No Limits as serious competition, and no other team has shown the consistency to challenge the Gypsies. The Cops are the least physically fit of the remaining teams and haven't sniffed the top half of the standings, the Football Players drop to last place every time there's a water-based challenge, and Fab 3 mixes momentary brilliance with ongoing mediocrity.

The good news is that I like the Gypsies and have no problems cheering their successes.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-19-11 at 03:13 PM
Finally got to watch last week's (Aug 11th) episode as I was still up north at the cottage when it aired.

First thing I noticed after the teams had to find an object in plain sight, was that they used vehicles to get to the souk market ... and the vehicles had Michigan license plates. In Morocco?

"Interview questions"
Posted by cahaya on 08-16-11 at 04:16 PM
Hey, y'all. I'll be interviewing one of the California Girls later this week, so if you have any questions that you would like for me ask, post them here by Thursday (8/18) afternoon!

"RE: Interview questions"
Posted by michel on 08-16-11 at 05:59 PM
Is interviewing code for something? If so, I hope you get the cute one.

My questions would be: Did you see anything in the edited version of the show that surprised you?

Can we expect a reunion at the end, a bit of interaction with all the teams once it's over?

Posted by cahaya on 08-16-11 at 09:44 PM
Just a conference call (with my editor), and it'll be with Natalie.

I'll squeeze in as many questions as I can, as there's no time limit on the call or word limit on the interview.

Posted by Max Headroom on 08-16-11 at 06:51 PM
How far behind No Limits were you at the end of the last leg?

How long did it take you to complete the chain and pole task?

Was the expedition as physically challenging as it appears on TV?

Posted by Starshine on 08-17-11 at 07:47 AM
Whilst the race was obviously physically tiring, were you surprised how mentally challenging it was?

Were you surprised how supportive teams were of each other?

If you knew then what you know now what would you have changed about your preparation for the race?

Did the experience feel more like a race or an expedition?

What is your favourite memory from your time in Morocco?

Posted by cahaya on 08-18-11 at 06:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-11 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

Thanks guys for your questions!

We got most of them answered and more. I mentioned your screen names with some of the questions ("from fans around the world"!), and we'll see if my editor includes those or not.

I should have a teaser up in a day or two and the full interview over the weekend.

Again, thanks muchly! Your questions helped me structure a good interview.

Oh, and we not only got Natalie, but also Christina and Brittany in the interview.

Posted by michel on 08-18-11 at 08:14 PM
A veritable orgy of contestants!

Posted by cahaya on 08-19-11 at 02:11 AM
Hah! We know where your mind's at.

"The California Girls interview is up!"
Posted by cahaya on 08-23-11 at 10:57 AM
You'll find the interview here.

I managed to include all your names with the questions you asked, so enjoy!

Let me know what you think of the interview. Thanks!

"RE: The California Girls interview is up!"
Posted by michel on 08-23-11 at 11:30 AM
Thank you for that interview. I liked the part where they mentioned the locals cheering them on when they were last. There should have been more village tasks and less desert trekking.

Posted by Max Headroom on 08-23-11 at 08:11 PM
Nice work. Thanks for posting the link.

Posted by Puffy on 08-23-11 at 08:49 PM

Great interview. I hope you'll be able to interview the remaining teams, too.

Posted by Starshine on 08-24-11 at 06:31 AM
Thanks, an interesting interview

Posted by emydi on 08-24-11 at 10:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-11 AT 10:56 AM (EST)

You are the Reality TV Guru...Great interview!

"Week 9 wowzers"
Posted by cahaya on 08-19-11 at 02:10 AM
Wow!

No Limits, with Ike in tow with a foot in a cast, win a foot race to the finish to earn 4th place and a spot in the 10th and final stage to be aired next week! They had every reason to give up, being in last place more times than I could count, yet "hobbling along, licking their wounds", they kept at it and succeeded. The odds of them winning it with Ike's foot in the condition it's in are very slim, indeed, but they have the honor of making it this far.

Meanwhile, the Cops had a day full of miscues everywhere they went and finished in last place by mere yards behind No Limits.

And, as usual, the Gypsies finished this 9th stage in first place and have to be the favorites to win.

Full recap here.

"RE: Week 9 wowzers"
Posted by Starshine on 08-19-11 at 04:43 PM
Was surprised they made it through last week, I'm just not sure if running the legs on a very dodgy foot is bloody stupid, or if it is brave as well.

"RE: Week 9 wowzers"
Posted by byoffer on 08-24-11 at 09:55 AM
I loved the comment from one of the football players a week or so back that he will point to No Limits when he wants to teach his kids about being tough and persevering.

Win or lose, those guys are winners.

"Results"
Posted by Puffy on 08-26-11 at 01:51 AM
1. Gypsies
2. No Limits
3. Fab 3
4. Football players

I've very happy with the results. Gypsies deserved it. Even No Limits was happy with second place. I wanted No Limits to win, so I'm glad they came in second instead of third.

The first leg favored No Limits because running/walking wasn't involved. And the football players were at a big disadvantage with the rowing and horseback riding. Loved how Jeff on No Limits knew how to take apart a Moroccan box.

"RE: Results"
Posted by cahaya on 08-26-11 at 03:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-11 AT 03:32 AM (EST)

Yeah, I'm happy with the results, too.

The Gypsies were clearly the favorites and very good sports. They nearly blew it, though, when they got lost and allowed No Limits to catch up within just a few minutes of them.

No Limits performed far beyond expectations and they were happy with their all-out effort to get second place. Their never-say-quit attitude almost won them the race. Had the Gypsies been lost for a few more minutes, they may have won the race.

It was amusing to see the Fab 3 play tag with the Gypsies who were lost, not knowing at first they were lost. Then somehow they end up outside the city walls far away from the narrow alleyways in the heart of the city.

The Football Players were out of their league once they were forced off their feet, either on a boat or on a horse.

Final recap here.

Meanwhile, No Limits finds their way past the remaining doors, climbs the steps, reaches the ladders to go down and… there’s the Gypsies coming back out to open their box! One of the No Limits guys says, “We can still win this thing!” although they’ve got a box they still have to find. The Fab 3 are… somewhere. We don’t know where. Apparently, neither do they.

Posted by michel on 08-26-11 at 09:58 PM
So much for suspense. I barely watched over the last half of the season but it seemed that, whenever I switched to the show, the Gypsies were in first place. Maybe the challenges lacked diversity. Even Courtney Yates won an immunity on Survivor but this show wanted to prove it was tough.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-27-11 at 12:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-11 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

Well, that's exactly it, the show proved that the two toughest teams were the Gypsies and the No Limits guys. That took a lot of guts for the No Limits team to do as well as they did, and what can we say about the Gypsies other than they're amazingly tough and resilient to do as consistently well as they did while maintaining a good attitude overall (other than the occasional cockiness showing through that we could do without).

There were plenty of turnover from 2nd to last throughout the race, but the one constant was that the Gypsies were always in first. I'd say the race had enough variety other than that.

Posted by michel on 08-27-11 at 09:52 PM
I'd say that 2nd place changed only because No Limits was limited by injury and the Football Players were horrible on water.

If there is going to be a second season, we will be able to eliminate all the teams with a majority of women. I was refering mostly to that variety. TAR had that problem with women's team but at least many couples won. EI is for tough guys and tough guys alone.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-28-11 at 08:23 AM
Oh I think if we found a team of women who work as mountain guides or run marathons as a weekend hobby, they might have a decent chance of going far in the race.

Posted by michel on 08-28-11 at 03:06 PM
Or they could cast guys like TAR's Dandrews but stunt casting isn't the solution.

Posted by udg on 08-29-11 at 03:02 PM
I was thinking Triathletes. Or Quadrathletes would be even better (Quadrathlons include a kayaking leg).

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by trigirl on 09-06-11 at 09:40 PM
Sign me up!

Posted by Max Headroom on 08-26-11 at 07:52 AM
Nice work by the Gypsies. They dominated throughout the expedition, so it was fitting that they won. And they seem like decent guys too.

Posted by Puffy on 08-26-11 at 01:07 PM
Definitely nice guys. On this last leg of the race, they even helped their pals, No Limits, telling them to go back to find the second clue with the map of doors on it.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 08-26-11 at 10:42 AM
I'm glad the Gypsies won as well.

Did the Gypsies also have boat problems? The other three did. I don't remember if they showed the Gypsies' boat issues or not. The boats were obviously sabotaged to make like a little more interesting.

Kudos to No Limits who managed to come in a close second even though they got lost.

Posted by Loree on 08-26-11 at 10:49 AM
A very satisfying conclusion to this race. I liked the gypsies and they deserved the win. And I was so happy that No Limits beat Fab 3. I really didn't like AJ so I didn't want them to win. The prize wasn't nearly as big as other shows like this. But it was just the first season. Will there be a second?

Posted by cahaya on 08-26-11 at 11:18 AM
They'll make an announcement on this later.

Lisa Hennessy, executive producer of Expedition Impossible says that hopefully there will be a Season 2, and they'll have applications on ABC.com, but those won't be up until they make an announcement for Season 2.

In short, it's going to depend on the network brass. I just finished reading a book (Desperate Networks by Bill Carter) about the process networks go through to green-light new RTV shows and schedule them (and cancel them!).

I think the ratings were good enough for ABC to warrant producing another series for broadcast next summer.

"Cahaya!"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-27-11 at 01:28 PM
Any chance you'd get to interview Erik of the No Limits team? I'd certainly want to be in on that kind of interview and to get a look into his perspective on doing this race...

"RE: Cahaya!"
Posted by cahaya on 08-28-11 at 01:25 AM
I've already put in interview requests with my editor, who's my official contact to the network folks, so we'll see. *crosses fingers*

Posted by greenmachine on 01-13-16 at 10:44 AM
I vaguely remember this show.

I

Posted by Agman2 on 01-25-16 at 06:03 PM
oh hell ya, bump

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:56 PM
bump!