URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 219
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Broken Rule?!"

Posted by Devlynne on 10-29-05 at 04:09 AM
I was recently reminded in another post about one of the Starting Over house rules being that you neither hurt yourself or another housemate. Thank you aeades23!

I remember that from last season, it is the premise they used to kick out both Tess and Karen... Isn't it odd that Christina's assignment today was to manipulate and hustle her fellow housemates. Isn't that a form of hurting them??

If she had come clean with them after the assignment maybe it wouldn't be as hurtful, but she just said "I'm not at liberty to discuss it!" If I were TJ or Lisa today with the money thing I'd feel hurt because I'd know I'd been played. I definitely would have known when she returned it, just by the way she acted and her saying she isn't at liberty to discuss it! The whole assignment seems hurtful to me... to all of the housemates and to the integrity of the house. But of course no one was physically harmed, so I guess it doesn’t apply. It just seems so counter productive to the warmth and cooperation the coaches say they want in the house. *Sigh*

Message in a Bottle: Desiderata ~ Max Ehrmann

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Broken Rule?!"
Posted by Redbud on 10-29-05 at 09:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-05 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

I missed the last 15 mins. Did Christina have to admit to the hustle? How did the HGs take it? Nevermind, I just read a very nicely detailed account in the other post. Thank you to whoever wrote it!

Posted by Labyrinth on 10-29-05 at 08:57 PM
It is a hard call. I have been in a class where the teacher had set up a drama deliberately to prove a point. It's very hard afterwards because it causes suspicion and distrust.

Since Christina did not gather her HG's and explain why she did what she did and ask for forgiveness (after all those other forgiveness letters you think she would have figured out the second stage of the plan), I think it will further disrupt how the HG's are not bonding.

I'm not angry with Christina doing what she did - it was an assignment - but the ending of it, was well, furthered the distrust that the assignment fostered. I hope that IV spends group trying to help everyone understand this assignment and voice their feelings about it to clear the air.

Posted by angelami1937 on 10-29-05 at 10:07 PM
I think the exercise showed how much she is capable of manipulation. If I were her housemate, my level of trust with her would be zero. Maybe that is why Iv had her do it. She still enjoys the hussle. And would someone please explain to me why she gets so mad when others call her a prostitute? She was one...