URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 218
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Special Guest Comics"

Posted by SilverStar on 09-21-04 at 10:15 AM
I saw a promo for tonight's show that said they will be having special guest comics Carrot Top and Louie Anderson. Great, just what we need-- more awful comics! Now, I admit, I thought Carrot Top was funny when I was younger, but I don't think I will find him funny now. And I've never actually seen Anderson, so who knows- he could be hilarious, but I don't see the point of this. Why can't they just give the comics on the show 30 more seconds to perform? Hell, I'd even take more Mohr (but then I think he's actually funny, unlike most people on here ). Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

Table of contents
  • RE: Special Guest Comics,grit, 10:33 AM, 09-21-04
    • RE: Special Guest Comics,SilverStar, 11:24 AM, 09-21-04
  • RE: Special Guest Comics,arkiegrl, 12:55 PM, 09-21-04
    • RE: Special Guest Comics,mochiba, 03:38 PM, 09-21-04
  • RE: Special Guest Comics,volsfan, 03:40 PM, 09-21-04
    • RE: Special Guest Comics,SilverStar, 11:23 PM, 09-21-04
    • RE: Special Guest Comics,LeftPinky, 10:32 AM, 09-22-04
  • What did you think?,SilverStar, 11:21 PM, 09-21-04
  • RE: Special Guest Comics,movieqn, 01:03 AM, 09-22-04
  • RE: Special Guest Comics,Loree, 11:14 AM, 09-22-04

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Special Guest Comics"
Posted by grit on 09-21-04 at 10:33 AM
Instead of giving air time to Carrot Top and Louie Anderson, they should give that extra time to the comics in the competition. They extra time could really help some of them.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by SilverStar on 09-21-04 at 11:24 AM
Exactly. I don't tune into this show to see Carrot Top and Louie Anderson, I watch it to see the comics competing for the money! Will we be able to vote for Carrot Top? I don't think so, so what's the point?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-21-04 at 12:55 PM
I don't know why, but I thought Louie was dead.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by mochiba on 09-21-04 at 03:38 PM
I think Louie was doing the Family Feud for a while. Guy is about as funny as cancer..he must be Jay's uncle or something...Carot Top..sheesh now we're really digging

Posted by volsfan on 09-21-04 at 03:40 PM
I know, I saw this lasnight! I have the summary of tonight's show and I could care less about Carrot Top...I have never liked him!

Louie Anderson can be funny at times but I think they should have used the extra time on the comics as well.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Posted by SilverStar on 09-21-04 at 11:23 PM
Well Doc, at least you'll have some new faces to trash and snark on!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by LeftPinky on 09-22-04 at 10:32 AM
Good luck with your summary - I hated doing last week's as this ship is sinking fast.

Thought Louie (who I usually find funny) and Carrot Top (who I saw live a couple of years back) were a waste of time. I want to see if these comics have any material that make us laugh. The 2.5 minutes isn't enough to let them warm up their audience and perform a great routine... I switched back and forth to BB5.
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

"What did you think?"
Posted by SilverStar on 09-21-04 at 11:21 PM
I missed Louie Anderson's performance (people should really know better than to call me on a Tuesday night, what with LCS and TAR!) but I did catch Carrot Top's performance and I thought it was pretty funny. How was Louie? I still don't get the whole point of this, but I am actually looking forward to next week with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. I used to be a huge Conan O'Brien fan and Triumph was always one of my favorite bits. His stuff is kinda dirty though, so who knows how much he can get away with.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
For me to poop on!!

Posted by movieqn on 09-22-04 at 01:03 AM
I just watched tonights show. I thought Louie Anderson was bad, and carrot top was actually pretty funny. I don't understand why we vote for them though. Can one of them go all the way. Can carrot top be the last comic standing? How frightening is that?

Posted by Loree on 09-22-04 at 11:14 AM
I think the ratings are dropping so fast this season that they are trying to get attention. Their comics are getting boring so they are bringing in new ones.