URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2176
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"America's Next Great Restaurant"

Posted by samboohoo on 03-07-11 at 12:22 PM
Two words: Saucy Balls!

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Five words."
Posted by Estee on 03-07-11 at 12:38 PM
"This week on Kitchen Nightmares..."

I'll just wait on MasterChef's second season.

The last time NBC premiered a watchable reality show was...?

"RE: Five words."
Posted by samboohoo on 03-07-11 at 04:06 PM
But it's got Curtis Stone.

"RE: Five words."
Posted by Estee on 03-07-11 at 08:43 PM
So? For twenty dollars and a bus ticket, I can have Curtis Stone. And I might be able to save the twenty bucks.

"RE: America's Next Great Restaurant"
Posted by Starshine on 03-07-11 at 04:37 PM
I can't knock him because he really seemed to believe in it, but huh?

At least the insane girl with the blow up tent had an interesting concept.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

If these were the 21 most interesting ideas pitched then I assume that the researcher who let a team that wanted to use waiters in is now looking for another opportunity

Posted by tjdmlhw on 03-08-11 at 10:46 AM
You do have to give Saucy Balls credit for being original, I can't think of a current restuarant that is based on meat balls. Most of the others were copies of things that have been done multiple times before.

As far as Estee's comparison to MasterChef, I would compare this show more to Shark Tank. Although they were required to prepare a sample of their proposed restuarants food, I don't think any of these people could be qualified as quality chefs (the macaroni and cheese cupcake lady could have been on Worst Cooks). This impresses me as being more about developing and running a restuarant.

"Week 2"
Posted by Starshine on 03-14-11 at 08:28 AM
So the lady who wants to set up a wrap restaurant goes, I was surprised when she said that nowhere offers a custom wrap service, my local Subway offers all of their sandwiches as wraps, so I would assume that this is chain wide.

I'm liking this show, although I'm not sure how many of these concepts will work as restaurants, and I'm surprised how many people don't seem to know what their concept is.

At the moment the possible winners seem to be the Indian snacks, The southern selection, the stir fry place, and the calorie counted meals. Although all of them need to up the food they provide. The rest seem more like novelties that would do well for a few months and then fold.

Lovely cheese Mooney

"RE: Week 2"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-14-11 at 10:39 AM
I think you could be right with the Indian restaurant, even though I wouldn't go near it. Having seen the Next Food Network Star and Arti Party, I agree.

I will like the grilled cheese guy and the saucy balls.

And Compleat.

Posted by weltek on 03-14-11 at 11:03 AM
The southern "small bites" concept is odd as a "fast food chain" concept. Seems "fussy." I like the food and theme idea if they'd just lose the "tapas" style concept.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Loree on 03-14-11 at 11:37 AM
I like the Grilled Cheese guy. And he also got the most silver coins. So his food must have tasted good too. I just like the idea.

"No one tells me about these things."
Posted by foonermints on 03-16-11 at 01:08 AM
Maybe I'm a "chicken and waffle" guy.

What? I just found the re-peat from Sunday. Sue me.

"Train wreck ensues"
Posted by weltek on 03-21-11 at 11:49 AM
Grill-billys. Love the better name, still think they are a massive train wreck. If they can't pull it together next week, axe them. Same with Compleat. Heck, a name like "Slim's" would be better. The Meltwork's guy had also better step up. Doesn't look good for him next week. He's making it too hard.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: Train wreck ensues"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-21-11 at 12:52 PM
Hard to believe I would miss a night with Curtis Stone on my TV, but I did. I saved him for tonight since there's no more Brad.

Posted by Tummy on 03-21-11 at 02:21 PM
since there's no more Brad.

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujahhallelujahhallelujah, Haaaalleeeeeluuuujahhhhh

The End

Posted by Starshine on 03-21-11 at 04:12 PM
I would love to try Grill-billys, but they really don't seem to know what they are providing.

I like the name "Compleat" if she pushed the perfectly balanced and only 750 KCals (or whatever) and it tastes damned good then I think we would have a winner, but like most food that is good for us her menu just seems dull, dull, dull.

Still think "The Tiffin Box" was a good name, but being a Brit I know what Tiffin is, adore the concept, just not sure how fast it could be though.

We did have a chain over here called "The Mongolian Barbecue" that seemed similar to Chao. All gone now!

Lovely cheese Mooney

Posted by weltek on 03-21-11 at 04:40 PM
We have chains just like your Mongolian BBQ, so I agree that it's not a "novel" idea. Ironically, Ciao to her!

And I agree that I liked "The Tiffin Box" name. I didn't know what it meant, but I found it clever and interesting.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Bursar on 03-22-11 at 01:36 PM
Chicken and waffles? This is not unique or original, just go to IHOP.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-23-11 at 03:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

Agree about Grill-billy's. I think they could even get away with BBQ because I've cooked pork butts on a grill before.

Agree about Compleat.

I have no interest whatsoever in anything from The Tiffin Box, but I am absolutely not an Indian food person. The name is kind of cool, but I would never go there.

We had a Mongolian place here as well. I don't know what happened to it, but it's been gone.

I still like the grilled cheese guy and Saucy Balls.

I could totally see myself eating at Soul Daddy's, especially for the sides. I just don't know if it's the next big thing.

I still like the name "Limbo," but I like the newer slogan.

How did they screw up the Chipotle task? I actually ate there last Friday. I still prefer Moe's to Chipotle, but it was better than I remember this time.

ETA: I know how they screwed up, it's was just a general WTF kind of question.

Posted by Starshine on 03-23-11 at 03:38 PM
Agree about Soul Daddies, I was actually thinking a Caribbean chain is past due over here.

Generally if I were to go for fast food it is as an indulgence, I might go to Compleat because I know what I would be getting, but Limbo? It just seems like two restaurants in one.

Molaholic told me to go to Chipotle for Mexican food, and I have to admit I totally screwed up the ordering! Apparently "I don't know, what does everyone else have?" isn't an appropriate order.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-24-11 at 09:30 AM
I was talking to someone very recently about what's available fast-food wise these days. When I was a teenager, there was no Starbucks, no Panera, no Chipotle, etc. McDonald's was the big deal.

My boss didn't eat at Chipotle for a while because of the ordering. I find Moe's to be much easier. I can order the Close Talker, and I know it's a salad. At Chipotle I have to say it by describing what I want - there's not a name for it.

Posted by AyaK on 03-24-11 at 04:29 PM
You know, I first tried Chipotle when McDonald's used to own it. I presumed that it would be better than most of the fast food upstarts, because McDonald's wouldn't buy something that would dilute their brand.

I was right.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-25-11 at 09:04 AM
I didn't realize McDonald's ever owned it. My husband said something about this, and I thought he was crazy.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-28-11 at 01:21 PM
The original Chipotle is about a mile away from where I live. It is a little, tiny place with no parking and very little seating in the University of Denver neighborhood. My son tells me car loads of college students (mostly men) will do a road trip to visit the original Chipotle. They must be disappointed, but within a few miles there are several new ones, with parking and seating.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 03-25-11 at 12:44 PM
That's interesting. I thought they were still owned by McDonald's, but apparently they are completely divested.

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=chipotlemcdonalds

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

"Episode 4"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-28-11 at 10:13 AM
First off, I don't like the Chipotle guy. I think I've had enough of him.

A little bit of a role reversal week: Grill Billy's, Spice Coast, and Compleat all safe and Meltworks and Saucy Balls in trouble. I don't remember the new name for Compleat. Amazing what a little listening can do.

I agree with the judges that the taco guy would be a better bar owner. I also agree that the grilled cheese guy is a panini guy, but I still like him. I would not have eaten the veal balls, but I still like him. I wonder if he survives next week. It looks like he spirals down even more.

I don't agree with Curtis about his critique of Saucy Balls. One could eat anywhere and risk having bad breath. How many times have I eaten Mexican at lunch and still tasted it in the afternoon.

"RE: Episode 4"
Posted by Starshine on 03-28-11 at 05:07 PM
For some reason I found this week a little dull.

Compleat I would have tried, fast Mediterranean? talk about a wishy washy concept.

Completely agree that Mr Taco's bar would be a cool place, his restaurant possibly not.

Curtis vs the bloke with the square face on how the Spice Coast should work, looks like we are going to get the judges providing the drama soon.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Posted by PagongRatEater on 03-30-11 at 05:29 PM
Agree. Compleat was a great concept, but she never conveyed it effectively in presentation, marketing or naming. Fixed calorie meals have great potential, fast fru-fru Mediterranean, not so much.

Sould Daddy's is starting to grow on me. THERE is an example of a concept being refined and improved over time.

Meltwork still sounds yummy, but he seems to married to his original vision to change anything. Personally, I would love to see that go in a direction where you pick your 1) bread, 2) cheese and 3) meat/additional items. The sauce thing is just one way to make it something you can't make at home. I would suggest high-end, unique ingredients are another.

Spice Coast is not my cup of tea, but it seems like a strong concept as well. I think that there is definitely a market opportunity there, even if I am not a potential target.

That's my top three at this point. Limbo is 'cool' but I don't see it having great legs.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

Posted by weltek on 03-31-11 at 01:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-11 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

Pretty much agree with everything you've said.

Soul food does not seem to be a hit in the midwest, unfortunately. We've seen a few good spots have little success here. But there could be pockets. I doubt Minneapolis would find it a huge hit (one of the opening three markets).

I'd go to Spice Coast, but not on a regular basis. I think they should go with a concept that people would easily return to weekly if not a few times per week.

The grilled cheese concept you describe is what they do at Chedd's: http://www.chedds.com/ So, that already exists, but can tv and star power launch a better brand? Likely. And could they add a few more interesting ingredients (fruit, proscuitto, etc.)? Yes.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Puffy on 03-29-11 at 02:00 AM
Compleat's new name is Harvest Sol...a much better name, in my opinion.

Posted by Loree on 03-29-11 at 02:39 PM
I was very distracted by Bobby Flay and the Chipolte guy's faces. What was up with the strange red splotches on their faces? Were they eating hot sauce and peppers and touching their faces?

The judges seem to be contradicting each other to the contestants. Now the contestants are confused and not sure what they want.

Glad Alex went home. And not sure why they want Meltworks guy to provide dipping sauces for the sandwiches. I can understand soup with grilled cheese. But I would never use dipping sauce for grilled cheese.

Posted by weltek on 03-31-11 at 11:08 AM
They probably both have rosacea. Spicy food and head (production lights and cooking!) can trigger it.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"Episode 5"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-04-11 at 02:36 PM
I'm only halfway through it.

Harvest Sol bores me.

Happy for Grill Billy's. I wondered how they would do pulled pork in three hours. Glad it worked out. Now I want to try a pulled pork with cherry cola.

I'm at the point where Bobby is eating the bacon waffles. Interesting concept. I'm not sure about the vanilla syrup. Vanilla and Bacon Waffles. Sounds "limbo-ish."

WTF is wrong with Joey? I still love him. He's such a happy guy.

"RE: Episode 5"
Posted by Estee on 04-04-11 at 04:20 PM
With the Race taking the week off, I finally tried this series out. I made it through twelve minutes. Most of the last two were spent remembering Marco.

NBC has a special touch with cooking-based shows. A touch that corrodes steel.

Posted by Starshine on 04-04-11 at 05:01 PM
In the next couple of weeks Joey and Sandy go.

Then we have possible concepts, I am loving Soul Daddies, GrillBillies and Spice Coast. However there seems to be a small aversion to Indian food, plus the arguments on how it should be served. Harvest Sol seemed like a good concept at first, but I cannot see any point in it now.

So final two Soul Daddies and GrillBillies, I would really enjoy trying either of them.

So Indian food has to be served as a sandwich, but the sandwiches have to be served with five dipping sauces, really easy to walk around with!

Posted by Loree on 04-04-11 at 06:46 PM
I didn't understand the walking around food either. They (Bobby Flay) were determined that Meltworks needed dipping sauces. But how is a person suppose to walk around eating with dipping sauces? Because you have to be able to walk and eat according to them.

I think it is interesting that Meltworks was voted the best by the public at the first comp. Then the judges started telling him how to fix things and he kept getting worse with the public. Who was confused and wrong?

Posted by samboohoo on 04-04-11 at 08:45 PM
Agree.

LOL. I'm going to call Grill Billy's the winner now.

Posted by susang on 04-05-11 at 04:29 PM
I would eat at Spice Coast if it were in my neighborhood. There is an Indian restaurant I like, but it is quite expensive.

"Episode 7"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-11-11 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-11 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

For the love of Cod, everything must go in a taco!

And Sandy goes home. I agree with the investors that she has had more than enough time. I wonder where she got this chef. I don't know that a third chef would have been the charm this time.

I too hated Joey's truck. Poor Joey. The editing sure is making him look really, really dumb.

LOL at the canned green beans and canned chick peas.

And Yay again to Grill Billy's! Their food looked really good.

ETA: I still don't know what to make of Chipoltle guy. It seems to me he's trying to fit in with the other 3.

"RE: Episode 7"
Posted by Starshine on 04-11-11 at 04:36 PM
I would have been really hacked off had I paid for at least half of what was on offer.

All of them seem to have assumed that if they were given 300 dollars they had to spend 300 dollars, this is a lesson that will be learned by those taking part in season 2

Grill'Billys - Van looked OK, the food looked and sounded really good - Still my tip to win

Spice Coast - Van looked bad imo, food sounded really good, and he had costed it - Definite top 3

Soul Daddies - I liked the van, the food (sans beans) sounded quite good - real contender

Harvest Sol - Van got the message across without being exciting, food seemed dull, uninspired and wasn't suited to being sold from a van - 5th, if the concept gets refined it could stay longer, but I cannot see that happening.

Brooklyn Meatball Company - Van was a right hodgepodge and didn't really work, food sounded sort of OK. - 4th enthusiasm will keep Joey in one more week, it would work as a concept, but it needs a better ideas man.

Saints and Sinners - Van was dull, food looked and sounded revolting - After all these weeks I am still not clear on the concept. The Chefs were an issue, however if there was a proper vision then maybe one of them would have climbed on board. - Thought she should have done before Mr Cheese Sandwich

Lovely cheese Mooney

"*Buzzer Sound*"
Posted by foonermints on 04-12-11 at 11:08 PM
»this is a lesson that will be learned by those taking part in season 2«

*cough* *chokie-chokie*

May as well have "The Finger" tag along.

"Episode 8"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-18-11 at 03:19 PM
So much for Grill Billies. Kabobs were such a terrible idea, but then again so were so many of their other ideas. It was still sad for me though to see them go. I really liked them.

I somewhat missed the concept of the toy they did, although the pita was kind of cute.

Joey Meatballs: I still like him. I'm glad he had a good week. He needed a good week.

Soul Daddy: I kind of liked the waffle sandwich - with the sausage. I don't know about the chicken & bacon. I mean I've had bacon on a chicken sandwich before, but I don't think it fits with a waffle. I thought the judges were a little hard on him with the health factor. I get it, yes. But I mean his concept is soul food. Fried chicken. Mac & cheese. Likely grits. I don't think you go to a place called Soul Food looking for super healthy.

Spice Coast: It didn't work. And IMO, it's not just kids that Indian food doesn't work for. Blech.

"RE: Episode 8"
Posted by foonermints on 04-19-11 at 04:46 PM
Honestly, Spice Coast sounded like a flop from the start. Blech Blech BLECH. (resists impulse to add more, bigger, bolder "blechs", quite possibly in red)

I still like "Saucy Balls", but then again, I'm in LA. Maybe it's just me.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Starshine on 04-20-11 at 01:31 PM
Nice to see my predictive skills are as good as ever! I think they lost because a) they lost their sauce when the trolley overturned, and b) because the only child that counted tm made some inane comments over their food

Being British I cannot understand people not eating Indian food, however I suspect that Americans feel the same about us not eating Mexican food.

Still think Harvest Sol is the next to go.

If Mattel (or whoever owns Connect 4) doesn't sue the programmes posterior off for ripping of their product I will be disappointed. FYI if you "smush" it down it isn't a meatball it's a burger.

Soul Daddy - Fair enough, just dull this week though.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 03:00 PM
No Mexican? *dies*

I could live for days on salsa!

"Episode 9"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-26-11 at 08:37 AM
And then there were three.

Harvest Sol: It was somewhat past time for her to go. She was a complete mess. Compleat! I liked the idea of her original concept. At least I think I did because now I'm not quite sure I've ever understood anything she's done. A complete meal with dessert for X amount of calories went to a Mediterranean concept with only fresh food - if it's available (and can be eaten as a sandwich or taco with dipping sauces). Whew. Yeah. I liked Stephanie, but I just don't know that this is her calling.

The episode in general. One thing that really disturbed me was the prep scenes. Did anyone else notice that they were prepping food, then the investors came in, shook their hands, etc., and they continued to prep food. I think at one point Stephanie was running her hands through her hair. I don't know about you, but when I'm in the kitchen prepping food, I try to make sure I'm not having to deal with bangs.

I think the investors are right about Sadir and Spice Coast. I think he is a starter, but I too wonder if he will have the follow-through. And I'm with Curtis on whether or not the concept is really that viable. Maybe I'm more against Steve, who continues to annoy me.

Joey: Nice guy, but such a dolt. I'm not sure what's going on with him. I question whether he can really pull it off.

Soul Daddy: I am now putting my eggs in his basket as the winner. I hope he deosn't make his food too extremely healthy. When I think Mac & Cheese, I think unhealthy. Any other way just ain't right.

I am looking forward to next week. The preview with all of their signs look really good - especially Spice Coast. I still don't want Spice Coast to win.

"RE: Episode 9"
Posted by Starshine on 04-28-11 at 05:09 AM
Late watching this week.

Harvest Sol: I agree completely, I thought the original concept was good, but she never really identified a concept once she went away from that, she has been a non winner for weeks. I don't think she was mature enough to start a restaurant, but really liked her.

Spice Coast: I adore Indian food (and of course it is the national cuisine of the UK), he seems to have lightened it up which should make it more appealing. Sadir showed good skills in training his peeps, and tbh I would have thought that a fair amount of his time if he won would be scouting and opening new restaurants so his follow through should suit him.

Joey: I wouldn't trust the guy to sell a Mae West to a drowning man, if there is anyone who would have problems with the follow through I would say it would be him.

Soul Daddy: I don't care about his background but his food looks and sounds really good, definitely the leader at the moment.

I would have liked to have seen some task showing their entire menu by now, I think that would definitely help us see how realistic the concept is.

Lovely cheese Mooney

"Finale"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-02-11 at 03:05 PM
Soul Daddy wins. I can't remember nwo if I thought this last week after his story of his dad. The editing at the beginning of the Finale made me think it was him.

I haven't watched it all yet, but here are my comments so far:

Logos: I love Brookly Meatball and Spice Coast. I thought there was so much improvement there, and I actually loved what they did with Spice Coast. I wasn't as wild about Soul Daddy with just the neon light.

Joy: I think when all was said and done, he would not have been a good man to run the deal. The recipes, yes. The service he could provide, yes. The actually running of the store, no. I do wonder if Curtis or Bobby will scoop him up somehow for something else.

Sudhir: Meh. Like I said, I had no interest at all.

Soul Daddy: Soul Food is fried chicken. I think that needed to be included on the menu - with the baked. While I get the concept of "new" home cooking and get the concept of making it healthier, it is not the responsibility of Soul Daddy to keep America healthy. People are not unhealthy and overweight because the restaurant serves that kind of food. People are unhealthy and overweight because they can't control themselves adn do not do enough to balance it out.

"RE: Finale"
Posted by Starshine on 05-02-11 at 06:03 PM
I liked the look of all three of the restaurants, although I have to say that I thought The Brooklyn Meatball Company looked the best.

Soul Daddy was miles ahead coming into this, but I felt the other two really let themselves down.

Sadhir suddenly deciding to do Chipotle with a few Indian spices made no sense to me at all.

Joey if people were waiting an hour for their meal when this is the one time everything needs to go right then what is going to happen if the restaurant opens for real?

I agree with you Boo, offer healthy foods, but it is up to the people coming into the restaurant what they order.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Posted by Tummy on 05-03-11 at 10:34 AM
I just knew I was going to open this thread and see Grillbillys as the winner. *grin

I've only seen bits of two episodes but wouldn't have picked Soul Daddy as the winner.

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Posted by weltek on 05-04-11 at 01:06 PM
I saw tidbits of the final three's "soft opening" and did not like the decor of Soul Daddy, but agree that it was the best run restaurant. I wonder if it will be changed for the real opening? Did they show that?

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by tjdmlhw on 05-04-11 at 03:38 PM
They showed the interior of the LA Restuarant and the decor was different than it was on the show.

I don't live anywhere close to any of the restuarants, but if anyone that is close eats at one, I would be curious to hear what you thought of it.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-04-11 at 04:28 PM
The interior looked much better. There was a cool type of wood used.

I glanced up at the menu and slow-mo'd it. I was surprised at how limited it was that I could see. There were maybe 6 cold sides and 2 hot. No fried chicken. No mac & cheese.

I was happy for Jamawn. He was the one that listened the most and took to heart what they said. I missed if there was anything behind the name "Bobby Biscuits." Was that a nod to Bobby Flay?

I've always had a Curtis Stone crush, but during this series I developed a Bobby Flay crush as well.

Posted by Starshine on 05-04-11 at 06:16 PM
Menu not that exciting

"Boooring!"
Posted by foonermints on 05-23-11 at 05:22 PM
Maybe the Cheese Grits?

Grit's always exciting. Probably can't single-handedly save a menu that sucky, though.

"meal" ? makes me think of worms..

"RE: Boooring!"
Posted by Starshine on 05-23-11 at 06:16 PM
I would say that Grit could save any menu, but... as you say this is a particularly sucky menu

"Soul Daddy has closed"
Posted by Puffy on 07-08-11 at 02:40 AM

The winner is a loser. All 3 locations have closed down. I guess the $3 million in investments couldn't save it. The restaurants barely had a chance.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2011/07/soul_daddy_why_it_failed.php

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/americas_next_great_restaurant/2011_Jun_30_soul_daddy_closes

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/taste/blogs/124736829.html

"RE: Soul Daddy has closed"
Posted by JessicaRN on 07-08-11 at 07:58 PM
Just curious - did anyone eat there or read a review of the place?

Posted by Estee on 07-08-11 at 08:23 PM
*applauds*

Another success story brought to you by NBC and Kara's imported philosophy: 'Unique and talented doesn't sell to enough of the country! Let's go with bland. People love bland. I got a job on multiple networks, right?'

Gosh, wonder what this means for Season #2.

"NBC's Next Great Failure"
Posted by samboohoo on 07-11-11 at 10:21 AM
Wow.

I think I said somewhere that healthy and soul food did not work together.

"RE: NBC's Next Great Failure"
Posted by JessicaRN on 07-11-11 at 03:20 PM
I just read the link posted above and it made me mad. The restaurants were opened for 8 weeks, which is hardly long enough to establish themselves. So this poor guy had to follow all of their suggestions, have menu and locations decided for him. Had all 4 judges (plus the network?) ramble on an on about how they were investing their own money. Make the guy believe that he actually won a wonderful thing. He was getting ready to relocate, and then, all 3 restaurants closed.

I think that stinks!

"RE: NBC's Next Great Failure"
Posted by foonermints on 07-11-11 at 04:05 PM
Evidently, so did the food.

Now that I hear the one in LA was stuck back in the hinterlands I'm glad I never wasted the time to sleuth it out. Not a major loss, but I wonder what ol' whathisface will do now?

He should have just got a check or something. Better to be one beer ahead, than three behind.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 11:34 AM
Wow