URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2175
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Celebrity Rehab Season #5"

Posted by Snidget on 03-04-11 at 08:14 AM
Next Celeb Rehabbers from TMZ

Michaele and Tareq Salahi
Dwight "Doc" Gooden
Bai Ling
Michael Lohan
Jeremy Jackson

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/02/new-celebrity-rehab-with-dr-drew-cast-doc-gooden-michael-lohan/

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Celebrity Rehab Season #5"
Posted by Estee on 03-04-11 at 11:39 AM
So -- this year's feature addiction is non-terminal DAWhood?

"Amy Fisher."
Posted by Estee on 03-04-11 at 02:31 PM
This may be the season which makes Dr. Drew reach for the pills.

"RE: Amy Fisher."
Posted by JessicaRN on 03-08-11 at 01:41 AM
What exactly is the Salahi's addiction? As I recall, he is a very controlling man and I thought Dr. Drew did not have couples on the same unit. I was hoping to never see those two again.

Posted by toad8098 on 03-08-11 at 01:45 PM
and I thought seaosn 4 were a bunch of Z-listers. are/were any of these people ever considered "celebrities"?

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-08-11 at 01:47 PM
Wasn't Jeremy Jackson on some other reality show, where he was cleaning up or changing his image or something like that?

"An all-consuming need for DAWdom doesn't count."
Posted by Estee on 03-09-11 at 02:24 PM
The Salahis have been shown the door. Face-first.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/salahi-leaves-celebrity-rehab-1022540.php

Given the number of people who need real help, I would have found their playacting offensive on any day --

-- and then Mike Starr died.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/rocker-mike-starr-dead-at-44-1022533.php

So now I just want her sued for fraud.

"RE: An all-consuming need for DAWdom doesn't count."
Posted by JessicaRN on 03-09-11 at 04:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-11 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

That's pretty bad, when you are so desperate for attention that you would volunteer for this show. I guess the winery isn't doing so well. Now perhaps an eating disorder clinic would suit her more, but so far, there are no cameras there, so that won't happen.
Any word if the Housewives of DC will be back? I thought there were some interesting, intelligent women, but that whole season was high-jacked by the Sahali's.

Sad to hear about Mike Starr, but I always got the feeling that he had suffered some brain damage from his addictions (& stroke?), and was really not going to get it, especially in a 3 week program. I think he went to that joke of a sober house also. All I remember is him pacing like a caged animal.

"RE: An all-consuming need for DAWdom doesn't count."
Posted by Snidget on 03-09-11 at 07:37 PM
Famewhore is not an addiction?

Good to know.

RIP Mike Starr...even as damaged as I remember him on the show I did like him and wish things had ended differently for him.

"Anyone know when this season starts??"
Posted by mindy23 on 03-30-11 at 10:11 AM
I have to be missing something-I've searched everything I can think of, but have yet to find a date for CR 5.

Anyone know the date yet??

"RE: Anyone know when this season starts??"
Posted by Snidget on 03-30-11 at 10:44 AM
No date, yet. We usually get the cast when they start shooting the show, so it is usually several months between the time we know the cast and the time they have it ready to broadcast.

"RE: Anyone know when this season starts??"
Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-11 at 06:52 PM
Now the Salahis are out of a job also. I'm glad, although I think the other women in DC, who actually seemed smart and professional, never really got a chance to be known. Their whole season was built around the Salahi's, with the culmination at the White House. Andy Cohen got it wrong this time.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 06-14-11 at 10:03 AM
Sugar from Survivor???? What is her addiction? Surprises me, but also does not surprise me.

"RE: Premieres on June 26th"
Posted by mindy23 on 06-20-11 at 09:38 AM
So there....

Posted by mindy23 on 07-02-11 at 12:13 PM
Anyone watch the first episode??

I caught it last night. Except for Amy Fisher, I have NO idea who the rest of these people are. Well, of course, Lindsey Lohan's father, by defalt, would be considered 'something'. Besides the fact that he is a 'friend' of Dr. Drew, so we'll see if he gets any special treatment...

Of course, we all know Sugar from Survivor. The only addiction I could see, on her 2nd time around, was that of the attention hoe/sex-fanatic. Got her booted off big time, thank you very much, Colby. Mamma did NOT like that!

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-06-11 at 04:02 PM
Can't help but think that instead of Amy Fisher, we'll be watching Casey Anthony on this show, in a few years. Amy's pretty angry about not being allowed to go on with her life.

Sean Young has that same deer in the headlights look that she has had in all of her other reality show appearances.

Bai Ling seems very fragile and it seems like she needs to be in a different environment, or at least one where they don't leave ladders propped up by the roof. That's got to be some kind of OSHA violation.

Posted by mrc on 07-11-11 at 12:17 PM
Adler always seems to target one female and hammers until they break. Wonder what he's like outside of rehab.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-18-11 at 11:49 PM
Just watched an episode of this and I am shocked at how far Dr. Drew allows his patients to go in abusing another patient, especially when the abuser has a history of this kind of behavior. (although, not sure that Michael Lohan should be allowed to take the fatherly role either.)

Posted by mindy23 on 07-31-11 at 11:26 AM
>Just watched an episode of this
>and I am shocked at
>how far Dr. Drew allows
>his patients to go in
>abusing another patient, especially when
>the abuser has a history
>of this kind of behavior.
>(although, not sure that Michael
>Lohan should be allowed to
>take the fatherly role either.)
>

It has to be for drama's sake. As in, leave a ladder up for Bi Ling to crawl to the top of the roof and try to kill herself?? STUPID!!!

Posted by mindy23 on 08-08-11 at 11:40 AM
>Just watched an episode of this
>and I am shocked at
>how far Dr. Drew allows
>his patients to go in
>abusing another patient, especially when
>the abuser has a history
>of this kind of behavior.
>(although, not sure that Michael
>Lohan should be allowed to
>take the fatherly role either.)
>
Dr. Drew is a personal friend of Mike Lohan's, which is NEVER good for a professional. And, I've noticed that he allows this guy to get away with WAY more than anyone should. In doing that, he cannot justify being any more hard core on anyone else, ie Steven, when he can't keep Mike under control! It's really stinky!!!

"Finale"
Posted by mrc on 08-25-11 at 09:19 AM
If I had to select the celebs who I think will do best outside of rehab, I would pick Doc Gooden and . . . no one else.

A Slice of Manga

"RE: Finale"
Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 11:43 AM
I hope that series is final.