URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2169
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sean wins :( boo hoo in my books Lee is the real winner!!!"

Posted by Casandra on 06-06-06 at 00:22 AM
I can't believe they picked Sean that pompous Ken/Barbie doll eck. Well Donald, you get what you hire...another peacock for the set.

Lenny really let Lee down because he is not an ##### kisser to celebs oh boo hoo Jamie Presley can't figure out you stand on the red carpet in the middle of the ice? lol Dennis Leary you did an awesome event and Lee really pulled it off for you.

Alas though Sean wins boo hoo , but I think Lee really is the winner anyone that could please that Lys Dragaon lady from the firefighters fund raisers should get a medal.

Lee you made the best point in the final show saying you might only be 22 but you are already where that pompous Brit is at 33... too funny...loved it. So true by 33 this young man (Lee)is going to outshine them all...and not have to spell lap dog like the rest of them. eh Bill eh Sean eh Carolyn grump monster

Oh well, Lee ...Canada picked you! Come north where they don't set the measure of the man by the amount of hairspray he uses and a need to kiss every woman he meets with a smarmy smile... Anyone got some mace or a stake?

Wonderful board loved reading all your opinions fellow apprentice fans. Stay Happy!!

Love Casandra

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"P S Who is Jamie Presley anyway?"
Posted by Casandra on 06-06-06 at 01:34 AM
Lee handled a dragon lady and 30 celebrities...sure Lenny didn't hold their hand they were all pros and handled themselves so beautifully!! Applause to them. Everyone played their part but this Jamie Presley chick. She didn't even know hockey, she was lifeless as a stump, and wanted to be led around like a dog ...no excitement at all in her. She didn't even try to generate more excitement in the bidding. I don't know her but Dennis Leary...next time get someone with some flair.

Lee you should never have handed Sean the Barenaked Ladies Venue...omg Sean wanted to put them in panda bear suits he should thank that man from Pontiac, he saved his butt on this one, nixing all his stupid ideas. LOL Andrea had a nose bleed and I felt sorry for her last week... she didn't even put up a Pontiac banner... Seriously, what did they do? Barenaked ladies sold their stuff to an obvious wealthy crowd for a lot of money and they were so good at it they got a real good price unlike miss presley and her stump performance...and Sean did what??? sprayed his hair??? kissed people??? Geesh and thats the winner.

Okay you already know I wanted Lee to win...again great message board thoroughly enjoyed you all.

Love Casandra

"RE: P S Who is Jamie Presley anyway?"
Posted by reealiteefan on 06-06-06 at 12:34 PM
Jamie Pressly looks like another "Baywatch" piece of eye candy that was there as an after-thought.

Posted by ginger on 06-06-06 at 02:26 PM
She's actually a star on "My Name is Earl" and is quite funny on that show.

Posted by slickeronstate on 06-07-06 at 03:21 AM
What did Sean mean by his comment - you couldn't have met 2 more different guys - Lee is a Jew and I am half-Arab. He may be half-Arab but he's also a Jew. Odd...

"RE: Sean wins :( boo hoo in my books Lee is the real winner!!!"
Posted by CattyChat on 06-06-06 at 07:41 AM
Well, I was bummed that Sean won, too as I was rooting for the OBVIOUS underdog. Poor Lee really got the hatchet job on his edit. I was happy to see "dragon lady" actually give him props at the end and I actually think that spoke volumes, because she was one tough cookie.

Sean was a nice enough guy, though I still say he turned into a total caricature "stereotype" of his British self -- then, to top it off he takes off in his new car with a "Yeah, Baby!" That was just the icing on the cake for me.

Sean most definitely had the easier of the two tasks and it's a shame Lee's good nature made him let Sean have the Bare Naked Ladies event. That event was pretty much set in stone and Sean and his team just had to follow through and not mess it up. Lee, on the other hand, had to do everything from start to finish while getting harassed and taunted by dragon lady. Only two days to come up with every little detail with no "helpful" input from dragon and write a minute-by-minute script? Oy!

Lenny, as usual, cracked me UP. Yeah, he obviously wasn't well-received by dragon lady and her minions, but his sarcastic wit is really hilarious. Lighten up, people. I died when he told Pepi to quit smoking that Cuban crack.

Anyway, it was obvious that poor Lee had an uphill battle all the way -- not even given sizes for the players' uniforms. Seriously, if Dragon Lady has done this all these years, she could have at least helped a little by offering up info from past events. So, who was in charge of this event in the months and days prior to the LAST 2 days that Lee took over? Total set up.

Again, since I don't dislike Sean only felt that he was way over the top with his mooning over Tammy and his "grooming" and overly-animated "confessionals," I'm not hating that he won. I do think Lee deserved to win more. Lee stepped up as PM "a record" 4 times, while Sean only stepped up twice and very late in the game, not having to manage very many people at all. Lee deserved serious credit for that. Also, Lee was extremely proactive with his team even when he wasn't PM and worked his tail off. Sean, on the other hand, spent most of his days in the Alli & Roxanne sandwich, flirting and speaking when told to, so he could lure people in with his British accent. His one presentation he did on his own for the cereal, he failed miserably. Basically, Sean chased the girls until he settled and fell in love with Tammy and began dreaming of the many, many babies he wants her to pump out.

Taking the 15 week interview as a whole, I think Lee should have won. I thought Lee made a good argument in where he is at such a young age and, again, he really does epitomize the meaning of "apprentice." BUT, I will add that it's obvious that Lee has a lot more character, religious and other values that actually make him much too good to work for the likes of Trump. Lee will be better off working for & with somebody with moral ethics like himself, so he will not be surrounded with Trump and his UNethical and borderline illegal business ethics.

Lee & Lenny should go into business together. Lee can be the front man, "politician" and deal with the normal people and Lenny can take care of the dirty work that needs to be done here on the East Coast -- kickbacks, bribes and strongarming. Together, then can prove Trump wrong.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by LakerLuv on 06-06-06 at 11:12 AM
I am disappointed that Sean won. His worship of Tammy was a turn off to me by the last few episodes. Obviously he's able to focus but let's hope he isn't smitten with another Trump employee when he starts the actual job.

I really wanted Lee to win because I think he faced (and dealt with accordingly) the most obstacles. The fact that he didn't shove the dragon lady and her partner (or that other woman from the charity) into the ice face first should have scored him 20 extra points! I understand that corporate types and leaders of organizations can be demanding, but they were out of control, considering they were getting free labor and a ton of free publicity.

I think Lee embodies what a true apprentice is. He's young, energetic, eager, smart and ready to learn. Sean is already established and has tons of experience. I really wanted Lee to win.

Posted by geg6 on 06-06-06 at 12:07 PM
The fact that
>he didn't shove the dragon
>lady and her partner (or
>that other woman from the
>charity) into the ice face
>first should have scored him
>20 extra points!

Sorry, but I thought they cut him more slack than I would have.

I understand
>that corporate types and leaders
>of organizations can be demanding,
>but they were out of
>control, considering they were getting
>free labor and a ton
>of free publicity.

I'm sorry, but this statement is just ridiculous. Lee was the one who had no control. The Leary Foundation people had an event scheduled that they had no operational control over because that was Lee's job and had to be sure that it would raise the money their charity needed and keep the celebrities, who give their time and image for free, happy. The most obvious aspects of planning and execution had to be pointed out to Lee. And the incompetence of the person Lee gave the most responsibility to (Lenny) was glaringly apparent. Lee was going to be involved in their event once. They had to make sure that their charity would keep the reputation they had already established and assure funding and volunteers forever. Lee gave them plenty of reason to be worried about that and I think they were as tough on him as they could be without outright pulling out of it altogether.

>I think Lee embodies what a
>true apprentice is. He's young,
>energetic, eager, smart and ready
>to learn. Sean is already
>established and has tons of
>experience. I really wanted Lee
>to win.

If you look back at the whole history of the show, you will see that none of the past winners were as completely inexperienced as Lee. Trump isn't and never was looking for someone who would have to be taught every single aspect of business. He was and is looking for someone who is ready to move to a higher level of experience and who has already shown some business success. Lee doesn't fit that bill yet. Sean most obviously did.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 06-06-06 at 11:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-06 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

Couple things about your comments Cassandra, first off Lee put Lenny in charge of kissing celebrity ego. That assignment showed a lack of understanding his teams strengths and weaknesses. Of the People on his team Roxanne was best suited for that task. Seems like although Lee said he took people he trusted...he really only trusted Lenny because Roxanne and Pepi were giving only minor tasks.

The team Lee picked lacked the depth that Sean's team had. There were no creative types. Roxanne was best at sales. Lenny was obvisiously not creative and a lousy people person. Pepi might of had some strengths, however none of them were presented. Sean on the other hand picked not only people he could trust (really trust...not like Lee), but people with many different types of abilities. Sean was able to set his people lose and do stuff with out him around.

And as far as Lee saying at 22 he is where Sean is at 33. That is not even close to true. Maybe Lee has made as much money, but Lee is no where near as business polished as Sean. It was obvisious on the final task. His inexperience resulted in poor business decisions.

Lee has much to learn to be where Sean is. Over time I don't doubt Lee could be a better businessman that Sean, but at this time Sean was obvisiously a better businessman than Lee.

This was the most obvisious finale ever. Wasn't even close. And I went into the final task wanting Lee to win.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 06-06-06 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-06 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Lee saying that at 22 he's at the same place where Sean is at 33 is like some 22-year-old software developer somehow ending up in the same hot dog ballpark line as Bill Gates and claiming he's therefore Gates' equal.

I understand Lee had to promote himself at that point in the competition, but claiming the fact that he and Sean were the two finalists somehow meant that they were equally qualified and actual previous work experience is meaningless was a pretty insulting and disrespectful dismissal of the value of having a decade of actual business experience. For all the talk of Lee's values, Sean seemed to be the one taking the high road during their final boardroom arguments.

Posted by geg6 on 06-06-06 at 01:02 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, Webby.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

"AGREE..."
Posted by singer on 06-06-06 at 02:44 PM
totally with you Geg6 and with SB. Excellent points.

I think that the politician in Lee will cause him to say anything to win. I definitely question his moral barometer, because he does scheme, and in ways that are ineffective and not always necessary. An example of the "scheming" impulse would be making a nonsensical statement comparing his experience with Lubber Lip's(Sean) experience. And when The Donald called him a politician last night, Lee said, "yes, but you like that." Yeah, right. I think that the fact of The Donald's observation does not mean that The Donald likes the fact that he is observing...

Anyway, Lee was completely out of his element. He did not really deserve to make it to the finals. The people on Sean's team could have been excellent finalists. I also include Roxanne in that category. I also think that Bryce was an excellent candidate.

Until Burnett and Trump let the best people make it to the finals, there will always be sleep-inducing finales akin to the one that we saw last night.

--Singer

Posted by lindan on 06-06-06 at 12:19 PM
>This was the most obvisious finale
>ever. Wasn't even close.
Slight correction. The most obvious Finale ever is Kendra vs Tana.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 06-06-06 at 01:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-06 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

I agree with all the comments made by WackoJacko and others regarding Lee's lackluster performance. He made a terrible mistake by putting Lenny in charge of the celebrities. The man has poor communication skills and poor people skills.

I don't agree that Lee's event was more difficult than Sean's. I think Lee made it more difficult for himself due to his lack of experience and organization. Lee's event was completelly unimpressive. It was so pathetic to see Lee trying to get people to bid for the cars. Those cars should have been able to sell themselves.

Sean's event was much more memorable. I thought it was very impressive to have Trump drive the car onto the stage. But I do have to admit that dressing up the lead singer of the band as a panda was a ludicrous idea. But, overall Sean executed his event better than Lee. Sean deserved to win.

Posted by iltarion on 06-07-06 at 03:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-06 AT 03:57 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-07-06 AT 03:55 AM (EST)

Geg6 and SurvivorBlows are right on the money once again. I'm guessing that Casandra is Lee's 13 year old sister, and that the normally sensible CattyChat is jealous that Sean is now taken. Lee is 22 YEARS OLD! He has accomplished NOTHING in life other than graduating from college. He saying he is Sean's equal is completely delusional, and he saying that experience doesn't mean anything shows the level of naivette that he has. Saying Lee was stronger than Sean during the team tasks completely forgets about 3 MAJOR facts:
1) Lee didn't even participate during 2 tasks!
2) Sean's team dominated Lee's. And,
3) Lee didn't EVEN PARTICIPATE DURING 2 TASKS!

No, I disagree, Linden, this WAS the most obvious butt-whooping during a final task. Lee managed to pull the task off, but so did Tana. Tana's only problem was that she treated her workers like slaves, and she misplaced the American flag. I have no doubt that Lenny would have misplaced ALL the flags, if flags were involved. Tana was given a very difficult team to work with. Lee HAND-PICKED his terrible team! Lenny should NEVER have been involved in a final task. And he CERTAINLY should not have been chosen to "handle" celebrities. I mean, let's pick the guy with the worst English and the most abrasive personality of the entire 16 candidates to accomodate our celebrities. I agree that some of the event planners gave Lee a hard time, but that is going to happen when YOU ARE 22 YEARS OLD! If you are 40-something and have run the event for years, how much confidence are you going to have in some kid fresh out of college? Are you going to be concerned that maybe this kid won't take the event seriously enough? I think so. Fair or not, it's natural. Such are the pitfalls of being young.
Sean was always the better candidate and the final task just made that glaringly apparent. All anyone can criticize of Sean, besides some presentation in a task 8 shows ago, is about his effusiveness in his feelings for Tammy. Except, the guy REALLY does love the woman! He is now engaged to her. He MEANT what he was saying. Don't jump to conclusions just because he went on about her having his babies. That was obviously just his over-the-top way of expressing his love.
I also disagree with Singer that Sean did not deserve to be a finalist. I think Sean was ALWAYS the best candidate on the show. He is obviously a natural leader, as Carolyn observed. I believe that Sean and Bryce would have been the IDEAL final 2.
Oh, and if you don't know who Jamie Pressley is, COME ON, watch something besides reality TV sometime.

"Correction"
Posted by singer on 06-07-06 at 07:19 AM
My comment:

"Anyway, Lee was completely out of his element. He did not really deserve to make it to the finals. The people on Sean's team could have been excellent finalists. I also include Roxanne in that category. I also think that Bryce was an excellent candidate."

I highlighted a universe of qualified contestants who would have been excellent finalists. Lee is not in that universe.

Also, my process did not exclude Sean from that universe.

--Singer