URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 215
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Disappointed"

Posted by boateng on 05-30-03 at 02:13 PM
I have really liked all previous versions of TAR. The show last nite, though, was probably the least exciting episode I can remember. One of the very best parts of past shows has been a sense of unpredicatability and adventure - teams had to struggle to find their own planes to get to a destination and had to drive themselves in foreign countries and solve puzzles,etc. That made for exciting television and gave some advantage to teams that were resourceful and intelligent. There was none of that at all last nite - three assigned planes to choose from; three random charter buses to take. Since everyone took the same detour, the only part of the show that allowed teams to separate themselves was the run down the mountain - easy for the young, difficult for the old. No need for smarts or strategy. I hope upcoming shows aren't like this. I see the need for occasional bunching but too much of it makes for a boring show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Disappointed"
Posted by zahadumguy on 05-30-03 at 02:22 PM
That's how all the shows have started out. You have to choose from 1 of 3 planes and when you get to your destination, sign up for 1 of 3 buses (although in TOAR (The Original AR), it was sign up for 1 of 3 charter flights.

Don't worry, they'll be plenty of stuff to bash later.

"RE: Disappointed"
Posted by managerr on 05-30-03 at 02:52 PM
There was a lot more "thinking" in this first leg than there have been in other first legs. Teams were only told the planes left at the same departure time--and we saw Cindy and Russel not ask when the plane arrived and ended up on the 2nd flight, even though they were first at the airport. Ditto with the shuttle, we saw Kelly and Jon make the mistake and grab the 4:00 tickets too early. But Millie and Chuck/Amanda Chris were smart enough to not go for the 4:00. As far as first legs go, this one one of the better ones though. But it could also be the massive TAR withdrawal.