URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2147
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Colony-Season 2"

Posted by weltek on 08-31-10 at 04:51 PM
Anyone else watching? I loved it the first season. I have yet to put my finger on my lukewarm feelings about this season. We haven't seen a ton of innovation yet, and I'm not finding the players that personally interesting, so maybe it's the casting?

The virus thing seems to be a dead end at this point. Not sure how real that threat will seem in the duration of the show?

-A Tribetastic Creation

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Colony-Season 2"
Posted by Tummy on 09-01-10 at 09:58 AM
Another show I've never heard of. What station is it on?

Posted by weltek on 09-01-10 at 12:43 PM
Tuesday nights on Discovery.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by udg on 09-02-10 at 01:35 AM
I told Tivo to record it, but so far, I've only watched 1 or 2 episodes. Yeah, I'm not even sure if it's one or two.

I don't know. I think it's the fact that there's really no hope for these people. They're going to subsist until the end of the season (occasionally being attacked or harassed by actors at the whim of the producers), and then they'll faux "rescue" themselves in the last 10 minutes of the finale. I've seen that before.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Puffy on 09-06-10 at 02:17 AM
I've been watching it, on the recommendation of someone here in RTVW. It sort of scares me. I don't know why I watch it; probably to see how it ends. I don't like it very much.

Courtesy of the Cap'n

Posted by FlowerChild on 09-29-10 at 09:40 AM
WORST ending to EVER.

How disappointing. I really wanted to see them at least get into that house on the Bayou. Instead they are greeted by an entire group of marauders waiting for them? And THAT is how they left it? What the heck?

And VOPA shows up in fancy SUV's with room for only two people – c’mon – they could’ve put at least four people in the back cargo area? That was really lame. And were they try to imply that those VOPA people were not who they said they were? You could hear a woman screaming (presumably Sian) as the SUV's drove away......yet it wasn’t a scream that the others could hear apparently.

I really enjoy watching that show, but what a horrible horrible ending.

Sally was by far my favorite person on that show. She is awesome.

Posted by mrc on 10-02-10 at 12:32 PM
Agree. I didn't even realize it was the season finale.

Posted by jase on 10-07-10 at 02:11 AM
I agree, it was a very weird ending. It would be nice if they had a "Life After: The Colony" reunion show to get better insights on the colonists and their experience from being part of an experiment like this.

Nevertheless, I can't wait for Season 3 next summer.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 04:27 PM
That was an awful way to end the season!

Posted by Starshine on 10-07-10 at 11:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-10 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

Thought the first series was very good, really showed how (very highly skilled) groups of people could survive in a wierd situation.

Didn't care for series 2 as much certainly. Will give series 3 a try, but they need to hook me in fast.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Still waiting for Queen Bees 2

That made no sense in English - added groups of people

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:38 PM
Did Queen Bees 2 ever get made?