URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2144
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Great Food Truck Race"

Posted by vince3 on 08-07-10 at 01:16 PM
Food Network's second foray into TAR territory involves seven teams of food trucks on a cross country tour from Los Angeles/San Diego to New York City, with teams being eliminated in each episode by their sales totals per episode, it seems. The winning team/truck will win $50k. Also, each team will get stipends going into each city to purchase their stock: they will start the race with empty trucks before they get their first stipend.

Each episode has a Truck Stop Challenge which can alter teams' plans for each city that they're stopping in... and there can be ways to get immunity from elimination, if a secret judge deems their challenge dish the best...

The teams: http://tinyurl.com/27q7gf9

Their trucks: http://tinyurl.com/26c5wrm

Episode guide: http://tinyurl.com/26nv6lh

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Great Food Truck Race"
Posted by djandy on 08-07-10 at 04:07 PM
Looks interesting. Chefs vs. City has been good for a laugh, so I'll give it a try.

"So I guess"
Posted by Molaholic on 08-17-10 at 00:29 AM
the title "Roach Coach Relay" didn't cut the mustard...

"RE: So I guess"
Posted by jbug on 08-17-10 at 09:01 AM
*snort*

I'm country & proud of it! Thanks Agman 2010

"RE: So I guess"
Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 11:06 AM
good one

"Anyone watch?"
Posted by weltek on 08-17-10 at 03:06 PM
I almost watched, but was all Food Networked out, and peeved an Aarti Parti will be coming soon to my tv.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: Anyone watch?"
Posted by JessicaRN on 08-17-10 at 06:12 PM
I tried to watch it 3 different times and finally just deleted it. I might try again, but perhaps I also am Food Networked out, because I just didn't care about what was going on. It's not really about cooking, like Top Chef, and it certainly is not like the Amazing Race.

Plus, I've never eaten at a food truck. Not opposed to it, just never done it, so I can't really relate in that way either.

"RE: Anyone watch?"
Posted by weltek on 08-18-10 at 10:46 AM
Even given the fact that Tyler is my Food Network boyfriend, I couldn't make myself excited about it.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by tjdmlhw on 08-18-10 at 11:14 AM
Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed it.

I don't know how to classify it, it definitely isn't like Amazing Race. I like the fact that you either produce or you are going home. No politics involved, you make a mistake and it could be your last. Nana Queens made the mistake of not filling their propane tank and that was enough to knock them out.

Even if this catches on and is a hit, I don't know how many seasons they could do. I don't think there are that many specialty food trucks out there.

I'll continue to watch and hope that others do to. I enjoy reading what everyone else is thinking.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-19-10 at 10:00 AM
Agree. I liked it too. I thought it was all very interesting. I didn't love any one team, I didn't dislike any one team.

Nana Queens made a huge mistake.

I was actually surprised at the low amounts of money they all made. For some reason I expected much more.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Puffy on 08-29-10 at 05:59 PM
It was fun and I recommend it. I got into liking all the teams. They do require a few smarts here and there in order to last.

Courtesy of the Cap'n

Posted by Estee on 08-30-10 at 05:00 PM
And now the Nom-Noms head into a part of the country where part of the local population may decide the best thing to do with their truck is declare war on it. After all, if the truck is defeated, then the victory is truly America's!

That may do interesting things to their hubris level.

"Finally tuned in"
Posted by weltek on 08-31-10 at 04:48 PM
I think this falls on the "if nothing else is on/dvr for weekend mornings" level for me. It's fun to see the groups conceptualize their food and it's an interesting judging methodology. *shrug* Not bad.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: Finally tuned in"
Posted by Estee on 08-31-10 at 05:34 PM
So far, the most fun for me has been watching the flow of Spencer subtitles. I keep waiting for one of their chefs to declare that no, he's Barry White in August.

The competition element has been -- repetitive.