URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2143
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why did Synergy lose?"

Posted by singer on 05-16-06 at 03:37 PM
Is it fair for Tammy to claim that sabotage and disloyalty caused the loss? Or did the team lose because Tammy wanted the project to be all about her?

--Singer

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why did Synergy lose?"
Posted by singer on 05-16-06 at 03:47 PM
It seems really weak to blame the outcome on poor signage by Roxanne or on Allie's tendency to "roll her eyes" when Tammy was speaking. It's also hard to prove that either team member actively worked to make the project fail.

It is clear that the Tammy "display" looked more like a lounge than a display designed to get people to buy the hi-tech products. The concept and execution were weak, and there was no pricing on products. That, coupled with an unappealing black background, made the entire presentation boring.

Tammy's defence sounded like whining to me. The Donald should have fired her.

Thoughts? Comments?

--Singer

Posted by Mish on 05-16-06 at 03:52 PM
Roxanne is hanging on to Allie like a sorority sister.

If Allie were not on the scene right now - how would Roxanne pull it through? Of the three woman and now two remaining, I would not vote for any of them.

If Lee comes out the winner, I'll be happy.

Posted by jackandjill on 05-17-06 at 09:39 AM
I think they ultimatley failed because they didn't incorporate Wal-Mart into their vision. Imagine people coming in to lounge around to play a video game then not knowing how much they products cost or making them find the product elsewhere in the store.

ttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/441180af465fa5dc.jpg

Posted by ultrabrite smile on 05-17-06 at 11:07 AM
I think that Synergy lost because they TOTALLY missed the target market. In addition, it appears that they did not take the valuable time to meet with Walmart & XBox team to better understand the product and the task.

1) Video games and console systems are marketed towards young men ages 15-35. There is no way that a bunch of guys would want to hang around in a "lounge". If Synergy had met with the executives from XBox, they would have understood the target market better.

2) Walmart is all about being the low priced leader. All Walmart signage emphasizes PRICE and try to encourage the shopper to make impulse buys. If Synergy had met with the merchandising team or Senior management at Walmart, they would have understood this better.

Basically, the Syngergy lounge represented a comfortable area where people could relax and be educated about the product. There was absolutely no selling message and no place for anything like this in a Walmart environment.

Posted by qwertypie on 05-17-06 at 12:22 PM
Do you think any of the women have ever been in a Walmart before?

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-17-06 at 12:44 PM
Tammy got fired and I was bummed that she was. My problem with her firing wasn't so much that she did a great job, she did not. She even admitted as much. My problem is with the other girls on the team. What Tammy meant was that this task was about her because if they lost she felt it established an image about her that would probably get her fired. Roxanne and Allie took it upon themselves as an excuse not to work. My biggest problem and it is a pattern I have noticed on this show. The women on this show have a tendancy to form alliances. Last season when it was women against men, the women would pick on or two people they didn't like and they would have an alliance going into tasks to get rid of those people. I don't remember the names but Toral was first, then it was the short blonde girl with a big mouth, then it was the blonde girl who could not say Zathura. At first they all went after Toral, once she was gone they went after the next girl who they said was too bossy....funny how she was fine until Toral was gone. Then they went after the next blonde and they were fine with her until the girl before her was gone. It is like the women build alliances like they are playing Survivor. They play too clicky of a game. I hate how this type of game playing is destroying the competition...it is not about how good you are but whether you were in strong with the alliance......those fired are predetermined before the task. I just felt that Roxanne and Allie checked out for Tammy because they could and maybe because Tammy had a connection with Sean. Funny how, Sean saw this all coming and so did Michael. Sean was asked why did he side with Andrea and not Allie in the boardroom......Sean saw what was going on and said I just want to survive...his turn was coming. Then luckily for Sean he volunteered to go to the other side.

I just hate to see the way this season is playing out. I really wanted to see one of those devious women get fired. Actually I was hoping more for Allie, because I think she is the captain of the ship. I was hoping Trump would of seen thru all this and broken this up.....it is bad for the show to let this type of game playing continue. If I want to see this I will turn into CBS at 8 on Thursday.

I felt that both Bill and Trump's daughter saw this, but then Trump said 'You think I did the right thing?' and of course them being scared to disagree with Trump said 'Yes, boss'. Funny thing is I would have a heart attack from shock if just once the people beside Trump said 'No, Donald you made a mistake'. What a joke of a question that is.

At this point I want Lee or Sean to win. Hard too believe I am routing for Sean (or Lee) because I did not like him a couple weeks ago. guess if Allie is there in the finale it would be ok because I would have a clear favorute who I want to win (anyone but Allie), but honestly I can't stand looking at her anymore.

Posted by lindan on 05-17-06 at 08:21 PM
About the women ganging up, you forgot one person. Before they ganged up on Toral, they first ganged up on Melissa. After Melissa is gone, they ganged up on Toral, and after Toral is gone, they ganged up on Kristy. It was Josh who attemptted to survive by blaming everyone on Jennifer M the sports interacti on loss, but that strategy didn't work because Trump fired all 4 people.

Posted by SeniorCitizen on 05-18-06 at 02:42 PM
I think both teams made a mistake by carrying out a 'closed' display. Whether in Wal-mart or Comp-usa, or any other place people shop for tech toys you will see numerous people, usually boys and men, lined up within a foot or so of one another playing videogames, watching computer monitors or lcd displays, apparently oblivious of the noises coming from the adjoining consoles. The women lost because they seemed unfamiliar with the environment of big-box vending. They set up a boutique for the 360 with no pricing or accessory devices. Roxanne's signage was almost discreet compared to what the men planned. Both teams made their displays too complex, nearly resulting in loss for the guys when their supplier dropped the ball. A pavilion type of arrangement: open sided with the area defined by columns that suspend signage would have been more visible, more accessible, and more in keeping with the layout pattern of Wal-mart and other stores like Costco. Tammy as team leader deserved to go, but the other two were equally clueless.

Posted by iltarion on 05-19-06 at 03:46 AM
That was another frustrating episode for The Apprentice, the 2nd in a row. The women are TERRIBLE. Tammy was clueless and did an awful job, but Allie and Roxanne were worse than her, completely checking out on the task, figuring Tammy would just be booted if they lost anyway. How did these two make the Final 4? They are a disgrace. Bill said the first smart thing he's said since Season 1, when he pointed out that a team member should be 100% committed to the team and the task.
About a month ago I said Sean was the favorite to win. I think I might have had it right all along. The men are clearly the stronger candidates, and I think Sean is the better of the two. Lee still has many trips to the boardroom and the two missed tasks in his past. Sean does not.