URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2134
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sean's Reason For Supporting Andrea:"I'm Only Trying To Survive""

Posted by tinkerer on 05-02-06 at 12:58 PM

Do you buy it?

It doesn't make any sense.

If the entire rest of the crew is jumping on Andrea, how on Earth is sticking your neck out for her going to enhance your chances for survival?

Sean's position at the moment of Andrea's firing was that he didn't make any critical mistakes in the task, he had Rox and Allie hanging on his arms, and Andrea's only other potential ally was Tammy, who was in with Allie and Roxanne.

Frankly, I almost don't blame the girls for being mad at Sean, considering the preposterousness of his answer.

The only possible reason I can see for Sean supporting Andrea is that he thought she was a strong player throughout and that Allie had done a bad job managing. Even is that is true, how does Sean's position become safer by bucking the tide and supporting Andrea?

I mean, if you're going to give somebody an excuse, at least give them and excuse which makes some sense. Sean's sure doesn't.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sean's Reason For Supporting Andrea:"I'm Only Trying To Survive""
Posted by idiotcowboy on 05-02-06 at 01:33 PM
I agree his reply back in the suite was crap, but I think at the time he threw his support towards Andrea he didn't think the girls would be successful in pushing the blame to her (after all she was clearly NOT the reason they lost that task). It might also have had something to do with the fact that Synegry has been so successful that none of them have had to go to the boardroom very often anyways so its harder for them know how to react in that situation as before there had always been a clear scapegoat for their failure. Had they not been successful then Andrea would have returned and Allie (or Tammy) would not have, and he was attempting to put himself into the "above the fray" mediator person in the eyes of Trump. Instead he now has the wrath of "Blood on the Walls" Allie to deal with instead and next week (based on the previews) will get to work with the politician and the weasel.

The only thing I cant figure out now is who is possibly left who deserves to be in the finals... much less win the thing.

-ICB

Posted by qwertypie on 05-02-06 at 02:04 PM
Agreed. I don't think he can think quickly on his feet. The other women though drove me more nuts than his reply.

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

Posted by tinkerer on 05-02-06 at 05:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 05:49 PM (EST)

I agree his reply back in the suite was crap, but I think at the time he threw his support towards Andrea he didn't think the girls would be successful in pushing the blame to her

It's hard to imagine anyone surviving four teammates against one. So if Sean turns against Andrea and she goes home, it 's Allie, Roxanne and Tammy with Sean, with Allie and Tammy on his arm.

Even if Andrea survived, despite Sean turning against her, it would be Sean, Rox and Allie/Tammy against Andrea, with Sean in no particular danger.

Now, if Sean supports Andrea and she survives, it's Andrea and Sean against Roxanne and Allie or Tammy. It's even. The best Sean could hope for in that case is a tie, and nobody in their right mind would trust Andrea to stick up for them if they screwed up the next task.

If Sean is going to be strategic, going against Andrea was clearly the only play.

"Why Pretend To Be Selfish If You're Being Idealistic?"
Posted by tinkerer on 05-02-06 at 06:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 09:59 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

Clearly, the only reasons Sean supported Andrea against the rest of the team are altruistic. Why he would lie and tell teammates he crossed that his motives were selfish, which is sure to prevent them from forgiving him, and not tell the truth that his motives were altruistic, which might get him forgiveness, is hard to believe.