URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 2120
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"BACHELORETTE OR BACHELOR"

Posted by Candigirl726 on 09-02-14 at 12:15 PM
Why does'nt the show do a show for ppl ages between 40 n 55yrs... the show now only caters to ages bet 20 n 30

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: BACHELORETTE OR BACHELOR"
Posted by Round Robin on 09-02-14 at 02:55 PM
Money. It's really that simple. I guarantee you them what're in charge don't think they can get the ratings among their target demographic groups with older bachelors and bachelorettes than they can get with younger bachelors and bachelorettes. Most of the show's viewers want to see bachelors who look good with their shirts off and/or bachelorettes who look good in bikinis, not people who are all wrinkled up or are a little thick around the middle. They see enough of that every day. So there are two chances you will ever see over-40 people on this show, none and less than none. They would go over like a lead balloon on the bottom line, which is the only thing the producers and network honchos give a rat's rump about.

"Byron Velvick"
Posted by CSHS79 on 09-02-14 at 03:05 PM
You must be forgetting Byron Velvick who was The Bachelor a few seasons back. He was a 40-42 yr old professional fisherman, but the ladies he had to choose from were still in their 30s. Mary & he did last quite a long time, 4-5 years I do believe. He even learned to say his proposal in Spanish since her parents didn't speak English.
Eventually the two broke up but not before each of them acquiring a mug shot & time in jail for domestic violence.
But back to your question, the answer is ratings, pure & simple.

"RE: Byron Velvick"
Posted by Bevy on 09-04-14 at 07:07 PM
I just googled Valvick. That is one good looking man. Most 50 year old men don't look that good, which answers the original question: There aren't enough viewers who would watch 40 and 50 somethings date. I'm over 50 myself, and I like watching the younger men.