URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 2107
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Unpopular Contestants"

Posted by CSHS79 on 07-01-14 at 01:29 PM
Every season there's one or two bachelors the other guys don't like. This season first was Andrew & now it's Nick. In Andrew's case if he did get the phone number of someone at the club, then he is a jerk since he's supposed to be there for Andi.
In Nick's case,I wonder if their opinion is colored by their jealousy over how much attention Andi is giving to Nick. Okay he seems to know a lot about the show & appears to talk a lot about strategy. Shouldn't the other guys do more than criticize Nick for it and take it as a nudge that they need to be more aggressive in their pursuit?
Another point, contestants always complain that just as they start to enjoy some one on one time with the lead, another contestant steals the lead away. They are especially bothered when the person
stealing the lead already has a rose. Yet time & time again, they always defer & leave the lead with the other person. Have you ever seen someone say no? I wonder if they did it would impress the lead? Or do they defer because they are afraid if they said no more would be expected of them during that one on one time?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Unpopular Contestants"
Posted by Round Robin on 07-02-14 at 10:40 AM
Guys want to set their own pace, and they want aggressive behavior to be seen as being an a$$hole. They're not going to be aggressive themselves in telling the others no when they steal the 'ette away, because they fear she will think THEY are a$$holes. So guys, and girls, who are aggressive tend to last awhile while the lead's relationships with suitors who b1tch about them tend to be seen as "not progressing fast enough" and the lead cuts them loose.

"Aggressiveness"
Posted by CSHS79 on 07-03-14 at 12:57 PM
When I said be more aggressive I meant doing more than waiting for the lead to come towards you. Where is the wooing on the part of the men? So Mick's behavior might seem a tad obnoxious, he is actually pursuing Andi like in a normal relationship. So IMHO, the other guys could've taken a page out of his book. It's probably why
Andi liked the secret admirer letters, it showed creativity.