URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2103
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hoarders"

Posted by mrc on 01-05-10 at 12:32 PM
Anyone watch? Anyone know of people who are compulsive hoarders? I have a couple of relatives who are hoarders, but not to the extreme that you see on TV.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

Table of contents
  • RE: Hoarders,cipher5150, 01:16 PM, 01-05-10
  • RE: Hoarders,dajaki, 10:13 PM, 01-07-10
  • RE: Hoarders,kidflash212, 10:28 AM, 07-10-16

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hoarders"
Posted by cipher5150 on 01-05-10 at 01:16 PM
I find this show captivating and I don’t know why. On a good note, it motivates me to clean out my closets.

I have an Aunt and Uncle who are compulsive shoppers/hoarders. They are so bad that they actually have two houses and use one for storage. Luckily though they don’t keep garbage and aren’t afraid to clean their bathroom and kitchen like the hoarders on this show – they just have piles and piles and piles of stuff. They will buy something that they know they won’t need/use for ten years or more just because it is on sale. If they go to a touristy place like an amusement park they will buy souvenir clothes like crazy. Seriously, how many Busch Gardens t-shirts can one person use?

Posted by dajaki on 01-07-10 at 10:13 PM
This show is fascinating. The mentality of hoarders totally escapes me and I'm amazed at how patient friends/therapists/family members are with the hoarders. I'm one of those people who would sneak in while they're at the grocery store and start throwing crap away. I'd try to spread it out; a little from the living room, a little from the bedroom.

This show, along with Clean House on Style Network and How Clean is Your House? on BBCA, always make me start cleaning.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 10:28 AM
One of the few shows mentioned here that is still on.