URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 210
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
""I know I can read the teleprompter better than..........""

Posted by mochiba on 09-15-04 at 08:44 AM
I've never been in show business and I thought Jay did a great job last year but lately he is really struggling with the hosting this year. So much so that I find myself wondering throughout the show whether he's looking at cue cards or maybe they've got it written on a napkin - because he can't see it! It's getting painful to watch week after week. Here's an idea....do a quick run through of the show say 2 hrs before air time to at least familiarize yourself with the material...or maybe don't smoke hashish ten minutes before you go on...hahahah.And last nights picks were OK. I was never a RC fan but I did like Tammy better than Jay London...or maybe not- that Jay is a scamp..

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: "I know I can read the teleprompter better than..........""
Posted by newsomewayne on 09-15-04 at 10:01 AM
Is that a challenge? I'm sorry, but as executive producer, Jay Mohr is given immunity from all challenges no matter how bad he sucks. For trying to play outside the rules, you are automatically eliminated and will not recieve your share of the $50,000.

Try again next year when we have auditions in New York, L.A. and 10 other cities that don't really matter.

It's like science. It really can't be explained.

"Unpopular opinion but..."
Posted by SilverStar on 09-15-04 at 04:53 PM
I like Jay Mohr. I think he's pretty funny. I usually get at least a few good chuckles out of him, which is more than I can say for most of these *air quotes* COMICS */air quotes*

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

"Ivan joke"
Posted by Canada Girl on 09-16-04 at 12:35 PM
I thought his hurricane joke about people dying was in poor taste, as people did actually die during the broadcast of the show. I was also thinking of people watching the show for a bit of a mental uplift during a scary time and getting that crap from him.

"RE: "I know I can read the teleprompter better than..........""
Posted by Godd3ss on 09-22-04 at 07:13 AM
Jay is definitely a pot head (not that I am saying that there is necessarily anything wrong with that). But he also has some pretty severe panic attack problems. He takes Clonapin twice a day. That is a pretty heavy "sedative" and I am sure mixing it with the pot makes him somewhat loopy. I think as the show gains in popularity and it gets larger, the more stress it puts on him, the more panicky he gets, etc ... What is funny is that he does make mistakes and he laughs them off instead of trying to cover them up - "www ... was that three?"