URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2094
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"unfair this show is just that"

Posted by vanessaisalwaysright on 12-23-06 at 10:09 PM
okay....i REALLY think that phonelines are over filling with few cities so all the contestants dont get the votes that they are supposed to get fantasia great singer but ehhhh wasnt meant to win obviously and taylor hicks ughhh... but i would give him a definite chance

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: unfair this show is just that"
Posted by geekboy on 12-23-06 at 11:10 PM
Hi Vanessa -

I have to admit i'm quite confused by your posting. Could you try and explain yourself in a bit more detail? Few cities? What do you mean exactly? Votes that they are supposed to get? I dind't know any one contestant was 'supposed' to get a certain number of votes.

And how do you propose that the show is unfair when it is all left up to America?

Yes, Fantasia is a great singer and she was the OBVIOUS winner in season three. Nobody else deserved it.

Taylor Hicks. My favorite going into this last season. He is a great singer, a unique singer, and his CD is incredible. He is going to be a huge star. Again, the obvious choice to win, even though last season was filled with great talent.

Please elaborate on your points a bit more.

Thanks,

geekboy

"excuse me simple one"
Posted by vanessaisalwaysright on 12-25-06 at 02:20 AM
hi there ummm "geekboy" okay people in cities like wherever the heck fantasia and other contestants live in have unfair overflowing calls in their city now its not the cities fault its american idols, you see there are thousands of votes not counted for the true singers theres definitely not a lot of phonelines being answered THATS REALLY UNFAIR and the less best people have been chosen to move on in the next rounds THATS REALLLLLLYYYYY UNFAIR and theres maybe a million people that think fantastia and taylor hicks should of won but theres twice as much people who think the opposing contestant should of won and i dont have to name any in particular city and example: Jennifer Hudson is the obvious winner and Talyor hicks pssshhhhh so many people that got eliminated were so much better thats my opinion so deallllll

"WARNING - vanessaisalwaysright "
Posted by Bebo on 12-26-06 at 07:44 AM
Our guidelines clearly state that bashing other posters is not permitted here. Failure to comply with the community guidelines can lead to the revocation of your posting privileges.

"RE: excuse me simple one"
Posted by geekboy on 12-27-06 at 09:44 PM
Vanessa -

OK, so you say it is unfair for the citizens of any given contestant's hometown to vote for them? How do you propose to change this?

Not allow any calls from each contestant's hometown? How about the suburbs of that hometown? Not allow votes from a 25-mile radius of each contestant's hometown? would that be more 'fair'?

And how are votes "not being counted"? Its easy for anyone to make claims on a bulletin board like this, but can you back up your claim that thousands of votes are not being counted? When? Where?

Also, if there are 'twice as many people' who thought that Jennifer Hudson should have won...then all those people didn't vote did they? Is that unfair? No, that's just the reality of how America votes. You can't call it unfair of thousands of people simply don't vote.

geekboy

"RE: excuse me simple one"
Posted by Snidget on 12-28-06 at 08:06 AM
Well every season there seem to be reports of people in some areas having a much harder time getting through than others, and given the number of votes and voters it may be that some local portions of the phone system get overwhelmed.

After all one reason for the total to be extremely close like it is some of the time is that there is some maximum number of votes per minute that can go through the system per phone line so you might be at full capacity and the margin may have really been wider, but you don't know how many people never got through so it is hard to tell how much wider it might have been. I don't know if it would ever be enough to change who won or not. That is one of the reasons they started opening up more phone lines per person when they get to fewer people so that more people can get through. (change made after the Clay/Ruben vote if I recall correctly, and there was a big flap about North Carolina voters not being able to get through even once during the voting period even though based on information from people with family in Alabama they didn't seem to have any trouble down there)

I know trying to vote from here (NC) for anything other than the first few rounds seems to be futile. The numbers are totally jambed up so out of dozens of attempts (if not hundreds) I may get through once or twice during the whole voting period for who I want (When I check the line for who is likely to lose I usually can get through very easily, so it is just some of the lines that are jambed up). I suppose I could pay to get texting on the phone and pay for each vote, but I don't feel like spending that much money on it. I know from the who is voting for whom threads on this board other people from other parts of the country seem to get through a higher percentage of the time.

I do not know how you get around that some areas have more people trying to vote than the local phone system can handle. The nationwide phone folks say that if it gets out of the local system they all get through. I don't expect the AI producers to pay to upgrade the phone system for areas that have a hard time getting through. While there may be bias caused by it, it isn't caused by the AI folks. I guess if it were that important to me to get my votes counted I could move someplace with a local system more likely to handle the volume of calls, or pay the text messaging fees.

Dialidol.com tracks both the number of times people vote with the number of times people can't get through because the can't get through numbers seem to give an indication of how the people not using the dialidol voter program are voting. Based on their numbers a heck of a lot of votes are dialed but never get out of the local phone system.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

"..........."
Posted by vanessaisalwaysright on 12-30-06 at 00:05 AM
there has to be more people more everything like phonelines to take votes for alll of the contestants. the towns are the small ones (compared to the other cities that the competitors live in

"RE: ..........."
Posted by nailbone on 01-05-07 at 02:05 PM
Claims like this have been made for most of the seasons, but none can be substantiated.

-New holiday sig! Thanks, tribe!

"RE: ..........."
Posted by vanessaisalwaysright on 01-09-07 at 01:56 AM
okay?

"RE: unfair this show is just that"
Posted by bob_chester on 01-12-07 at 05:50 PM
Who cares. This TV entertainment. This is justsour grapes when somebodies "favorite" contestant gets voted off. There is no way to make a perfect way to call in to make it fair. Just sit back and enjoy. If you don't watch it. I love it because everybody gets upset. It is so fun to watch. Carrie and Kelly are the only 2 bonfide stars to come out of this so far.
I hope Taylor does well, you never know I guess.