URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 209
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"From 4 to 2....and.....Jesse vs. Alfonso"

Posted by Odysseus on 05-11-05 at 07:14 AM
Does anyone know how they will go from 4 to 2 fighters?
What will the next challenge be like?

Also, depending on how the the fights shake out,
I'm thinking Alfonso and Jesse are the best fighters left.
They should meet for the money in Vegas....
unless they have to fight each other next.

Your opinion?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: From 4 to 2....and.....Jesse vs. Alfonso"
Posted by MDSkinner on 05-11-05 at 11:51 AM
Let me just say that after the last round of fights I have to completely disagree with you.

I think that right now I would say that Alfonso and Peter are the two best fighters, with Sergio close behind. I am a person who is not very familiar with boxing, but I would say that Jesse is by far the worst of those remaining. I probably would give Sergio more credit, but I really don't think he fought as good as the other two, and right now Alfonso does appear to stand above the rest.

In terms of Jesse though. I think Anthony looked like he was probably the worst of the remaining 8. And He took it to Jesse, in my opinion, but Jesse got that one shot in last round that won the match for him. To me, if Jesse fights anything like he did in that match against any of the other remaining three, he gets beat, and maybe even easily.

As for Alfonso, he looks like he got a little beat up in the Ahmed match, and that might be the only thing that could affect him in the next round. but, for the most part he appears to me to have been the most dominant fighter.

For Peter, I feel that he was VERY close to beating Alfonso the first time around. And he seems to be adapting more and more to the 5 round format. So for that reason, I feel he is probably the second best guy in this thing and maybe even the best.

Sergio seems like kind of a wild card to me. The fact that he is intelligent certainly plays to his favor, and it could even win him the whole thing, for all I know. His beating Ishe, though it was a split decision, was still impressive. He just did not seem as good as the other two mentioned, in my opinion.

But to reiterate, I think there is no way that Jesse makes the final fight. Looking at him this last week, he looked like he barely belonged in the competition. Based on that, I suppose it would make a good story should he make it to the final fight.

Posted by themooman on 05-11-05 at 08:07 PM
well im pretty sure the next show has alfonso vs. peter, anything can happen there. Sergio vs. Jesse= sergio, im pretty sure about that. serigo vs. alfonso= toss up

Posted by Odysseus on 05-11-05 at 08:24 PM
Hey Moonman, how do you know the next show has Alfonso vs. Peter?
If you're right anything can happen there. Manfredo is bigger but he already lost to Alfonso, who seems to be the better fighter. Peter is tough but he can be beaten.

As far as Sergio vs. Jesse goes, I think Jesse would have had an easier time of it last time if he didn't have to go through the weight loss thing. He is a strong guy, confident and able. Sergio is very good and such a likable guy but I'd have to give it to a rested and healthy Jesse if that's how it shakes out.

I love this show.
Can't wait until the next one.

Posted by ChicagoTRS on 05-12-05 at 11:19 AM
If you really want to know the results of the next rounds of fights look at the spoiler threads. Everyone has a pretty good idea of who is fighting and who wins.

Posted by TroyGun25 on 05-12-05 at 12:11 PM
I'm putting my money on either Manfredo or Sergio. Manfredo is ranked third in the world and Sergio beat Ishe Smith, who many people pegged as the best boxer. Alfonso is very good as well. Brinkley on the other hand is obviously the weakest fighter left. Bonsante had him dead to rights but Brinkley got a lucky shot in on him, plus he's not healthy and he just endured beating from Bonsante. The boxers also only get two or three days to rest between fights so everyone else is very rested while Brinkley is struggling. And another thing, Brinkley is just plain annoying, obnoxious and immature, I can't wait to see him get beat!