URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2086
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bryce was the better man."

Posted by RB1 on 04-04-06 at 02:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 02:24 AM (EST)

Bryce was the better man tonight. Donald knew, but because he was to PC, he didn't want look anti-semetic. Lee should have been fired. It's the price of having a faith sometimes. No one should question his (Lee) decision to leave the team and observe the religious holiday, but at the same time, there is consequence for that decision. If I'm going to worship, and it conflicts with something (say a business), I better be prepared to lose my business over my worship. That's faith. If Lee gotten fired by Trump, I think he would been okay with that. So back to Bryce, his logic to bring Lee and Lenny was simple, they were the two that contributed the least.

As for Trump, you can tell he was visibly shaken by Bryce at the end. And Bryce's logic to bring Leeny and Lee in the boardroom made perfect sense. Without Charmaine and Leslie, they wouldn't have a jingle. Both may have missed the mark, but they were the two that contributed the most. Why would you bring your most effective employees in the board room, when Lenny and Lee didn't step up to the plate? Donald's logic was completely flawed.

Carolyn, rather disgustingly, looked at Bryce "just fire yourself." You're kidding right? Here's a guy that was going to take a hit for the team and fight (argue) to the end, and you expect him to quit?

I like how it ended, and says a lot of our culture, when money is more important that virtue. Life is unfair, but you can live it honorably. Bryce said he wasn't afraid of Trump, probably the first time we heard a contestant uttered those words, and backed it up convincingly. Donald passed up a very special kid.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bryce was the better man."
Posted by iltarion on 04-04-06 at 04:36 AM
Let me AGREE 100%!!
Let me first say that before this episode, I was NOT a Bryce fan. I could care less about the guy. BUT, Bryce rocked in this episode. He brought that joke team together. He was loyal to his team and made COMPLETE sense in the boardroom. Trump just wouldn't listen, like Bryce said.
Why does Trump and Carolyn think that they automatically know better who was to blame for a loss than the PM who was with their team the entire time does? Is that logic? Carolyn said,"I don't understand your logic." Well, Carolyn, you obviously had abandoned logic in your argument with Bryce so actually we don't understand YOUR logic. Trump said, "This isn't the way the world works." What??
OK, according to you and Carolyn, if my workplace has a bad performance, and some employees worked hard but made some mistakes, and I called in SICK and wasn't even there to help, those employees deserve to be fired more than me. OKAY. If that is what you and Carolyn think then you both need to get back into the regular business world and off TV, because that ISN'T how the world works.
OK, maybe I am just bitter because I am Christian and yet have been forced to work Easter and Christmas, and every other holiday. But missing one task was one thing, but TWO tasks?? Due to holidays?? Come on. Lee CHOSE to be on the show!! If I schedule an interview on Christmas and then fail to show up, I can hardly expect to get the job!
After the boardroom and his strong show of loyalty, I do think Bryce was the best person on that show besides maybe Sean. He shouldn't have been let go. For Trump to fire Bryce over Lenny and Lee is ridiculous, and for Bill to say, "It was easy," shows that he is as deluded as Trump and Carolyn are.
Though Bryce did make one, near unforgivable mistake: showing up late to the meeting, which I completely blame on him. PM and he wasn't aware they were late?? Because of that, HE was actually more deserving of being fired than Tarek or Charmaine, but not more than Lenny and Lee. Late or not, at least HE showed...

Posted by RB1 on 04-04-06 at 06:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

Thanks iltarion....I knew that I wasn't off my rocker to suggest that Bryce was on the right on this one.

After reviewing some of the other posts, I do want to make one more point. I don't think that Lee observing a Jewish holiday is a good reason to protect his job. Trump was a bit gun shy to fire him, and that's understandable considering the possible liability of discrimination. But I think Trump would have been safe to fire Lee. You would fire him not for observing his religious holiday. Instead you would fire him for lack of productivity. That's basically the point, Leeny and Lee were the least productive of the group. Lee was a resource Bryce did not have access too, and that alone was enough to fire him. By the way, this is a job interview, and if you don't show up for a job interview, you don’t get the job.

These are arguments Bryce should have made in the boardroom, which were poorly argued (I must admit). But he was honest with his convictions, he stood by his principles, and Trump and company were scrambling to save face. This is a major blunder by Trump as it revealed something interesting about him. That is, when push comes to shove, even when he’s obviously wrong, his ego will get the best of him.

If I were the losing PM, I’d throw all reasoning (and morals) behind, and bring back two that Trump can easily argue against. Typically they are the ones that directly touched the problem, in this case Charmaine and the other woman (what is her name?) for not including “natural chicken” in the jingle. Never mind their overall contribution, never mind how friendly they were to the group, never mind their creative input, just pick the two that Trump easily argue. Once in the boardroom, piggy back on Trump’s reasoning, the more malicious the better, and I would say you have about 90% chance of not getting fired.

The strategy is simple, pick the two that Trump can EASILY argue against (make it Trump-centered), help in making Trump look good, and I can almost guarantee, you will not get fired.

Posted by dafnaf on 04-08-06 at 05:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-06 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

This is just plain ignorance.
Religious Jewish people believe they're not allowed by god to do anything on Yom Kippur. It's not like he was going to celebrate a holiday and drink all night long.
Like I said on the other thread, he can't use electricity nor transportation on yom kippur. He's not allowed to do any business, and he doesn't eat or drink for about 25 hours.
Jewish people believe that if one doesn't obey the Yom Kippur rules, they get a punishment from god. They believe they absolutely must fast and go to the temple and pray.

Having said that, I don't know whether Lee informed the producers about not showing up on the Jewish Holidays . I suppose he did tell the producers about that, and I think they thought it would be a good idea to add a religion-conflict to the show.
And these thread are a proof for that.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 04-04-06 at 10:01 AM
When Carolyn said "just fire yourself" I was thinking exactly what she was saying. It seemed to me that that was what Bryce wanted. Bryce couldn't make a good argument for wanting Lenny to be fired. And even Bryce said Trump shouldn't fire Lee. So the only the person left is Bryce himself.

I think he did fire himself. Somebody has to be fired every episode and if he is too noble to point the finger at the 2 who messed up then he has to take all the blame.

Would it have been fair for Trump to say okay your team did great and because you all contributed and worked hard noone is to blame so I am not going to fire anybody this week?

No that wouldn't have been fair. The game doesnt work that way.

Tarek and Charmaine are not quality employees. Both have messed up big time in the past and both are on thin ice. They should have been in the boardroom.

Posted by lindan on 04-04-06 at 10:44 AM
>No that wouldn't have been fair.
>The game doesnt work that
>way.

The game works however Trump decides for it to work, regardless whether it's fair or not. If Trumps want to fire 2 people in a week, he can do that. If he wants to fire 4 people in a week, he did that. If he wants to fire nobody in a week, nothing can prevent him to do that too. Eg. If he really wants to, he could have ignored Randall's answer at last season's finale and hire both him and Rebecca - just he he chose not to do that.

Let's suppose he did hire both Randall and Rebecca. The audience would say that isn't how the game supposed to work, but hey, that's Trump own game. He can do whatever he pleases to do.

Posted by halfpintlemon on 04-04-06 at 03:41 PM
I don't know Charmaine won her task so I think she has earned some respect.

What I'm really confused about the whole holiday thing is that Yom Kippur always falls in the September-ish neighborhood.
And I'm almost positive that's what Lee said he was celebrating.
So I'm just wondering were they filming season 5 while season four wasn't even halfway done?
Because that just seems weird.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 04-07-06 at 07:41 PM
Yes... Tarek and Charmaine have made blunders in the past. But how was Charmaine's performance this week any worse than Leslie's performance who was also responsible for the lyrics? I just don't get it why Charmaine should be penalized for stepping up to the plate and creating something when no one else had anything better to offer. Isn't it better to try and fail than to just give up from the start like Lenny did?

Posted by dafnaf on 04-08-06 at 05:22 PM
I agree.
I find it hard to understand how Tarek got this far on the show.

Posted by skbnwinters on 04-06-06 at 05:27 PM
HE might have been OK, but can you imagine the defecation hitting the ventilation over THAT one???

Posted by skbnwinters on 04-06-06 at 05:29 PM
I hit the boards first. My FIRST post was that sonabitch, Donald Trump just fired "the jewel of the team". SONOFABITCH!

Posted by freakusmaximus on 04-06-06 at 06:00 PM
first of all this show would NEVER have been recorded during christmas, or any christian holiday requiring church attendance. and if any one of the teams members didnt participate because of their observance it would not even been up for discussion.
Lee really didnt have a choice other than to not come on the show knowing when the dates were- I am sure it was discussed with producers before hand and I am sure iot was done this way intentionally to create controversy