URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2083
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Share Your Thoughts On Bryce's Boardroom Strategy"

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 04-03-06 at 11:23 PM
I can completely understand and respect Bryce for not wanting to throw anyone under the bus. But in order to win the game you have to play by the rules.

Bryce should have bought Charmaine and Tarek into the boardroom. Even though they worked the hardest they still missed the mark. Unfortunately, in the real world when we work hard at the wrong things and don't get good results there are consequences. Plus, both Tarek and Charmaine have messed up before.

I think Bryce did a good job. He was a good leader and he shouldn't have been fired. It's great that he took responsibility for the loss but in the bigger picture Tarek and Charmaine were the ones who should have taken responsibility.

He did a noble thing by shouldering all the burden. But not one of his teammates tried to share in the responsibility. Tarek actually said Bryce should be the one fired and Charmaine didn't step up and take her share of the blame for the team arriving late to meet with the executives or for the fact that she missed key things in the lyrics to the jingle.

Too bad for Bryce. I think he could have gone all the way now we will never know.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Share Your Thoughts On Bryce's Boardroom Strategy"
Posted by qwertypie on 04-03-06 at 11:34 PM
Well, like Bryce said "Trump's loss". Bryce will do just fine.

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-04-06 at 08:46 AM

Was Bryce's Boardroom Strategy wrong? I don't think so. I give him credit. If what it takes is throwing people under the bus just to further yourself in the game then I would feel like I did not want to work for Trump. If Trump was to ask me to do that then I would have my reservations about working for him. Trump should really admire Bryce for what he did not fire him. You want manager's that will step up and take the blame.

As Bryce said "Without Charmaine I have no Lyrics and without Tarek I have no music". Charmaine and Tarek stepped up. Unlike others on the team. Should they be fired for being take charge people in a task that is so darn stupid. I challenge Trump to write a jingle. That jack*** could never do it so why is he asking others to do it. The whole team worked cohesively with Bryce as the project manager. Something no others could get the team to do. The song lost to the other team but considering the back ground of the candidates both teams did well.

This is the second week in a row contestents would not throw team members under the bus. Last week Dan got fired for not throwing Lenny under the bus. And Dan in my opinion was right also. Lenny threw out a creative idea that EVERYONE on the team loved. No one else had anything better so why should Lenny get fired either. On this show it pays to sit back and let others have ideas because if their ideas don't win they are the ones that get fired.

Now as far as Bryce's strategy. I knew exactly what he was doing. Charmaine wrote the Lyrics (with help from what's her face) and Tarek wrote the music. Lenny did not do anything. And Lee was the one team member that did not contribute at all because he was AWOL. Look does Lee want to be the Apprentice or not? He knew when he was signing up that his holidays would happen while he was competing. He should of thought this over before signing up. Bryce therefore knowing that the other contributed brought the only people he felt he could bring to the boardroom. Now Donald fired him, but Donald did not realize what Bryce has accomplished. He unified a disfunctional team. Donald has now fired in two weeks in a row probably the strongest candidates on the team.

Donald now looks like a big zero and in my opinion, Bryce and Dan both left the show in a better place. If I was a person running a company and was the type that would hire people from this show. Bryce and Dan would be the two I would most be interested it.

Interesting how Donald has been edited poorly the last two weeks. And Donald not realizing that these two firings are doing more to end the run of his show. Guess all Donald is looking for is people that don't step up on challenges and project managers that throw people under the bus. I thought when this show came on that I might actually learn something I was wrong.

Posted by Sunder on 04-04-06 at 09:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

Bryce kicked Trump's a$$ all over the screen - and it was all on national television. It was the first time I actually got excited over this show again, because frankly, the show has been a boring disappointment.

But Trump, who owns the show, has all the money, has all the cards and all the power, just got destroyed in the boardroom. Trump's 2 cronies just kissed his butt afterwards, which truly looked pathetic to me. I'd work for a standup guy like Bryce anyday.

Trump's lessons:

1. only people who actually make an effort to do something will be fired.

2. if you do absolutely nothing, I won't fire you because I'll say my patented "but that wasn't the reason why you lost the task" speech.

Let me play hockey against you Trump. Me and 5 of my buddies vs you have 5 people who don't show up. You'll lose the game. Obviously it's not your absent player's fault you lost the game, you were the only one on the ice - it's all your fault. Trump, your pathetic butt if fired!

3. if you attempt to do something to help your team and your team loses - I will fire you. But if you attempt to do something to help your team and you win, I'll let you slide just as easily as the people that contributed nothing.

If I met Trump in person, I would spit in his face.

Posted by Keepsitreal on 04-04-06 at 09:56 AM
I've got to disagree with the analysis regarding Bryce, his boardroom decisions and his manner.

Bryce proved in earlier episodes that he has an explosive temper and last night, after Trump pushed him a bit, it was obvious that he was flustered and angry. The show, although entertainment, has certain real interview moments... and talking back, interrupting and trying to out-tough your potential boss will lose a candidate the job probably 99 out of 100 times.

That being said, Bryce was in a no-win situation. He tried nobly to hang the loss on the others who he felt Trump may get impulsive with. Lenny is on Trump's hit-list from earlier episodes, so he was a decent gamble. Lee was a bad gamble because Trump has demonstrated his respect for the religion thing before. He could have brought in both Tarek and Charmaine into the boardroom, but Bryce knew that in that case he'd absolutely be the one who was fired. They both did their job and actually did it fairly well. Trump's point was that he should have brought in the people who were directly involved with the task, not who's the least popular.

Bottom-line is that Trump was right in his opinion of who should have been in the boardroom. Bryce probably knew it too, but also knew that he definately be the one fired if he had brought in Tarek and Charmaine. With the three of them in the boardroom, there is only one thing that would have stood out that might have cost them the loss... being late to the meeting with the decision-makers, which is a killer mistake.

Bryce was going to be the one fired no matter how he played it, so he was right in taking his gamble and hoping that something would happen that might get Trump to pull one of his impulsive "fire the least obvious" moves. I noticed that they didn't show a collabrative moment before the final boardroom because I imagine that Carolyn and Bill probably pointed out the obvious also.

All-in-all, I'd say that this was one of the best boardrooms the show has had this season. With a task where both teams actually did a pretty good job, it's the subtle things that make a difference. It played out as it should and both sides had made the best strategic decisions they could. Bryce just never had a chance and he was clearly not the best apprentice. Bad temper, late for meetings... not a good employee.

Also, for those who don't know the Jewish religion very well and think Lee should have given it up for the day, it just can't happen. He's a practicing Jew and the holiday is the most serious of the religion's holidays. On this one day every year, jews are not supposed to work, they go to temple and they also do not eat for 24 hours. It's actually pretty unfair and throws off the program that they even filmed during the holidays since very few of the viewing audience understands this.

What's killing the show isn't really Trump, its truly that they've been finding some pretty weak talent. If I see Charmaine bawling like a school-girl one more time, I think I'm going to have to give up on the show too. Emotion is a nice thing, but not from a group who are supposed to be the best available for this role.

Posted by CattyChat on 04-04-06 at 10:16 AM
As usual, I agree with you 100% W.J. and especially commend you for pointing out . . .

"Interesting how Donald has been edited poorly the last two weeks. And Donald not realizing that these two firings are doing more to end the run of his show."

I'm glad EPMB is FINALLY starting to show more of what an idiot Trump is, so people can start to see who he really is. I think MB knows this show is on its way out & he can finally go after Trump now.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

"Comparing Byrce's Strategy with Rebecca Strategy"
Posted by lindan on 04-04-06 at 09:43 AM
Bryce has way more ground to stick up for both Charmaine and Tarek than Rebecca sticking up for Toral (I have to say I respect Toral's work experience and background, but she didn't do anything right in the Senior home Task. She couldn't even operate a TV remote control). Yet Trump choose to reward Rebecca for her decision and fire Bryce for his. Another Trump's decision which makes no sense at all.

"RE: Comparing Byrce's Strategy with Rebecca Strategy"
Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 04-04-06 at 10:24 AM
Lindan,

I forgot about the whole Rebecca Toral thing. Good comparison. It is exactly the same thing.

During that season I always felt that Trump was impressed more by Rebecca's looks than her ethics.

Personally, I didnt think Rebecca was a good leader/manager and I just felt she was trying to protect a friend not a valuable and deserving employee.

But she got a pass because Trump thought she was hot.

Posted by CattyChat on 04-04-06 at 10:10 AM
First, I want to state that I have never respected Trump & will never respect Trump and nothing he does surprises me. I cannot stand crooks who know how to bend the rules to make themselves rich, hurting MANY, MANY people with his "business sense."

Bryce was a non-entity in my opinion until last night & my opinion of him is that he is a man of integrity who holds strong to his beliefs and isn't going to compromise to kiss Trumps bloated aZZ. I applauded Bryce for standing up to Trump last night and trying to make his point be heard -- unfortunately, as Bryce said, Trump doesn't listen and it made no difference.

I know Carolyn is just one of Trump's lap dogs, but I was disappointed in her "just fire yourself" comment to Bryce. Bryce didn't deserve to be disrespected for his integrity.

I do believe it was in Bryce's best interest to bring back Tarek and Charmaine both for this task & prior mistakes, BUT he was right in that he ultimately approved both the lyrics and the melody. Just like Dan last week, if you blame the people who are willing to step up and propose ideas, no one is going to want to take that risk. The team approved the decisions.

This was a week where "no firing" would have been the right thing to do. The only glaring mistake was being late for the meeting, ultimately Bryce's fault -- especially when he didn't immediately apologize to the Arby's execs and instead tried to change the subject. But the rest of the team should also take the burden for being late . . . are you telling me that NONE of them realized they couldn't just snap their fingers and "poof" arrive at the meeting in less than 5 minutes? Was John of TAR on the team somewhere with his magic genie?

All you had to do was ask & I would've loaned you my GENIE, guys

Lee should NOT have been fired for his observance of his religious holiday -- illegal -- Trump could've postponed the task one day and given everyone the day off.

Lenny should NOT have been fired for his limited contribution to THIS task. He has worked hard in the previous weeks & even with his limited "rhyming in English" skills, he still threw out ideas and made an effort.

Charmaine & what's-her-name came up with a pretty decent jingle. Bryce was right to reward them for their hard work, rather than slam them for not emphasizing "ONLY at Arbys." I really think this task (as last week) was really a close call & not as though they were blown out of the water by Synergy.

Tarek has been poor every week, shutting down his team mates and not working well with others and coming up with lame ideas, BUT he made a turnaround this week and for that he really didn't deserve to be fired THIS week (although he should've been gone any of the last 3 times).

I credit Tarek's change 100% to Bryce and Trump should've given Bryce the credit he deserved for bringing his team together and really doing a great job of management (which SHOULD be the emphasis, rather than one person's rhyme was better than the other's).

The biggest problem with the Apprentice is that it has gone far afield of what it originally was supposed to do -- find out who has business skills, managerial skills, people skills, exceptional work ethic, integrity, honesty & loyalty (among other things) because someone with THOSE qualities are what NORMAL intelligent "bosses" are looking for in their employees. But Trump fires people for drama and to prove whatever ridiculous point he reaches out of his butt that week.

I've said it before . . . if the contestant really is someone of integrity and holds all of the above-listed qualities, they are MUCH BETTER OFF getting fired by Trump, because you don't garner respect of others by being a small-minded, egotistical crook who consistently contradicts oneself. You might be able to make a quick buck, but eventually it'll catch up to you and you'll pay. I hope I am around when Trump finally has to pay for his "deals," THAT will be a great thing to see.

The Apprentice is on its last leg & next season's move to L.A. (still don't understand that one) will be the nail in the coffin. I can't wait -- Trump-Free TV is the place for me.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by qwertypie on 04-04-06 at 01:40 PM
Lee should NOT have been fired for his observance of his religious holiday -- illegal -- Trump could've postponed the task one day and given everyone the day off. . But that would have made sense

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

"Agree with you CattyChat..."
Posted by singer on 04-04-06 at 03:02 PM
on the "no-firing" point. The Donald is ridiculous.

--Singer

Posted by davwav02 on 04-04-06 at 10:47 AM
I agree with most of the other posters here in that Bryce will be much better off NOT being on this show. I agree with him in his choice last night to not bring back the people who actually contributed ideas to this project, and instead bringing back the people who, by every definition of the phrase, 'contributed the least', even if this meant bringing back a person who was absent for potentially justifiable reasons.

I believe that Bryce may not even have had the intention of working for Trump, instead he may have simply used this show to basically showcase himself, and after his performance last night, he is likely in a very good position in terms of finding a great deal of job offers, very similar to what most second place contestants face after being on the show.

Bryce's team may not have won the task, by definition, but they certainly did not lose either. They got beat by the other team. This is one task where both teams did an outstanding job, but there can only be one winner.

In conclusion, what Bryce did last night may have sealed his fate in terms of not working for Trump, but he has demonstrated that he has a very strong set of values and would be a great asset to almost any company.

Posted by adricharlie on 04-04-06 at 01:53 PM
I think Bryce did the right thing ethically and morally by not bringing Tarek or Charmaine in to the boardroom. It was my impression that he knew he would be fired. The only reason he brought Lee in was because Trump told him to bring two people and he was trying to protect the contributors from being fired. He knew Lee would not be fired so it was safe to bring him into the boardroom.

Posted by ctmgr66 on 04-04-06 at 10:55 PM
Bryce's message would have been far more powerful if he had chosen to not take anyone else to the boardroom and said, "I had final approval. I accept the responsibilty and it will just be you and me Mr. Trump"

It was a no win situation for him..he might as well have been truly noble about it.

Posted by janda3 on 04-05-06 at 10:15 PM
Does anyone remember 2 apprentices ago, the imfamouse Dial commercial (the cucumber & the jogger)? Both teams were horrible, Trump said no reward to either one, & there wasn't a BR, so no one got fired. In this case, if Trump had said that eventhough Arby's liked the other team's jingle better, you both did the job well, so no BR, it would have made sense. Instead, a perfectly good PM got fired only because there really wasn't any one else to fire.

Regarding Lee, true, Trump isn't legally allowed to fire Lee. But notice that even Lee said, "If you're going to fire me for not being there, then I'll accept it." As early as 50 years ago Jewish workers would get hired on a Monday, only to be fired from their job the following week because they didn't show up for work on Saturday, or had to leave early on Friday so as not to desecrate the Sabbath (which begins at nightfall Friday night & ends and hour after nightfall Saturday night). If Trump had fired Lee, he would have had every Jewish group on his back as well as the ACLU & the EEOC. Probably, Lee told them in advance about the Jewish holidays & they made arrangements for him (and for Dan the previous week on Rosh HaShonah)to go to synagogue to observe their holiday.

Now for those who don't know the Jewish Holidays, 3 days after Yom Kippur is another religious holiday, the holiday of Succos, which is the Feast of Tabernacles (This one lasts about 1 week, with certain days in between that work is allowed to be done) I wonder if EPMB will realize this & not film on those days to prevent Lee from being absent once again.

Posted by CattyChat on 04-06-06 at 11:22 AM
Does anyone remember 2 apprentices ago, the imfamouse Dial commercial (the cucumber & the jogger)? Both teams were horrible, Trump said no reward to either one, & there wasn't a BR, so no one got fired.

That's actually incorrect. Both teams were in the BR, Trump told them they both were horrible & no winner nor reward. THEN Trump had each team's PM select 2 people from their team for the BR while everybody else was sent back to the loft. Kristin was fired as both of her team members said she botched the job that she was supposed to have experience at (directing). So yes, there was a firing following that debacle.

Kind Creation of ARNutz