URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 208
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who's your Final 2 * 2?"

Posted by Estee on 06-16-04 at 01:41 PM
It's not as if we're trying to call how the personalities will play off each other: this is just trying to think along with the scriptwriters. For our final pair of pairings, I think it's Tim vs. T.J. and Ingrid vs. Cami. (Anyone thinking Ingrid or Tim will fail to receive a necklace prior to the finale, please report to Briefing Room A.)

No idea as to boot order, except that the official game end of our stalker probably isn't the end of his appearance in the script.

(Also really looking forward to seeing what they trot out for the families of -- huh. What do we call the Bachelor and Bachelorette? How about 'The Mattels'?)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who's your Final 2 * 2?"
Posted by Deonna on 06-16-04 at 01:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-04 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

I am glad you asked that. I would like to go on record as saying I believe that in the final Austin will pick Piper and vice verse. Leaving our Schmoes with their mouths hanging open.

Deonna

Ok, I am heading to briefing room A now.

Posted by Estee on 06-16-04 at 01:58 PM
...wow. Now that's a possibility. I can easily see the Mattels (taking it on a test run) deciding to form a Barbie & Ken two-pack.

Of course, I can also see our stalker kidnapping Piper so that she never appears at the final ceremony. Austin then goes out looking for her and takes a bullet during the climatic shootout...

(One day, a romantic reality show has to end with a shootout.)

Posted by Deonna on 06-16-04 at 02:02 PM
"Of course, I can also see our stalker kidnapping Piper"

Good one!

Deonna

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 06-16-04 at 07:04 PM
>(Also really looking forward to seeing what they trot out for
>the families of -- huh. What do we call
>the Bachelor and Bachelorette? How about 'The Mattels'?)

The parents look like they will be equally as funny, Spike Tv included some bio information about them in the screener and press kit that they sent me but I didn't bother to mention it in our news stories. Here are the descriptions:

“Joe Schmo 2” supporting cast members include:

• “The Swinger” – Dallas / “Father-In-Law From Hell” - Frank
Austin’s devilish dad, Dallas is bawdy, boisterous and ready to party. He’s an inappropriate father figure and a little too forward with the ladies, even if they are Austin’s “girlfriends.”

Frank is Piper’s dad. He makes Robert DeNiro look like Snuggles, the fabric softener bear. Franks makes Piper’s wannabe boyfriends wish they’d never been born.

Both Dallas and Frank are portrayed by Timothy Brennen. Tim has appeared in a number of hit comedies including Comedy Central’s “Reno 911” and the popular Fox series “MAD-TV.” He is a member of the “Groundlings Theater,” currently appearing in the Sunday Company.

• “The Doormat” – Lois / “The MILF” - Betty
Austin’s titmouse of a mother and wife of Dallas. Lois is a ‘Stepford Wife” if ever there was one. She’s under her husband’s thumb and devotes her entire life to serving her man.

Betty is Piper’s mom. Double the age, double the pleasure. She’s is very forward, quite flirtatious, doesn’t believe in bras and likes the pool guy an awful lot. Betty makes every one of Piper’s boyfriends second-guess his choice.

Both Lois and Betty are portrayed by Robin McDonald. Robin’s credits include roles on “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Friends,” and “Ellen.” On-stage, she performs with the “Groundlings Theater,” featured in the Sunday Company.

• “The Falcon” - Montecore
Though he strikes fear into host Derek Newcastle’s heart with every swooping “Falcon Twist” entrance, Montecore’s role brings a touch of class to the “Last Chance for Love” proceedings.

Montecore is portrayed by Ace. Actually a hawk, Ace has a wide range of acting credits under his belt. He’s appeared in “The Missing” with Tommy Lee Jones, and was featured in the Bud Light commercial during the Superbowl, fetching beers for his owner. He’s also been a special guest on both “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and “The Wayne Brady Show.”

• “The Frog” - Everett
Bryce’s cherished pet, he symbolizes the fact that within every frog resides the heart of a prince.

Everett is portrayed by Tyler, a smoky mountain bullfrog. Discovered at the local pet store, Tyler is debuting in his first acting role. Once filming on the series concluded, Tyler turned his back on Hollywood and asked to be released to the wild.

Posted by AugustGirl on 06-16-04 at 08:02 PM
Oh my goodness! Can't wait to "Meet the Parents".

And this? Everett is portrayed by Tyler, a smoky mountain bullfrog. Discovered at the local pet store, Tyler is debuting in his first acting role. Once filming on the series concluded, Tyler turned his back on Hollywood and asked to be released to the wild. cracked me up!

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

Posted by managerr on 06-16-04 at 08:54 PM
If they want to do the "surprise" ending like they did with Hutch winning last time, then you'd have to think the most unlikely choices to win are Bryce and Ambrosia.

However, after reading the "they pick each other" idea, that strikes me as the best ending. Not only does everyone's jaw drop, but also "no one" wins the 100K.

Posted by Neffer on 06-16-04 at 08:57 PM
I'll go with tim v. Bryce and Ingrid v. Cami
They know what brings the Spike viewers back.

Neffer
Fighting the Electronics/Rest of my Life conflict. To be announced MIA as soon as Halo2 is released.

Posted by ladro on 06-20-04 at 12:18 PM
My guess would be Cami and the Heir. But I don't think it is that critical. The way I see it playing out is that the "Bachelor" and "Bacherlorette" become increasingly unlikeable, thus testing Tim and Ingrid's ability to play along in order to win the prize money. The "bachelor" and "bachelorette" get caught in bed with one or more of the contestants, and they get caught doing some other undesirable acts "off camera".