URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 207
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Does Justin scare anyone else?"

Posted by I_AM_HE on 05-14-03 at 08:55 PM
he's got that Sideshow Bob hair, those slightly maniacal eyes, a funky mouth and nose...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Does Justin scare anyone else?"
Posted by Femme on 05-14-03 at 09:46 PM
Ewww. I never watched last season, but I have seen him sing twice now, and I have caught Tamyra only once (tonight) and snippets from Boston Public.

How... please tell me how he went farther in this contest than she did.

It's almost like he is the "Josh" of season one. Of course, I never watched it, so I'm only going off what I've heard him sing this season on the show.

Tamyra on the other hand... wow.

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

Posted by munson on 05-14-03 at 10:36 PM
Not quite, Femme. Nikki McKibbin was clearly the Josh of AI1.

Most of us who watched the first go 'round thought we'd see a Kelly - Tamyra final. If you think Josh's continued presence caused a stir amongst fans, this was bit a mere whisper compared to the outcry that followed Nikki sticking around while Tamyra was sent packing.

Justin seemed to get by on charm and style as much as talent. He had a trademark song, "Get Here," that he owned throughout the series. I think we heard him perform the song at least three times. It's the perfect song for his voice.

Just keep reminding yourself that this is a popularity contest, not a talent show. If you do, no result is truly surprising.

Has anyone else heard the Kelly - Tamyra duet on Kelly's CD? I love Tamyra and think she's inmcredibly talented but listening to them go head-to-head like that, I think it's very clear that the right person won.

Posted by katem on 05-15-03 at 09:35 AM

>Has anyone else heard the Kelly
>- Tamyra duet on Kelly's
>CD? I love Tamyra
>and think she's inmcredibly talented
>but listening to them go
>head-to-head like that, I think
>it's very clear that the
>right person won.

I have, and it is the best number, in a surprisingly good album. Kelly does indeed outsing Tamyra. But then again, Kelly Clarkson is not know for being subtle when she sings.

Posted by katem on 05-15-03 at 00:26 AM
>he's got that Sideshow Bob hair,
>those slightly maniacal eyes, a
>funky mouth and nose...

Not only does he scare me, but he CANNOT sing to save his life. His performance tonight was horrible.

Then again Tamyra was not very good either.

Posted by managerr on 05-15-03 at 02:26 AM
Justin's two horrible horrible performances tanked any chance his CD might have had. Horrid, horrid, especially singing a song that Clay had just sung better. Those two songs are on his CD? Ugh ugh ugh.

I for one got soooo excited when Tamyra was introduced. But then she started singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow Again. And did horrible with it. Off pitch in the beginning of the song and a vibrato just like Carmen's. For those that didn't see Season 1, she is way better thant his.

Posted by smiley on 05-15-03 at 07:57 AM
I totally agree managerr

Justin's rendition of unchained melody didn't even come close to Clay's performance the night before. I was very disappointed.

Agree with Tamyra too. I think she could have done a much better job of singing that song. She seemed to be cutting all her strong notes short and it really disrupted the song.

Posted by Bebo on 05-15-03 at 08:27 AM
Justin's rendition of unchained melody didn't even come close to Clay's performance the night before. I was very disappointed.

You weren't the only one. Did you hear how quiet the audience was while he was singing? There was no energy in that room. I think the folks (like me) were completely underwhelmed.

It did help to give me some perspective. As I've been listening to folks cry about the drop-off in talent from last year, I think it was a wake-up call that we really did end up with a solid final 3. Simon was glowing before the announcement, because he knew it wasn't a situation like last year where Nikki had gotten farther than Tamyra.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Posted by BriarRosie on 05-15-03 at 08:42 AM
Justin gives me the heebie jeebies. I keep picturing Maya Rudolph on SNL doing that brief walk-on during Matt Damon's monologue.

And how many of you gentle viewers couldn't help but think,

"Clay's version the night before was MUCH MUCH better!"

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Posted by jkokoj on 05-15-03 at 10:01 AM
I loved Justin, Tamyra and Kelly from last year. I was very disappointed in Justin and Tamyra's singing last night. Truly nothing spectacular. Although, I believe Tamyra is very talented.

Posted by starshyn99 on 05-15-03 at 11:03 AM
I swear last night while I was watching I just kept thinking so are the producers trying to reinforce how much better this years final group is than last years. I mean, even having them sing the same songs!

Kim clearly outsings Tamara on Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Justin could not even come nearly close to Clay with Unchained Melodey. #1 rule in show business, do not sing he same song as someone else unless you can outsing them. These two did not even come within same timezone!

Posted by CLAYAIKENLOVER on 05-24-03 at 08:53 PM
>I swear last night while I
>was watching I just kept
>thinking so are the producers
>trying to reinforce how much
>better this years final group
>is than last years. I
>mean, even having them sing
>the same songs!
>
>Kim clearly outsings Tamara on Somewhere
>Over the Rainbow and Justin
>could not even come nearly
>close to Clay with Unchained
>Melodey. #1 rule in show
>business, do not sing he
>same song as someone else
>unless you can outsing them.
>These two did not even
>come within same timezone!

OMG , WHEN RYAN SAID JUSTIN WAS GONNA SING "UNCHAINED MELODY" ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME, I WAS LIKE OMG, CLAY JUST SANG THAT YOU IDIOT JUSTIN, YOUR GONNA MAKE SUCH A FOLL OF YOURSELF, AND SURE ENOUGH HE DID JUST THAT, YOUR ALL RIGHT, JUSTIN SUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AT IT, AND CLAY BLEW HIM AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUSTIN COULDNT EVEN HOPE TO COME EVEN A LITTLE CLOSE TO CLAYS BRILLIANT TALENT AND INCREDIBLE VOICE!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY. HE WISHES. HE SUX, HORRIBLE VOICE, AND HE COMPLETELY RUINED THAT SONG, BUT THANK GOD FOR CLAY AIKEN , AND I TAPED CLAY EVERY TIME HE WAS ON SO I CAN GO AND WATCH AND LISTEN TO HIM SING THAT SONG, AND HE WAS BRILIANTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON AND CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO HOTTEST, SEXIEST, AND MOST TALENTED MEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 05-15-03 at 11:26 AM
Have to agree with everyone here. I never did like Justin. Can't stand that he had to come back TWICE this time to sing (and very poorly at that).

Tamyra is beautiful and love her voice. She started out wobbly and DH and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I think she ended the song nicely though.

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-23-03 at 10:26 PM
I never saw any of the first season, but of course read the names "Justin and Kelly" a lot in other media. Never had heard either sing before this show.

And I thought, What is up with Justin? He is supposed to be good? He is supposed to be sexy? Yeeechhh!!!"

"You are getting very sleepy..."
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 05-15-03 at 01:23 PM
Sideshow Bob! LOL! He should get together with Shawna from Survivor, they have the same hair!

I was watching the show, and I heard Justin start to sing Unchained Melody and before I knew it I was fast asleep! He was so boring he put me to sleep!

I know Kimberly was voted out, but who else was in the bottom two?

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

"RE: You are getting very sleepy..."
Posted by Katiepops on 05-23-03 at 09:06 PM
It was Kimberly and Ruben. Amazingly enough the only one that NEVER went in the bottom 2 (or 3) was Clay yet he didn't win..Go figure.