URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2063
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"This show has the worst of the worst...where did you get them?"

Posted by Casandra on 03-22-06 at 02:25 AM
I use to like this show but this time they have the worst of the worst on it. Filled with snobs and do nothing types with no creativity whatsoever. The brain storming sessions seem to be minus a brain in most cases.

Sure Brent was a disaster, but he was right about them winning due to his antics. Isn't that sad? He tried very hard this episode to get them to change the graphics, which were horrible!!(Andrea they were awful face it!)Andrea as PM omg she was a disaster...Skeet shooting in a park with kids are you that dumb? Then plan B is to have a golf cart race? People crashing into each other? What type of 'on the job safety' have you looked into lately? I guess with your stickers company its not an issue, but I do hope Donald has more sense. And she won that round? OMG what a sad state of affairs.

As regards to Brent, he is a lawyer, he is not stupid, he saw through their need to undermind him. Unfortunately, he has terrible ideas and having been treated like a child tended to act like one. I don't think he has a filter in his head to sift out the garbage ideas, he has no eye for marketing at all, but he does have an eye to when things are desperate and will do anything to go for the win. Unfortunately, again his choices are just nuts. The Bathrobes idea wasn't even his and he acted the insane man to attract people and did get the calls they needed, but what a way to drum up business!! I never saw anything as stupid as that. And yet no one else had any other plan!! Doesn't that dawn on Donald the obvious lack of talent this whole team has?

Furthermore,if my colleagues continuously tried to stifle me and undermine me, then I would have tried harder to garner their respect in a mature manner, and I think Brent did try to appeal to them privately, and with some hope of reconciliation, but they would have none of it. Did anyone think to tell him he is not very good in general administration? Perhaps he could have done some legal work lol like advised Andrea with regard to on the job safety?? He was totally out of his element yet he was no worse then the others. And that says it all.

They lost respect with me on so many things too numerous to mention now, all of them, including Donald, because I was not for Donald firing Brent alone. The whole team should have gotten the boot. That gang mentality that has totally made them all completely incompetent, uncreative, and with or without Brent they are a disaster. I thought Donald would see through the mess...guess I was wrong.

The only one on either team to show anything remotely employable is Lenny. He totally took over when he could, and got things done,when he was in his area, which appears limited, but he got the team to victory when in his element. He worked hard and Bill thankfully saw that even when they did lose. Yet Lenny is rude and arrogant and won't work easily with anyone...

I can't help but wonder at the screening process used for this show and possible apprenticeship. Just making a million selling stickers can't be it surely? (Some sticker queen that thinks she is gods gift and who we would all like to tell where she can stick her stickers lol) Can't be the criteria surely? Look at the rest of the candidates though who do you chose? The most uncreative Mensa person ever seen, some wanna be englishman model who has no ideas whatsoever or some man who can't do a presentation and has nothing else to offer up? How do you end up chosing a large group of people who can't come up with an idea to save their lives and never has a plan B that is worth a hill of beans? This show sucks for talent where did you get them? Should the screening process not involve some hint of working in groups?? Some general administration degree is required and none of them seem to have it. Only administration students are taught all areas marketing, finance, working with teams, etc., all things necessary to run a company. Why keep picking lawyers who are so limited in this area, and millionairs that made their money from some silly product they lucked out on, like Markus and Andrea? I shudder to think how these people got rich, maybe by hiring talented people? It sure can't be because of them? Ask Markus and Andrea and the like who their righthand man is at their office, and steal THEM, because if he made this bunch millionaires, thats the one that deserves this apprenticeship! That must have been some miracle worker!!

Give the job to Bill again hasn't been a good one since him really.

Cas

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: This show has the worst of the worst...where did you get them?"
Posted by tinkerer on 03-22-06 at 11:50 AM
Good post, many accurate observations.

I slightly disagree with you about the quality of Brent's ideas, because even a concrete idea which is not chosen forces the group to come up with concrete ideas which ARE acceptable. And if there is one thing in short supply on both groups, it is concrete ideas.

Even though I have not seen all the Apprentices, I must say that both teams spend more time in aimless, general discussion in their "brainstorming" sessions than any of the other Apprentices I've seen.

I especially like your observation about Andrea. Her path to success seems to be due to stumbling across one tiny previously ignored niche than any particular business genius. Trump is looking for actual business people-people who can take conventional ideas, execute them well, and make them work. Andrea's experience really isn't that at all.

Posted by dafnaf on 03-22-06 at 05:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-06 AT 05:37 PM (EST)

I agree with you about Andrea.
She got rich from other people's stupidity. I've checked that website of hers, you get to design your own sticker for a lot of money (100 stickers for 90$), when you can do it yourself almost for free.
Its sad, really.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-23-06 at 09:49 AM
Although i agree that this cast could be better. I think that it is still improved from Book Smarts verse Street Smarts. That cast was better suited for MTV's Real World. Burnett does not get it with this show. JUST CAST the 16 most qualified....I think the show would be so much better....you would have a real competition adn people would contine guessing all season long on who will get hired. I mean I can go down the list of candidate and start eliminating almost all of them this season.

"Gotta agree with you again, Wacko"
Posted by singer on 03-23-06 at 12:28 PM
You hit the nail on the head here.

In another post, I mentioned that last season was a low point for me, but the Book Smarts/Street Smart season seems to have been a disaster for everyone who watched it. I think that this is because the premise of that specific competition was stupid and the contestants were pretty bad.

A solid group of contestants would improve this show immensely. (Firing Mark Burnett would help, too.)

--Singer

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-25-06 at 04:55 AM
Burnette can't just pick the most qualified people because the most qualified people have better things to do.

The people truly qualified to do the job of "The Apprentice" are too busy already being an executive or running a successful business therefore can't be bothered with auditioning for some silly game show.

I always wonder to myself that if these people are so successful in their everyday life why would they leave that for a reality tv show. I mean Andrea is supposedly a millionaire. Why oh why would she want to work for Trump making 250k when she's got her own business and millions in the bank?

Posted by tinkerer on 03-27-06 at 11:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-06 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

>I always wonder to myself that if these people are so successful in their everyday life why would they leave thatfor a reality tv show.

I mean Andrea is supposedly a millionaire. Why oh why would she want to work for Trump making 250k when she's got her own business and millions in the bank?>

Two good questions. I'm going to hazard an answer.

A. I believe the salary is $500,000, not $250,000. That's a lot. The average age on the show seems to be between the late twenties and early thiries-there are a few slightly younger and older. That is a lot for people just 10 years out of college. I know-we've all heard of some who make more. But that is still a huge income.

B. There have been several contestants who were supposedly millionaires on the show. Why would they do it? First, there's fame, which could be turned into financial opportunity itself.

But I think the real reason is: business contacts. Trump works in the Manhattan real estate market, where the money invested and profits reaped are huge. The salary won't give them much to invest with, but they will get to work with people who are in the business of building skyscrapers. Many investors started out as just salaried people who showed their worth, whom bit by bit got a little piece of the action and became investors themselves. I'm guessing that is why millionaires would want Trump's half a mill job.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-27-06 at 03:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-06 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

My post and my reply is addressing the millionaires on the show not the regular folk not already making the income Trump is offering.

If real estate investing is all they want then they really aren't the cream of the crop as far as business goes. Because if you got millions you can find some folks very happy to do business with you. So that can't be the reason.

I know many previous contestants simply want the opportunity to meet Donald Trump. For many of the contestants he is a hero and an inspiration. So being able to meet him and learn from him is a motivating factor.

For others I believe the 15 minutes of fame is a big motivator.

"Good post, Casandra, and welcome..."
Posted by singer on 03-23-06 at 12:39 PM
You make total sense to me. The only thing I would add is that Bill ended up doing less well in the real business world than Kwame, who has become a billionaire real estate developer since Season 1. Kwame wasn't as good at Apprentice game show, but he's done well elsewhere.

A strong case can be made for the idea that the calibre of candidates was better when the show was new.

--Singer

"RE: Good post, Casandra, and welcome..."
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-23-06 at 01:33 PM
Season 1 had the best contestents.

I would say my ranking (based off of contestents) was:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 4
Season 5
Season 3 (Book Smarts vs Street Smarts)