URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2062
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"NYC Prep?"

Posted by MrGoodTimes on 06-24-09 at 02:25 PM
No love for this show? It's so awful it's FANTASTIC.

I can't find it anywhere on these boards. Can someone help? Or should I start the category?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: NYC Prep?"
Posted by jbug on 06-24-09 at 03:23 PM
You just did - start the category that is

have never heard of this; when is it on; what is it about?

Posted by MrGoodTimes on 06-30-09 at 01:45 PM
It's on Bravo, Tuesday at 9:00 Pacific/Eastern.

It's about seven or eight (I lose track) horrible, spoiled, brainless kids living in NYC. Well, one isn't brainless; she's trying to get into Harvard and she's about to explode from the pressure. It's a glorious train wreck. I can't wait to see where these kids end up in 10 years.

The official site says:

NYC Prep chronicles the lives of a group of privileged teenagers who are key players in Manhattan's elite high school scene. Students who travel in packs – whether it's on sophisticated vacations or to a townhouse for an exclusive midnight party, their lives intertwine as they network, shop, party, study, date and write college applications. Everyone's beautiful and everyone's connected.

On the surface, it seems that these teens live an enviable life. They have access and privilege to spare, and can't imagine that anything or anyone, will get in their way. Over the course of the series, we'll see them on the benefit circuit, viewers will get to know their families, their entourage (trainers, college application advisors, stylists) and their guys/girls of the moment. But privilege has its price. Despite their carefree lives, the pressure of lofty expectations can sometimes be too much for even the most confident teenagers.

Posted by Tahj on 07-07-09 at 11:36 AM
It's kinda like Laguna Beach only in New York. It's fascinating to me how those uber rich kids live. Plus, a couple of the guys are cuties even though they are basically idiots. They all think they are so entitled.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Agman2 on 04-05-16 at 10:39 AM
Bug? You actually replied to this?

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:30 PM
So did we

Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-07-09 at 05:04 PM
It's a drinking game....how many times will Sebastian flip his hair????

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 07-08-09 at 02:52 PM
>It's a drinking game....how many times
>will Sebastian flip his hair????
>

Having seen only a little of the show so far, I think you'd pass out before the show was over, haha.

Posted by fedcamper on 07-22-09 at 04:31 AM
And a little betting pool ont he side- how long until P.C. reveals/figures out that he's gay? Why does he like that faghag friend of his so much? She totally dominates him ala Jon & Kate and she is butt ugly to boot. Very Strange.

Posted by Tahj on 07-23-09 at 03:02 PM
I don't think it's strange at all. They've been friends since grade school, after all. I think it's strange that you think it's strange. I'm really getting into this show and Jessica is one of my favorite characters. She really stands out. She's strong and smart and knows who she is at such a young age. I like P.C. too. He comes across as an arrogant A-hole a lot but I see more depth and character in him. P.C. said he considers himself a metrosexual, meaning he's straight with a gay man's style and taste. He's also said he's comfortable being around gays and the gay lifestyle. If he really were gay, I don't think he'd have a problem at all saying so.

It's a Tribe!