URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 2060
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelorette Desiree-Hometown Dates"

Posted by Round Robin on 07-15-13 at 01:59 PM
I won't be doing commentary on this ep., because I won't get home till well after they start tonight. I'm hoping to get home in time for her evil brother's appearance. Post your opinions here, and any interesting occurrences.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelorette Desiree-Hometown Dates"
Posted by Ants on 07-15-13 at 10:08 PM
1. Des admits that her brother 'ruined' things for her with Sean. On a recent blog, she said that, "He saw that Sean wasn't right for me." Now, she admits that he was a bonehead who screwed things up for her.

2. At the end with CH, she says that Brooks might be the one.

Can't wait for the MTA next week. The guy with the girl friend back home has the balls to show up, apparently. James Mikey and Ben will be there. Gonna be a blast.

"Dull as Dishwater"
Posted by CSHS79 on 07-16-13 at 12:00 PM
It's said you marry the family as well as the guy & I have to say Des made a big mistake last night. Based on families she should have ditched Chris. After all, for Chris's dad to put her on his chiropratic table on a first meeting ewww. Plus they are as dull as dishwater compared to the others. If Chris hadn't
made the Hail Mary Pass of I LOve You in Portugal he might be gone instead of Zach.

"RE: Dull as Dishwater"
Posted by Ants on 07-16-13 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-13 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

I liked Brooks' family. I'm still unspoiled, but she all but said it's Brooks who she'd pick. I can't see Zach as the next Bach. Chris or Drew, maybe. I could see Brooks as the next Bach if he's not sent home. looking forward to the MTA next week.

Poor Zach threw the ring out the window.

Posted by Round Robin on 07-16-13 at 03:01 PM
Now that all the bad apples have been tossed out of the barrel, the whole rest of the season is dull as dishwater. I love Des, she's beautiful and sweet, but after you get past the beauty and sweetness she has no personality. Not somebody a young good looking guy wants to look forward to spending the next 60 years with, and the remaining guys though all of them are nice guys, are not guys that a beautiful young woman, even a dull bland one like Des, much looks forward to spending the next 60 years with either. Hate to say it, but I think RS is right, there is little chance that Des and the guy she picks will make it to the altar, because they will find out how boring each other is and will mutually agree to end it a few months down the road.

Posted by Ants on 07-16-13 at 05:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-13 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-16-13 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

I never got the criticism of a contestant's personality. They said the same about Brad W. I don't think Des is as dull as ditchwater. What do people want, her to get up and sing and dance and maybe do a striptease? She has shown she's fun and impulsive and adventurous.

Anyway, the odds of her and her F1 of making it are not very good. That doesn't mean anything to me because that's how it is in real life. You meet someone, you date, then you break up, until you find the right one. This show isn't a guarantee for the right one. It's just a possibility.

tsk, the spell check is underlining ditchwater. It's a legit word. Wow, it *didn't* underline legit.

Posted by Round Robin on 07-17-13 at 02:47 AM
Dishwater and ditchwater are both legit words, and both are used in that "dull" expression.

Posted by Ants on 07-17-13 at 08:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-13 AT 08:37 AM (EST)

Yes, I know. The original expression used ditchwater, but it mutated over the past century and a half to dishwater. It's like Spirit and Image (an African saying for someone who looks just like someone else) became, with their accent in English, to Spi-it 'n Image, which became Spittin' Image.

Can't think of other examples right now, but sayings change (over time) as people think they're hearing one thing and then repeat it as something else.