URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 206
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Drama, shmama. I want to laugh."

Posted by newsomewayne on 09-09-04 at 08:13 AM
I've heard several comments on this board saying they like Season 2 people because of the interaction (read: conflict) between the memebers of the house. Pshaw. Drama belongs on the Real World, Survivor, and Big Brother. I'm watching these people to make me laugh, not bicker about who's more oppressed, blacks or gays. (Hint to Corey and Aint: It's not probably not racism or gay bashing, I think people just don't like you.)

So what am I saying? I guess I'm saying I like season 1 better because in the house, all they did was poke fun, crack jokes, and generally hvae a good time, while giving the audience something to laugh about. I mean, what's funnier, Dat Phan's 60 minute hide-n-seek game or Todd's attention song?

I, for one, really enjoy Rich and Dave's humor, especially Dave. It's not easy jokes to get (Gary) or something that the 25 to 35 yr. old "connects with" (John), but it is pretty fresh (read: original) and it does require thought and build-up to get the full effect out of it, something hard to do in two minutes.

So, do I have a point? Probably, but I can best summarize by saying "Go Season 1." You'd have my vote. If I voted.

It's kind of like science. It can't be explained.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Drama, shmama. I want to laugh."
Posted by vixie on 09-11-04 at 02:47 PM
Hey Wayne, thanks for the input. You are very clear in your comments and I "get" your position. Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree more. During season one, I found them to be much more mean-spirited than in season two and offensive. Although I loved the Hide N Seek thing at first, just think they carried it too far. I think Voss and Mordall are miserable people and that makes me uncomfortable, which in turn makes me not find them funny at all. But as is so often said, comedy is completely subjective. I love intelligent humor, dry humor, silly and stupid humor...but I just don't like those guys. I actually enjoyed Ralphie for the first time this week, tho, in fairness. He actually made me laugh for the first time. But that's about it for the season one comics this week. Tess was funny last week, but left me scratching my head this week. So there you have it!