URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 206
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"toni the "martyr""

Posted by santaslilhelper on 10-11-01 at 09:33 PM
is it me, or does toni not know the meaning of the word martyr, she kept calling michael a martyr. but a martyr is someone who sacrafices themself for someone else or a cause, michael sacraficed andrea! that doesnt make him a martyr it amkes him smart and ruthless. Toni is such an idiot i wished michael called her on that. Any thoughts?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"All I can say..."
Posted by AyaK on 10-11-01 at 10:34 PM
...is that martyr isn't the only word that Toni doesn't seem to understand. In fact, I wonder how a surgeon could ever have concluded that she gave "informed consent" before performing her boob job. Consent she surely gave, but informed?

"RE: toni the "martyr""
Posted by BimboKay on 10-12-01 at 12:42 PM
I smiled when she was using "martyr" during her TIRADE! Actually, I couldn't think of what word she wanted. Maybe "hero" could be inserted and work--not that he was a hero, but she was probably accusing him of trying to look good. I hope her intense therapy is paid for by the production company.

"RE: toni the "martyr""
Posted by deebo on 10-12-01 at 03:22 PM
It's not just you. She was so wound up and emotional when she was going off (what else is new)... it would have been a perfect time for someone to step in and give her a quick correction. Of course you would need a cool lawyer type to step in and start a cross examination... <ahem>

Now, she did try to make herself look like a martyr when she claimed that she was on Loser Island because she volunteered to leave for her best friend and most beloved companion/soulmate jeanette...

"RE: Toni the "Martyr""
Posted by BimboKay on 10-12-01 at 05:30 PM
Yeah...she played the martyr role (badly), but the viewing audience--because we see such a heavily/badily edited broadcast--considers her a manipulative liar.

"RE: Toni the "Martyr""
Posted by deebo on 10-13-01 at 01:28 PM
Toni TRIED to play the martyr role (unsuccessfully I might add)... what I don't understand is, why make such blatent lies when she knows that everyone will see how she really got booted? The tape doesn't lie. And, no matter who did the editing, how could she look anything but manipulative?