URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 2047
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelorette Desiree Opening Night"

Posted by Round Robin on 05-27-13 at 01:41 PM
Des meets 25 guys, maybe 5 or 6 of whom actually stand a snowball's chance in Timbuktu of winning her heart. Rumor has it that one of the others gets plastered and makes an a$$ out of himself and gets the ax for it. Why am I not shocked? Post your thoughts on Opening Night in this thread.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelorette Desiree Opening Night"
Posted by Ants on 05-27-13 at 09:55 PM
When Jonathon first walked out of the limo, I thought, "Wow, he's good looking." Then, he opened his mouth. Then, he put his foot in his mouth again and again. Creepy. Glad he sent him home.

I like: Brandon, Nick, Ben, Bryden and that yummy Juan Pablo. Who does Juan Pablo look like? Reminds me of someone. Can't put my finger on it.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-28-13 at 09:31 AM
Well, Reality Steve has his usual spoilers out, and he had Jonathan called right. And the guy he said would win did survive the first night. I will never understand why guys, and ladies, go on these shows and try these wacked out entrances and other off the wall things they do to get the lead's attention. That stuff never works, and sometimes it gets you booted right off the get-go. The winners almost always play it pretty conventionally.

Posted by Snidget on 05-28-13 at 09:50 AM
But being wacky makes sure you get a good amount of camera time the first day, and the first day is all you know you will get.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 05-29-13 at 02:21 AM
Yeah, the game is to stand out, but not to the point of getting booted....it's a highwire act. If I were a contestant...I'd be trying to mug for time in order to land on a magazine and hopefully land some cushy on air gig... who cares about love. You can meet someone attractive any day of the week at the beach, grocery store or club.

"Jonathan"
Posted by CSHS79 on 05-28-13 at 04:13 PM
IMHO,Jonathan wasn't wrong to want to get Des alone, alone time is key especially the first night. What he should've said if he was the last guy out of his limo was "Let's use this limo to take a drive somewhere quiet". Then later ask Des if she was ready to ditch all the other guys and run off with him. His mistake was radiating a sexual vibe way too early.

Posted by Ants on 05-28-13 at 09:57 AM
I just watched the intro again. I'll add Drew to my list. Good looking and I like him.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-28-13 at 12:58 PM
If you don't know the spoilers, it's probably a bit early to be guessing winners with 19 guys still left. Having seen opening night and the previews, I'd say that there are still some wackjobs to be eliminated, and there is still too much testosterone floating around, and despite Des having wanted Sean as badly as she did, I don't think an excessive display of testosterone is what she really wants. Most of these guys are at least studly enough to hold their own on that angle, but the question is, can any of them supply what Des wants when something other than testosterone is required? That's still an open question at this point.

Posted by Ants on 05-28-13 at 02:14 PM
No, I was saying that those are the guys that were appealing to me. I'm completely unspoiled. I don't wanna know until it gets down to the last maybe 4.

I hope Des gets as lucky as Ashley and Trista. I loved her dress. She looked striking. She really seems like such a nice girl. I wonder if Sean is watching and kicking himself for letting her go.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-29-13 at 00:07 AM
Well I'm not gonna spill the beans unless somebody asks. I figure if somebody wants to know what Reality Steve says, they can always go look it up. But if I didn't already know who supposedly wins, I wouldn't be trying too hard yet to pick a winner, because there are too many guys left and I don't know them well enough. A lot of these dudes are pretty similar, and Des will have to clear out some more of the dead wood before I can get to know the rest of them well enough. I just hope her brother doesn't scare off any of the good ones.

" What did it say???"
Posted by CSHS79 on 05-28-13 at 05:03 PM
Did anyone get a good look at the guy who came in with the writing on his suit? Yes Des axed him but just curious.

"RE: What did it say???"
Posted by Ants on 05-28-13 at 09:21 PM
That was Micah. Nice enough guy, but I wasn't impressed. Neither was Des.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 05-29-13 at 03:28 AM
Is it just me or is Desiree looking really good? I wasn't that into Sean's season. I think Desiree had me when she was telling how she grew up poor but with love--kind of a damsel in distress thing. I never understood what's the point of Reality Steve. We watch this things to be surprised... it's like someone telling you who won the superbowl or what happens at the end of Godfather 2.

The intro seems to suggest that some guys get into fist fights... I'm wondering if those guys get some jail time. If the producers are encouraging this, then it's getting a little ridiculous.

As for the best bachelorettes, I'm starting to think Ashley was quite the catch...and a better catch than Emily. Ashley was bubbly and cute and it seems like you could talk all night and not know where the time went. I'll wait till the end of the Desiree season to see what I think of her.

Posted by Ants on 05-29-13 at 08:08 AM
I liked Des all the way through Sean's season, and couldn't believe it when he sent her home. His loss.

I agree about RS. To each his own, but I want to see it unfold without knowing what happens. I liked both Ashley and Emily. I was so happy for Ashley. I hope Des gets so lucky.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-29-13 at 10:17 AM
I don't give a rat's a$$ about being surprised myself. I used to be that way but have come to regard an excess desire to remain unspoiled as somewhat juvenile, especially the way I've seen people react in the past when the beans got spilled about other shows. As for the fights, I don't even know who was fighting with whom, but rumor has it that there were a couple guys who genuinely hated each other to the point that ABC eventually had to bring in security to keep the lid on. I would suspect that this excess display of testosterone will not impress Des, and it is likely to lead to some guys getting eliminated earlier than they would have had they kept their testosterone in check.

Posted by jbug on 05-29-13 at 10:00 AM
On the back it said something like:
This suit designed by me.
I didn't catch what was on the front

Posted by Ants on 05-29-13 at 12:39 PM
It says, "Hi, Des"

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 05-30-13 at 00:57 AM
His Jacket looked like some kind of Black Dahlia taunting letter gone wild.
This seems to be the worst group of guys in Bachelorette history. I doubt Desiree's husband is in that room. After 15 guys passed by, she looked fairly disappointed. Usually the bachelorettes gush at how hot the guys are..but she only said something like it was interesting. Even the few that are good looking, there's always something wrong with them. At least Emily got to choose from a parade of hunks who seemed to have more going for them. Desiree could probably have sent 17-20 home that night.

I admit I'm enjoying this season. I find Desiree very cute...probably her laugh and smile... Weird how you don't notice a girl in one season and they spruce her up and suddenly she's the belle of the ball.

I do not know why I like reality tv so much! It's such a time waster!!

Posted by Round Robin on 05-30-13 at 09:05 AM
The lead, be it Bach or 'ette, could always send 20 people home the 1st night. In every season there are only 4-6 people who have a legitimate shot at getting the lead to pick them, and the rest are there for other reasons. When the producers cast any reality TV series, they always have to fill out a full length season even though only one person or one couple can win, and they pick some that are probable early boots, some that could go at any time, and some they're sure are contenders. All the producers are doing is trying to make TV that will get good ratings and make money, and there are only a handful of series whose producers are good at it, and as much as some of us hate Mike Fleiss, he's good at it.

Posted by Ants on 05-30-13 at 12:37 PM
"Weird how you don't notice a girl in one season and they spruce her up and suddenly she's the belle of the ball."

That's how differently people view things. To me, Des stood out during Sean's season.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-30-13 at 02:25 PM
I thought Des looked pretty damn good last season. Her personality might have been a little bland, but I wouldn't have kicked her out of bed for eating crackers. Des probably didn't stand out because the Little Ball of Hate took all the attention, but she compares well with the best women I know.