URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2033
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Chopping Block"

Posted by foonermints on 03-11-09 at 11:31 PM
I'm sure billions and billions of watchers have flocked over to this rather uninteresting, Ho-Hum show. Complete with quitters!
No pizazz as with Hells kitchen, and I don't know what Marco Boro Polo taught Ramsay, but it was probably how to go nappy-time.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Chopping Block"
Posted by Estee on 03-12-09 at 10:15 AM
I think we can safely say the student surpassed the master a long time ago. I would never eat anything prepared by Marco: I wouldn't trust him not to spit in it. His every move shows a total contempt for a world which doesn't worship him as much as he wants it to. This show was a testament to his ego. Do we need to meet contestants? Watch what's going on for prep work, customer reactions, hospitality, and the other elements that go into a successful restaurant? No, we're going to listen to Marco's monumental ego, which demands that capital letter titles follow it everywhere.

HK succeeded in the UK with this human shrew at the helm? Really? Because after this kind of first impression, I'll be surprised if this series makes it through one season.

"STICK IT, Farko!"
Posted by foonermints on 03-18-09 at 11:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-09 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Thats right. Stick that finger you've been giving your audience right where it belongs. No, although your mouth would be a plus, it needs to visit somewhere else first.
I hardly know who anyone is, and neither do I care. What was this episode? Home Improvement? Extreme Makeover? Endangered species being served to pretentious b!tches?
Can we all say "scripted", Farko?
Yes, we can.
AND please get a haircut, but not so close that it will reveal the snot-nosed-birthmark-of-entitlement on your scalp. It's ugly.
eta: Gee, I see you are on opposite Survivor tonight. THAT's a hard call.
Nothing but love ~foonermint

"RE: STICK IT, Farko!"
Posted by nazpink on 03-26-09 at 10:01 PM
My husband loves this show, I watch it once in awhile...with him.

Last night was a bit frustrating. One minute they are whinning that there's too much on the plate and the next they are asking where the food is at. I can understand different courses mean different sizes but it really didn't seem to be so much about that. Also, what was with that lady wanting so much tarragon? I'm not a chef but I certainly know that tarragon can be a strong and overpowering flavor. A little goes a long way. I don't know the chef seemed to get that too...the judge not so much.

"Cancelled .... "
Posted by WackeeChik on 03-27-09 at 02:30 AM
NBC yanks "Chopping Block"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090327/tv_nm/us_chopping

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – NBC is pulling cooking competition series "Chopping Block" from primetime after three weeks on the air, sources said.

The network informed affiliates Thursday night that the reality series starring renowned chef Marco Pierre White will no longer air Wednesday nights, as of next week.

"Block" will be replaced with repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." The "CI" episodes are repeats of episodes that have previously aired on NBC; the episodes that aired only on USA Network will still make their broadcast debut on NBC starting April 29, as originally announced.

"Block" debuted modestly March 12, then fell in the ratings with each episode. Sources said NBC plans to air the remaining episodes at some point.

"Good."
Posted by Estee on 03-27-09 at 09:47 AM
Maybe that'll take his ego down a notch.

It had been a while since my last kill...

"RE: Good."
Posted by krismiss2us on 03-28-09 at 09:58 PM
Glad to hear it's gone cuz it was totally lame. And the icing on the cake was the last episode with teh last couple who got fired or whatever you call it. She played the race card...END OF STORY!

"Thanks for the Intel"
Posted by foonermints on 03-31-09 at 08:38 PM
                Shut. Up. Marco.
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 06-03-09 at 12:28 PM
Per NBC - :
The Chopping Block returns Friday, June 19th, 8/7c

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

"New network motto:"
Posted by Estee on 06-05-09 at 10:20 AM
NBC: We're Cheap And It's Paid For

Posted by foonermints on 06-20-09 at 10:39 PM
OR: "The Turd Refloated" ..Kind of like boomerang garbage!
Guess who watched it?

I am KukulGod!
And I still can't think of anything more to say about it, as I look at the bowl TV. That Finger! It's there! It's baack! *shudder*

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 10:09 AM
???

"Winners: Vanessa and Kelsey"
Posted by foonermints on 07-26-09 at 03:25 PM
Why did he have to ship them out to Los Angeles? Do I have any idea WHO they are? Do I care?
no
no

I shall simply remember the big, ugly PONTIFICATING FINGER! In the last episode, he started to use both his fingers! Horrible, just horrible.
Bye bye! Don't broadcast again!

"RE: Winners: Vanessa and Kelsey"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 07-27-09 at 05:54 AM
I think they're from LA - therefore....deal with it!

"RE: Winners: Vanessa and Kelsey"
Posted by foonermints on 07-27-09 at 11:44 PM
No mention of their restaurant yet... if ever.

Keeper of the NoNiceGorn
Yah.. Fruits and Nuts!