URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 2020
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR7 and Tsunami"

Posted by VA Slim on 12-29-04 at 12:57 PM
Considering that India and SE Asia have been popular stops in past TARs, it is possible that TAR7 racers missed the Tsunami by only a week to 10 days. Thailand, Singapore, Maylasia, and Vietnam have been past race locations. Phuket Thailand, Indonesia and Sri Lanka would seem to be likely pit stops in future TARs. It will be interesting to watch TAR7 and then try to calculate how fortunate the race was in avoiding disaster!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR7 and Tsunami"
Posted by ARnutz on 12-29-04 at 01:01 PM
Oh my gosh! Could you imagine if they were caught up in it? Such complete devastation over there.

Posted by Tahj on 12-29-04 at 01:06 PM
I thought they weren't even going to start filming TAR7 until February.

Posted by eclair14 on 12-29-04 at 01:36 PM

Read this spoiler WARNING ... It's a spoiler

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/934.shtml

This message is wrote by a French Canadian and may contend some errors...Patience is advised !

Posted by fairyprincess on 12-29-04 at 04:11 PM
Oh my gosh, just yesterday I was thinking the same thing.....what is the timing here? Could it be possible that the racers may have been in that part of the world just recently??

Poor poor people over there.

Posted by VA Slim on 12-29-04 at 09:11 PM
Other spoilers had the racers departing the weekend prior to Thanksgiving in order to complete the race by Christmas. If they traveled on a Easterly route as all past TARs have done, racers would have been in SE Asia between 9 and 16 December. If they went on a Westerly route then they would have been early in December. In any event, it will be interesting to see the locales that they traversed.

I have a co-worker whose wife had relatives in the Indian Navy and were stationed (some with families) on islands off the Thai coast - all are missing.

Posted by okaychatt on 01-01-05 at 07:02 PM
<all are missing.

Oh my. Please ask your friend to let his co-worker know we are thinking of him and his wife. I cannot begin to imagine how it must feel to lose my entire family all at once. My heart aches for these people.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by tarfanINDIA on 01-01-05 at 10:12 PM
Thnx all for showing your concerne over all the Tsunami victims. As of now the Death toll is 150,000 and is likely to rise. It has been one of the major disaster in the recent history.