URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 2009
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelorette Emily-Finale and AFTR"

Posted by Round Robin on 07-22-12 at 05:25 PM
Well, tonight's the end of it. This IMO has been a sh1tty season, much less than I expected, and this format leads to boring TV when you get down to the last couple episodes. Next year they need to change the format some or at least shorten the finale, because a 2 hour finale just cannot be anything other than a crashing bore in this format. Post your stuff here till the left coasters have the chance to watch this crapola, or not, as the case may be. Cripes, even Harrison didn't p1ss me off this season, so you know it was a bad one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelorette Emily-Finale and AFTR"
Posted by Ants on 07-23-12 at 01:31 AM
I thought it was a great season. I thought most of the guys were handsome and nice. Emily's a great girl. I'm very happy for her and Jef. I hope it works out for them.

I'm glad she let Arie go before making him propose and then doing it. Felt bad for the guy, but that's what happens on this show. Only one of 25 gets the FR.

I'm glad that they decided to live in Charlotte so as not to uproot Ricki. Good move.

All the best to them.

Posted by qwertypie on 07-23-12 at 01:59 AM
*like*

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 07-23-12 at 02:27 AM
I have to admit I'm an Emily fan again!! Not that I ever "hated" her since I can't say I've ever really HaTed AnyOne..unless of course they huRt Me PerSoNally~physically, financially or publicly!

Just giving her credit for doing what's best!! For ALL involved!!

Don't like that she's sTiLL perpetrating the "I hate Kalon" bit but I think she rEaLLy believes she's doing Right. Which I'm just gonna blow off bc what good...??

To me Words (even jabs) are like Bubbles; bLoW them, they're there--then PooF, they're gone!! NEVER worthy of enough animosity to form a mob against One dude!!

What the ex-cast member in the green dress said (Deanna?), were my thoughts eXacTly!! GREAT job Emily!! Gotta give it up to you! And to abc; the fake-out..aWeSoMe!! Made a play on the playas..great job!! Spoilers SucK so>> <<

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 07-23-12 at 02:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-12 AT 02:47 AM (EST)

Jef looked tired--maybe he just wants all this to be over so the new trio can find or reach their Normal--or maybe it's because this New has thrown him for a Loop that he's not done spinning in.

Because of this I have to hope that Emily will realize that she can't make up with higher-energy for another person's low-energy. (You can in situations of depression-but this is not the case.) I hope she knows that Lows are necessary (in men more-so).. just means a "moment" is needed to de-stress. MEET him at his Low, don't attempt to bring him uP to where you (feel) you are. This is truthfully what You need As Well. The gold at the end of the rainbow doesn't have to be seen day 1..not even day 100... so let it be what will be. Give up the reigns some.. you don't have to control. Let be & the one best suited will step-up.

Follow his lead & just breathe.... this is the happily ever after..if you make it so.

Posted by Round Robin on 08-01-12 at 05:45 PM
As per the news section of this site, US Weekly is still spouting bullsh!t to the effect that the ending we saw was faked and that, while she did pick Jef, the ending did not really play out like we saw and they made Arie and Emily tape the ending we saw so ABC would have the ending they wanted us to see. US also alleged that Emily and Arie DID use the fantasy suite and it was edited out. US has had a lot of its stories turn up as bullsh!t before, and this stuff probably will as well, but if any of this stuff turned out to be true, everybody involved would wind up looking pretty bad.

Posted by earthlinkbab on 08-10-12 at 04:30 PM
Emily's unedited reputation was the cause of this season's disappointment. Oh, maybe the overly romantic dreamers among us enjoyed it, but us true reality fans knew it came across fake, like Emily turned out to be.

Posted by earthlinkbab on 08-10-12 at 04:27 PM
Emily disappointed. I thought she had class, and it took a spotlight to placed on her as the Bachelorette to expose her for who she really is.

"Does it really matter???"
Posted by CSHS79 on 08-11-12 at 10:14 AM
Does the Finale really matter? Of all the saesons of The Bachelor and Bachelorette we have only 2 marriages to show for it, Trista & Ryan and Molly & Jason. There are more successful marriages between the alumni who met and fall in love during alumni events.
The Biggest Loser actually made a joke during one Finale of theirs that they were more successful in connecting couples than The Bachelor/ette. They were speaking of the people who came on not with their significant other like in the couples seasons but people who met on the show. So in the end, isn't the clock ticking on JP & Ashley, Ben & Courtney and Emily and Jef???

"RE: Does it really matter???"
Posted by Round Robin on 08-12-12 at 03:23 AM
JP & Ashley will make it to the altar, I'm less confident about the others.

Posted by Belle Book on 08-12-12 at 04:08 PM
I think the odds of JP and Ashley and Emily and Jef making it to the altar are fairly good. Maybe JP and Ashley will have a better chance. The odds of Ben and Courtney making it to the altar? Not good at all!

Posted by Round Robin on 08-13-12 at 00:57 AM
I wouldn't sell Ben & Courtney short just yet. They are both about 4 aces short of a full deck, so they might actually make a pretty decent match.

Posted by Ants on 08-13-12 at 04:43 PM
Ben and Cntney also wanna keep that ring. They have to stay together for 2 years to do so. That's what I read. Is it true? I'd think ABC would be smarter and say that they have to get married and stay married for a period of time in order to keep that huge rock.

Posted by Round Robin on 08-13-12 at 06:59 PM
No idea what the terms of keeping the ring are, but though Courtney clearly started the Bachelor for publicity and fun and wanted to beat all the other girls, I think somewhere along the line she developed some real feelings for Ben, and that's why she went on the WTA and took what she knew was going to be a merciless beating, trying to save her image and their relationship. If she didn't care about him and intended to split permanently, why would she have exposed herself to public disapproval and the anger of the sore losers by going on the WTA? If she wanted out, she would have crawled into a hole of obscurity someplace and we might have never seen her again, and even a big rock wouldn't have been enough to lure her out of hiding. While I have no idea if they'll last, IMO Ben & Courtney have real feelings for each other and it's no slam dunk that they'll break up in the end.

Posted by Ants on 08-13-12 at 10:50 PM
I don't care either way if B and C stay together. I just hope she really did change for the better. I hope she regrets being so cruel.

Posted by Round Robin on 08-14-12 at 09:21 AM
I think Ben better regret his behavior on the Bachelor more than Courtney better regret hers. Courtney only needs to lay low for a while till she's been mostly forgotten, then she can go back to trading on her hotness till she gets too old. Ben has a winery to worry about, and if any potential customers thereof who have a choice of his wine or somebody else's remember how he behaved on the show and how he enabled Courtney to get away with her behavior, he might wind up a little lighter in the wallet.

Posted by Ants on 08-15-12 at 09:40 AM
How are Ben's wines selling? Is there any way to find out? I'd be interested in knowing.

Posted by Round Robin on 08-16-12 at 10:52 AM
I think it's a privately owned business, so there's probably no way to find out how the stuff is selling.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 08-17-12 at 11:19 AM
I think Courtney hides her insecurities with that schtick that she puts up. As much as she pretends she doesn't care what people think of her, I think she cares a lot and is very sensitive. I kind of miss Courtney....I think she would have been good on the Bachelor Pad...kind of stir things up a little.

Posted by Ants on 08-20-12 at 08:28 AM
I don't miss Ctney at all. Girls like that don't have insecurity issues as you suggest. They're very secure. She might have insecurity issues only after acting like a ##### on national tv, not before that, though.

Posted by byoffer on 08-17-12 at 01:27 PM
I saw this article in the Toronto newspaper a few weeks ago about Ben doing a wine promotion tour. Looks like wine is a serious business for him, and they must do okay to afford to travel and market their product.

Posted by Ants on 08-20-12 at 08:33 AM
Very interesting article.

"Their focus is on sustainability, and organic and biodynamic farming. The latter involves growing grapes in a completely enclosed ecosystem and practices such as using sheep to keep grass trimmed and fertilized, planting certain flowers to attract good bugs and repel bad ones, even watching lunar cycles."

"Emily sexting someone else"
Posted by mrc on 08-22-12 at 10:39 PM
*yawn*

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/22/report-bachelorette-star-emily-maynard-caught-sexting-with-another-man-by-tv/

A Slice of Manga

"RE: Emily sexting someone else"
Posted by Round Robin on 08-23-12 at 04:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-12 AT 04:01 AM (EST)

Don't have a link, but supposedly Jef and Emily put out a statement that said the US story was BS. Forget where I read that. US does have a pretty pi$$ poor batting average for truthfulness on this kind of crap.

"RE: Emily sexting someone else"
Posted by Ants on 08-23-12 at 09:01 AM
Of course, it's a bunch of crap. I don't believe it.