URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 200
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ingrid"

Posted by Rhiannon on 05-26-04 at 04:26 PM
So the woman in the office across from mine was just telling us about her good friend from D.C. Ingrid being the first Jane Schmo. I don't think I will be getting any good information though as she doesn't want to jeopardize anything. She did say that Ingrid is so sharp, smart, witty, and very funny. The description of her being up to anything is pretty right on.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ingrid"
Posted by erickman on 06-16-04 at 00:10 AM
you better belive she is sharp, they may send her home and we will be stuck with tim.

Posted by Beccarito on 06-19-04 at 12:47 PM
>you better belive she is sharp,
>they may send her home
>and we will be stuck
>with tim.

She's sharp as a tack. I also am concerned that they may have to evict her ... unless they keep her one. She could act better than most of the others on the show!

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 06-16-04 at 11:37 AM
I was a big fan of Joe Schmoe 1. I thought it was brilliat entertainment. The Schmoe was so likeable it was almost hard to watch. Of course I tuned in to #2. INGRID! I don't know what else to say. If I was this "Austin" guy I'd be screwed. I'd be chasing her for real. I am so ridiculously stuck on Ingrid. She, from the first ad I saw on the new "Schmoe", has struck me as awesome. So hot and Smart. No way can the show keep her in the dark. If she is deceived I believe it would be her own doing, by choice, to get her :15. No shame in that. I'd do the same.

Posted by Traces on 06-17-04 at 03:52 AM
I love Ingrid! I was kind of worried a female Schmo would ruin it, because girls tend to be rather unlikable on reality shows. But Ingrid rules! I'm so glad they found her!

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

"Ingrid ROCKS"
Posted by moonbaby on 06-20-04 at 09:10 PM
I just watched the rerun of the first episode. She seems to have a great sense of humor and seems pretty sharp. Is Schmo2 doomed?

Posted by mmm_link on 06-23-04 at 08:58 AM
I think she is a little too sharp. In episode 2 she said something like if "I am here to be humiliated, then I guess I'll just play along." After that line, I don't think her character was as fun to watch because everything she said thereafter may or may not have been genuine. It looks like she has more to say in episode 3. Maybe the producers should pull her aside and let her in on the joke (at least Tim is still stumped). She could be told to throw herself at "Cruiser" or something.

Posted by ladro on 06-23-04 at 09:43 AM
<<<she said something like if "I am here to be humiliated, then I guess I'll just play along.">>>

When I heard that, I came to a similar conclusion. From here on out there is nothing that the characters can do to shock her. She's not going to stomp her foot down and walk off the set, she is just going to play along. The only reason to keep her is because she is cute and looks good in a bikini (this is Spike).

Posted by erickman on 06-23-04 at 01:46 PM
><<<she said something like if "I am here to be humiliated, then I guess I'll just play along.">>>
>
>When I heard that, I came
>to a similar conclusion. From
>here on out there is
>nothing that the characters can
>do to shock her. She's
>not going to stomp her
>foot down and walk off
>the set, she is just
>going to play along. The
>only reason to keep her
>is because she is cute
>and looks good in a
>bikini (this is Spike).

if they tell her she would have to leave the show and get the money at the last show. she does not look like the type to stay and make fun of someone else.

Posted by Macadamia on 06-23-04 at 04:38 PM
><<<she said something like if "I am here to be humiliated, then I guess I'll just play along.">>>
>
>When I heard that, I came
>to a similar conclusion. From
>here on out there is
>nothing that the characters can
>do to shock her. She's
>not going to stomp her
>foot down and walk off
>the set, she is just
>going to play along. The
>only reason to keep her
>is because she is cute
>and looks good in a
>bikini (this is Spike).

Actually I like the fact that she's causing the producers to squirm.

Posted by mmm_link on 06-24-04 at 03:25 PM
That would be very funny if someone above the producers level told her about playing a joke on everyone (producers) else.

I thought the game of staying in one position and one of the girls had such an easy position to stay in was hiliarious.

Posted by Loree on 06-23-04 at 03:39 PM
Ingrid feels that something is not right. But she still hasn't figured out they are all actors but her and Tim. She honestly felt sorry for Bryce and Eleanor. She wouldn't be feeling that way if she thought they were actors.

Posted by ladro on 06-24-04 at 01:07 AM
<<<She wouldn't be feeling that way if she thought they were actors.>>>

It is implied from the editing that Ingrid made the "I'm just going to play along" comment prior to the grape stompping competion, and if that is the case you have a good point. But, I am inclined to think that Ingrid came to her conclusion (and made her "play along" comment) after the Grape stomping and eviction cermony.

I am further inclined to believe that the only reason to broadcast Ingrid's "Truman Show" and "I'm just going to play along" comments is because Ingrid confronts the producers next week, and she is removed from the show.

Posted by mmm_link on 06-24-04 at 03:30 PM
I would have to agree with an earlier post in that she is too hot looking. The producers must have something else in mind other than simply cutting her from the show and paying her $100,000. Maybe they can rewrite the script for the other actors to ignore, ostracize, or agree with her that something else must be going on.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 06-24-04 at 01:10 AM
i've only seen the first episode so far, but i actually think she's kind of obnoxious :/

"Interesting"
Posted by Meemo on 06-24-04 at 04:25 PM
saw this little interview with Ingrid. I didn't think that they would allow interviews until after the show......

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/177764_moment15.html

Not really any spoilers, other than it doesn't sound like she left the show prematurely.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Posted by joannie on 06-24-04 at 05:21 PM
Maybe Ingrid gets eliminated, and a "falcon twist" brings her back.

Posted by Schmoron on 06-26-04 at 04:51 PM
She is smarter then the average bear. Why can't these actors actually pretend they are going through this, and experiencing it the way Tim and Ingrid are??? Then they too would laugh at the corniness, and it would put everyone at ease... The show is very tense... No wonder Ingrid doesn't believe it. Who could not laugh at that sh*t?

This show is hilarious... But I miss Matt. He will always be my one and only Schmo.

Posted by erickman on 06-27-04 at 08:53 PM
looks like ingrid leaves monday poster at sucks found a newspaper story about what hapens

"Did they link the article?"
Posted by moonbaby on 06-27-04 at 09:00 PM
If they did is it possible for you bring it here? Pleeeease?

Posted by Rhiannon on 06-28-04 at 04:46 PM
There is a twist Monday night, but Ingrid was gone for the entire duration of filming and her friend has a sneaky smile going on so I don't think Ingrid is gone, maybe just doing something different.

"Thanks for the info"
Posted by moonbaby on 06-28-04 at 07:07 PM
I guess I'll have to reconfigure the vcr or stay up late tonight to see what happens!

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 06-29-04 at 10:10 AM
This years cast is the problem. Last years victim was better, but the cast was performing on a different level. This season the cast is so separate and distant from the Marks. What happened? Ambrosia is pretty good, so is Bryce. The rest blow! Hey Rhiannon, please have your friend tell Ingrid I got her plane ticket and a place to stay when she gets here. Ingrid Rocks!!!

Posted by MegsSweetPea on 06-29-04 at 11:25 AM
I agree to an extent, I think they're all trying to be a tad too outrageous and too much the stereotype they're portraying. Last year Kip and Hutch were being extremes, but it worked because the rest of the cast was seemingly less outrageous most of the time. This year everyone is so over the top and always trying to play to the camera it's just not as believable to someone who is apparently so quick witted. I really like Bryce's character though. I think he's doing a great job and he totally has Tim fooled.

If you consider the "mistakes" that were made, only two have been made that were the fault of the actual cast and not the storyline/script. Cami stopping the story because of the camera and the actor telling her she was cast because of her agent have really been the only two slip-ups from the actors. Everything else has really been Ingrid's own prying. The speeches, ernie's interruptions not being reshot, ernie's gift being perfect, and cami's story in general were all part of the script. It's not the fault of the actors that she picked up on some of these things.

Ingrid is one smart cookie though - or so it seems. I still have a tiny spot in my mind with some reservations about her. Sometimes I feel like she's just a bit too perfect in giving the producers grief. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not ready to believe she's the perfect schmo she's being made out to be. Only time will tell, but my opinion on Ingrid is still up in the air.

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 06-30-04 at 03:05 PM
Hey Sweetpea, I am curious. What mistakes of this season do you attribute to script/storyline? I'd like to hear your answer. I was also referring to production screw-ups. Like the host saying the Barbie Doll's name in the blindfold cooking contest. That is also about the time I tuned out. It seems to me the cast needs to apply a more "method" approach to this job they got. Wouldn't that mean the cast would stay in character on and off set the duration of the shoot? It looks like they are always fighting to remember who they're supposed to be. INGRID ROCKS!!!-Rhiannon please touch the person who knows Ingrid for me. (Is that a bit psycho?)

Posted by MegsSweetPea on 06-30-04 at 03:35 PM
“What mistakes of this season do you attribute to script/storyline? I'd like to hear your answer.

Hrm I thought I said this but maybe I forgot. The only two cast related screw-ups, although we almost had three, were from Cami and the minority-evicted actress. Cami stopping her story while the cameraman fixed his camera was a huge mistake and Ingrid picked up on it. The 1-day actress told Ingrid she got on the show because she got a call from her agent. The other “almost a screw-up” moment was when Cami was talking about her boobs and spurted out “Ja….” She quickly corrected herself, and it didn’t appear Ingrid caught on, but you can never tell.

Everything else has really been Ingrid's own prying, in my opinion. The speeches, Ernie's interruptions not being re-shot, Ernie's gift being perfectly counted, and Cami's “Porked and Beans” story (in general) that really served no purpose, were all part of the script. It's not the fault of the actors that she picked up on those small inconsistencies from the story.

“I was also referring to production screw-ups. Like the host saying the Barbie Doll's name in the blindfold cooking contest.”

To be honest, I really didn’t see that as a screw-up on Ralph’s part. At first, I thought he had said Cami’s real name and she responded. But thankfully I reviewed and he had just said her name “screwing” the game. I think it actually worked even if it was unintentional. Austin really liked Ambrosia’s pie, but he still chose Cami’s salad. To me that just furthers the “Austin is really into Cami” storyline.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 06-30-04 at 06:18 PM
To be honest, I really didn’t see that as a screw-up on Ralph’s part. At first, I thought he had said Cami’s real name and she responded. But thankfully I reviewed and he had just said her name “screwing” the game. I think it actually worked even if it was unintentional. Austin really liked Ambrosia’s pie, but he still chose Cami’s salad. To me that just furthers the “Austin is really into Cami” storyline.

My take on it was that him saying Cammi's name during the sack/box challenge was also scripted to screw the game on purpose. They're really trying to push the Austin/Cammi thing down Ingrids throat as everyone else already knew who he would choose.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana is at hand.

Posted by ladro on 07-01-04 at 01:39 AM
I agree that Ralph saying Cammi's name during the eating contest was scripted.

Although they have broadcast the two obvious screw-ups already mentioned. I can't help but think that the tone of the show by itself is suspicious. For example, I am sure there are cameras on Tim and Ingrid virtually 24/7, but I would be surprised if there are more remote cameras on the other contestants. I wouldn't be surprised if Ingrid picked up on something like that.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-01-04 at 07:44 AM
That's a great observation. I wonder if the producers were smart enough to use some dummy cameras to follow some of the actors around just so that it would look like they're keeping tabs on everyone.

Somehow, I doubt it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 07-01-04 at 10:33 AM
How could anyone of sound mind believe screwing up the cooking contest was a work? Am I the only one who saw the panic and humiliation on Ralph's face? Immediatly he started concentrating on his ear piece hoping for a Producers' solution. The casts effort to appear pissed at the mistake may have been there only true moment of improv to this point. Just an opinion or two, I could be wrong. INGIRD ROCKS!!!

Posted by MegsSweetPea on 07-01-04 at 10:42 AM
Because the game itself is always rigged? Ralph is one of the only good actors (imo)? I think that's a testiment to Ralph if you honestly believe he felt humiliated. Personally it was the first time I felt like everyone was involved in the show. It's good to see the actors laughing at some of these ridiculous things. Before it was just Ingrid and Tim which didn't make the game "real" enough. Now they're losing up a little, having some fun, and realizing the true nature of the show (as the cast did last year). Standing there with blank stares on their faces would have been the wrong reaction. These people are on a "dating show" and the host just f'ed it up. Wouldn't you be disappointed? Wouldn't you expect the rest of the people there to be disappointed?

Again, regardless of whether or not it was scripted, it helped move along the storyline. It did nothing to hurt the actual show. Now if Ralph had called Cami by her real name, or something of that nature, then I would agree - it was not scripted. Austin chose Cami even though he liked someone elses food more than hers.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-01-04 at 07:11 PM
Ok...let's try this DUH?

There were many times during last seasons Schmoe show where Ralph made scripted errors and would lean into his earpiece for direction. He's the only one of these people that is expected to be an actor or have inside knowledge etc. If it were truly an accident and he wasn't supposed to have said it, then his tugging for his earpiece would have been just another signal to Ingrid now wouldn't it?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Macadamia on 07-05-04 at 10:08 AM
I was trying to figure out if Ralph's screw up was scripted or not too. I was looking at the the website (www.spiketv.com) and it seemed to say that it wasn't scripted.

BTW the website also has a blog and drafts of the online chats they do on Wednesday nights.

Posted by Traces on 07-01-04 at 01:59 PM
"Hrm I thought I said this but maybe I forgot. The only two cast related screw-ups, although we almost had three, were from Cami and the minority-evicted actress. Cami stopping her story while the cameraman fixed his camera was a huge mistake and Ingrid picked up on it."

I can't help but think that it was scripted. Ingrid caught on really early after the first pearl necklace eviction ceremony, but the producers didn't show how much until this week's episode. I think the fact that Cammy stopped her story while the cameraman reloaded the film was part of the climax for this week's cliffhanger. Cammy goes to Ingrid to tell her this outrageous story. The cameraman should know the deal, so why wouldn't he be more prepared? I know sometimes things go wrong but how freakin' convenient! How perfect that moron Cammy waits for the cameraman before finishing her story. It's kind of like on other reality shows when contestants reveal some deep dark secret that they have been hiding from their parents but decide to announce it on national television! It just goes so well with the parody I just have to think it was a set-up. It's so perfect!

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

Posted by Rhiannon on 06-29-04 at 04:33 PM
I am sure you are not the only one! My office mate spent this last weekend in D.C. with Ingrid and said that she was recognized everywhere they went. I will pass on the info though just in case.

Posted by toddE on 06-29-04 at 01:00 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking. The actors never react to things like "I can only manage three pearl necklaces, I wish I could do more" etc etc. Anyone would have to chuckle at such absurdity, but the actors play it too seriously.

Posted by escapedude on 07-02-04 at 12:36 PM
I believe this whole thing is staged including Ingrid..Tim is the only one I believe who is not involved..Anyone with half a brain can clearly see this is ridiculous and would laugh..Ingrid believes they are clearly actors..She is too smart to be on this show..Ingrids "character" is kept on for dramatic effect..(not to mention she is hot)!!

Posted by Rolven on 07-03-04 at 02:39 AM
>I believe this whole thing is
>staged including Ingrid..Tim is the
>only one I believe who
>is not involved..

Im thinking that perhaps someone above the producers may have hired her to make them squirm. Have an actress pretending to not be an actress in a show where everyone are actors. Keeps the producers squirming and pumps the show up quite a bit. To me she seems to be doing and saying to many things right.

The True Survivor formula, Rupert + Rob C. = Richard Hatch

Posted by 11Namaste on 07-03-04 at 06:16 PM
I know for a fact that Ingrid is not an actess. When I lived in Seattle my roomate Celene and I were good friends with Ingrid. Even though we lost touch a long time ago I would bet good money that she did not change careers and become an actress.

Posted by ladro on 07-11-04 at 09:43 PM
On of the women is scheduled to go next week. (E5). In order to get back to the original script I have to believe that Ingrid is the woman evicted.

Posted by erickman on 07-11-04 at 09:51 PM
>On of the women is scheduled
>to go next week. (E5).
>In order to get back
>to the original script I
>have to believe that Ingrid
>is the woman evicted.

or the weepy girl, they should have kept that ambro chick last week and ether sent ingrid on her way or booted the weeper

Posted by ladro on 07-12-04 at 12:18 PM
I think they were legally obligated to give Ingrid the $100,000, but I don't think they wanted to admit that, nor they want to seem cruel by kicking her off the show immediatelly. Hence they allowed her to stay another episode to give the impression that she was earning the $100,000.

Posted by erickman on 07-12-04 at 06:16 PM
>I think they were legally obligated
>to give Ingrid the $100,000,
>but I don't think they
>wanted to admit that, nor
>they want to seem cruel
>by kicking her off the
>show immediatelly. Hence they allowed
>her to stay another episode
>to give the impression that
>she was earning the $100,000.
>
yea i know i wish ingrid would have said no but i will take the money and hang out in LA for the rest of the week, but i think they are going to keep ingrid and dump the weeping chick

Posted by erickman on 07-13-04 at 00:39 AM
you got that one right they made her pull a fairplay and funked that up to the new jane allmost figured it out why did they not let ingrid leave last week

Posted by Original Jane on 08-09-04 at 12:25 PM
Hey there!

This is the original Jane Schmo, a.k.a. Ingrid Wiese. I wanted to post an e-mail thanking everyone for being so kind to Tim, Amanda and I this JS II season. We are all going to be watching the finale together in DC at Tim's bar and I hope you tune in, because there will be more laughs and more twists coming. None of us has seeen the actual finale so we are all a bit nervous. So much has happened since the show finished airing, that I feel like we have all forgotten where we were on the last night. I hope we wont be the only three on the edge of our seats.

And to Ms. Rhiannon--please say hello to Molly J. on my behalf.

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 08-09-04 at 02:14 PM
To the real Ingrid, Chic you rock and thank you for the many pleasurable minutes spent watching your performance.
Ingrid rocks!!!

Posted by Original Jane on 08-09-04 at 04:14 PM
>To the real Ingrid, Chic you
>rock and thank you for
>the many pleasurable minutes spent
>watching your performance.
>Ingrid rocks!!!

Thanks! I appreciate the support!!

INGRID

Posted by 11Namaste on 08-11-04 at 02:17 AM
Hi Ingrid

It's Eileen from Seattle ..... remember?

Wow what a surprise!!

I am sending you an e-mail through the shows website with my current info (address and e-mail) I would love to get in touch and catch up on life.

You did awesome and congradulations!

Love
Eileen