URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1995
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Marital Status"

Posted by SoSayI on 06-05-12 at 02:31 AM
Is anyone else getting the impression that some of the guys don't seem to know that Emily has actually never been married?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Marital Status"
Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-05-12 at 02:33 AM
WGAF?!??

Posted by SoSayI on 06-06-12 at 07:49 PM
I asked because it seems to speak to the nitwitiness of the guys she is stuck choosing from ~ seriously, who doesn't google a blind date these days? The fact that so many of them seem clueless about her makes me wonder if this season isn't going to be one of the biggest train wrecks in the show's history. SO ~ to answer your rudely hostile question ~ I do & I make no apology for thinking that perhaps others might as well.

Posted by Estee on 06-07-12 at 12:28 PM
Post-appearance interviews with previous contestants found that they frequently have no idea who the Bachelor(ette) of the season is until just before they show up. Fans of the show may have suspicions as to what and who they're applying for, but the actual verification often comes when you get out of the limo. Combine that with ABC's love of casting people who would never think to do the research in the first place, avoiding fans (many of whom would never put themselves through this), and the contract forbiddance to look things up while on the show, and you get your typical clueless cast who don't know if they have any attraction to the person they're asking to chase, have very little time with them to find out in, and will be dismissed if they show the slightest inclinations towards romance instead of drama.

Really, the lack of weddings produced by this thing is a total mystery.

Posted by Round Robin on 06-08-12 at 10:06 AM
You gotta remember that ABC doesn't and never will give a flying bleep about any of the people on these shows or about their welfare. Their only god is the almighty Ratings, Ratings, Ratings, and they will throw Emily or any of her guys under the bus to get ratings. After some of the $hit I've seen so far this season, I don't think those amoral t#rds at ABC even fear Ricki's filthy rich grandfather, and if they don't fear a multibillionaire who can buy or not buy millions of dollars in ads on their stations and shows, they are and will be completely out of control.

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-09-12 at 10:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-12 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Estee said: "Really, the lack of weddings produced by this thing is a total mystery."

A "mystery" really.. how long did it take you to get acquainted enough to marry your marital partner???

Think it's kinda nuts to think a healthy well-balanced marriage is even possible as a result of a REaLiTy ShoW!! ..actually more than kinda nUtS!!!

Plus, why would Emily want any guy who; after watching a reality show--edited & clipped together to serve their mass audience--became fixated on her believing "I'm the guy for her"?? You know what I'd call that guy; a crazed stalker!!! Anyone who thinks they KNOW a person bc they've watched them on TV---IS CRAZY!!!

If I were Emily, I would tell the ABC execs to keep those guys Far FAR away from me!!! And if any One of them put that on their application for the show--THEY'RE OUT!!!!

Nuts fall in love with television's creations, not Stable, Healthy & Mentally Fit for Parenthood people!!...someone needs to get their head out of reality tv's butt!!!!

Posted by Ants on 06-10-12 at 10:59 AM
Estee was being sarcastic.

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-10-12 at 10:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-12 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Well when you end bottom-lining like that (write a summation sentence) people are more likely to read only that..so maybe write it in a way that successfully sums up your point above.

Posted by Round Robin on 06-05-12 at 02:56 AM
I think a lot of these guys don't know Emily's back story. I do because she was on the Bachelor before, and I know about the Hendricks from years of watching NASCAR racing. But most of these guys never heard of Emily's dead fiance, and they have no idea Ricki's grandfather is a billionaire. If they knew that, I think some of them might run for the door. These guys aren't ready for that, that's for damn sure.

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-05-12 at 03:08 AM
That's why you know that... ok. I watched that same show. Must've missed the part where Brad discussed grand-dad's fortune...

Hmm, something smells here..... ooh & I think it's you RR!!!

Posted by Round Robin on 06-05-12 at 03:18 AM
You don't wanna know how bad I REALLY smell! And I'm a bit of an ugly old f@rt too, and rather thick around the middle. But I still get ahold of the occasional beautiful woman. Some of these dorks might never do any better with the women than I do, even though the worst of them is a far better specimen of manhood, and it's because as people most of them are no prizes. But then I'm not either.

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-05-12 at 03:48 PM
Alright RR, you won me over!! Self-depricating to get someone off your as$ is genius! I know bc I do it myself.

~Yeah, Venus almost in transit!!

Posted by thndrkttn on 06-06-12 at 07:16 PM
Oh.My.God. RR, I've been around these parts the better part of eleven years and I have always thought you were a peach!! You're a banana!!!

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-10-12 at 10:40 PM
Well I have to say again, wgaf?? Why should it matter?

Do you feel grand-daddy warbucks is going to entice them to fight for her harder? Are you thinking that if they knew who Emily was married to, they'd worry about being good-enough or well-known enough for her??

I'm having a hard time seeing why this info would mean a thing to the guys..??

Posted by Ants on 06-14-12 at 07:31 PM
"Are you thinking that if they knew who Emily was married to, "

Emily wasn't married to anyone.

Posted by Estee on 06-05-12 at 04:44 AM
Would you prefer them to shun her or just stone her as they pass?

Posted by DoinTomCruiseDance on 06-05-12 at 03:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-12 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

Nahh I'm good..besides if anyone did attempt a throw, I'd end up blocking, catching and bringing back logical reason..even if it was me who threw it out! So I'm good & off him!