URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 199
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Apprentice #3 Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 02-03-05 at 08:48 PM
Please keep all discussion about tonight's episode on this thread until those on the West Coast have a chance to see the thing. And if you're going to quit, please do so in the first five minutes. Some of us weren't planning on staying awake that long.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Apprentice #3 Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:02 PM
And the recrap of last week begins...

Posted by ohmyheck on 02-03-05 at 09:03 PM
Thank gawd Brian's gone!

"Let the recrap begin!"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:03 PM
Verna walks out. Chris acts like a moron. Brian says he sucks...blah blah blah. You're fired.

"Music!"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:05 PM
And Danny is playing his guitar and doing something that sort of resembles singing.

Danny: "I am really happy that we're moving ahead as the same team with Verna on the task...this is gonna be great...it's nice"

Everyone is stunned that Brian basically fired himself.

Michael: "there are no rules in Trump's boardroom"

"RE: Music!"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:06 PM
Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes for there to be an "Animal House" moment with that guitar?

Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:08 PM
Verna says her good-byes...

Posted by seahorse on 02-03-05 at 10:32 PM
Does Danny realize this is not American Idol?

"Verna ADIOS"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:09 PM
Danny's asking her if she needs someone to talk to.

Verna: "I definitely have the inner strength to stay...but I'm not feeling well"

Danny said he wanted to get everyone together to say that they're going to support her.

Erin (again wearing some piece of crap furry thing). She's talking like a baby saying "awwww...poor wittle Verna isn't feeling well...it's not kindergarten you don't get to sit out when you don't feel well

Michael: "I think Verna's fine...had a little of a breakdown. She didn't look sick at all to me"

Verna: I am still not feeling well, I've been resting all day. I should probably go ahead and go."

Bren: You're got to have a burning desire to be here - if you don't you're not gonna make it. She didn't have it

Danny is saying his parting words to Verna. She said "all the way' (or something like that)

Michael: I think it's BS that Verna quit. Sometimes there are situations that people are not used to being in. I think she has a lot ot learn...

"Erin's fashion catalog."
Posted by Estee on 02-03-05 at 10:09 PM
Erin (again wearing some piece of crap furry thing).

Today, to complement and enhance her entire bathroom wear concept, Erin will be modeling a fur-covered toilet seat.

How she missed being on Project Runway...

"RE: Erin's fashion catalog."
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 10:18 PM
Perhaps next week she will accessorize with one of those crocheted toilet paper cover things as a hat. Keeping with the theme and all.

"RE: Verna ADIOS"
Posted by seahorse on 02-03-05 at 10:34 PM
This will again put Magna at a disadvantage numberswise.

Posted by Fishercat on 02-03-05 at 09:09 PM
And Michael has now had more face before the first commericial break in Episode Three then he had in the first two episodes combined.

Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:17 PM
Michael's team is starting to get very annoyed with him.

""Lead with Authority""
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:13 PM
DT's words of wisdom

Something about never seeing a leader lead on consensus.

"RE: "Lead with Authority""
Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:18 PM
I thought it was funny the way Bill Rancic was sitting in the office looking around from side to side.

Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:15 PM
Danny tells Roanna on the phone that Verna left, that as a team they are sorry to see her go, please relay that to Mr. Trump. She says she's sorry to hear Verna quit, but please meet Mr. Trump on Times Square as soon as possible.

"DT/task"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:15 PM
"When we began I told you how tought this was going ot be...Verna couldn't hack it. She quit. In life, people quit...does anybody else wanna quit?"

"The largest food company in the world is called Nestle...today you'll be working with their premium coffe brand, Nescafe...$75K from Nescafe to create a marketing campaign. There's no reason why your ideas shouldn't be big."

"Danny PM for Booksmarts"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:17 PM
Bren nominates Danny for PM because of advertising/creativity angle

Erin - suggests a coffee mug costume?

Michael - talking about European models.

Stephanie - Michael pretty much sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Danny - Michael is like "this is the best idea ever"

Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:17 PM
Bren nominates Danny as PM for Magna, he accepts. Michael is pushing for beautiful European models in the ad. Danny diplomatically shuts him down.

Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:20 PM
Magna is coming up with NOTHING.

"Net Worth"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:19 PM
Angie volunteers as PM for Net Worth.

"Street Smarts"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:19 PM
Angie is PM

Tana says "she'll do a good job if she can keep it cool keep it real...and not have a nervous breakdown. She gets panicked.

They're planning to give away $5000 and do some sort of America/patriotic/election theme "you have a choice"

"BookSmarts"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:22 PM
Stephanie says there's chaos - Stephanie is talking to an event planner.

They are talking to one and Stephanie says they have no campaign and can't give the event planner any info as a result.

Alex - Danny waited too long to make decisions (gee I wonder who's going home tonight) - DT's words are ALWAYS foreshadowing to the loser

Danny is really sucking - totally unorganized, have no plan, yet they have an event planner now (they voted on it, then Alex said "no Danny, you need to make this decision")

Everyone is saying how much Danny's sucking as a leader because they don't have ANYTHING.

"RE: BookSmarts"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:25 PM
They finally agree to pay $47,000 to an event planner to do everything. (With what? They don't have an IDEA yet.) That had better be on heck of a party!

Stephanie DR's that Danny waits until the last minute to make a decision and isn't organized.

"Commercial break - WTF?"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:25 PM
DO you have what it takes to be Martha Stewart's apprentice? yes, Martha Stewart (cue Apprentice logo) - log on to NBC...wtf

"RE: Commercial break - WTF?"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:26 PM
But, does she have to style her hair like DT?

"Martha Stewart?"
Posted by kidflash212 on 02-03-05 at 10:54 PM
Is she even out of prison yet?

"Magna"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:29 PM
Talk about giving away Ipods, you always see people with earphones and coffee. Michael still wants models and give away something else.

Michael - "people with money don't walk, they drive". First visit to the Big City?

Next morning, Michael doesn't want to go work.

"Book Smarts"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:29 PM
They're still not sure what they're doing.

Bren came up with the iPod idea...

Danny says "

Alex: what if we gave an iPod away ever 15 minutes...10 minutes.

Michael didn't like it because of his one big idea

Stephanie says Michael is acting like a child - he shouldn't just fly by because he has exemption.

Danny: "if you needa timeout in the corner, let me know". Mike, stop talking about the promotion.

Michael: the last person you want to fluster is me, I promise you that (I know I didn't like this jackass)

Bren: Danny and myself are working our a$ses off. And Michael comes in and tells him to get up. Michael is threatening Danny and calling him names. Bren said it was ridiculous.

LMAO Bren draws a basket with Task #3 in it with an arrow pointing down

"Michael"
Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:30 PM
Michael is sitting in the room with a platter on his head. Everyone is angry with him and says he doesn't want to help because he has the exemption. All he wants to talk about is using good-looking women to sell coffee. I think Michael is bored.

"Street Smarts"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:30 PM
Man, their campaign started off looking pretty bad when no one was stopping for the drawing, but this is kinda cute. They are doing a debate-style thing with "which is better hot or cold coffee". It was cute and everyone loved it.

"Net Worth"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:30 PM
Mock political debate - Hot Coffee or Cold Coffee. One of the guys (which one?) screaming about $10,000 giveaway. Uncle Sam is there. I think I heard George giggle.

"BOok Smarts"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:32 PM
Plan is to give away an iPod every 15 or so minutes so they can always have people around, a new crowd.

Danny says he gave Michael menial tasks because he can't do anything else

Michael says he thinks he's filling his role well. Anyone could have done this campaign, it's nothing special.

Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:34 PM
Nestle folks meet with the teams.

Magna - great event, no great idea that tied things together.

Net Worth - also good event, showcasing hot and cold coffee.

Winner - Net Worth, good idea, showcased product.

Reward - trip around Manhattan on a helicopter. Champers for those who don't get airsick.

"Results"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:34 PM
This one is not gonna be close (IMO)

Danny said he thinks he did fabulous and that they won
Angie said she couldn't be more proud of their group

Magna did a great job on delivering our premium brand message but there was no idea that tied it all together for consumers

NetWorh did a great job of offering the coffee...had a very creative idea that "really nailed it"

Net Worth wins. Angie is exempt

Reward: going on a brand new 12 seater helicopter circling Manhattan - having champagne. Okay, these rewards are CRAPTASTIC.

"No Surprise"
Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:36 PM
It was no surprise that Magna lost. They were really focusing on their team and we hardly saw Networth. A good indicator of who is going to the board room.

"Pre-Boardroom Talk"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:41 PM
Yet another example of an exempt candidate (Michael, former PM) coasting during the task.

Magna decides to ask Trump to define "exempt", look for loopholes and fight the battle to have Michael fired.

"Helicopter"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:36 PM
OOooohs and Aaaaaaaahs...

Chris "we conquered over a team that has a collegiac (that's what he said" education" - good thing for Chris, the Apprentice doesn't have a Verbal SAT requirement

"RE: Helicopter"
Posted by tamarama on 02-04-05 at 10:08 AM
>>collegiac<<

True -- but earlier, Michael (with said collegiac education) said "mediocracy."

Oy.

"Meanwhile...back at the ranch..."
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:41 PM
$73K blown on 6 hours worth of work.

Michael: Danny was the mastermind behind nothing

Erin: Michael sat back and did nothing - he has no integrity - Erin says to Danny that they should talk to DT to see about whether he can give up Michael's exemption.

They ALL agreed that Micahel doesn't deserve exemption and they're going ot plead their case with DT

"RE: Meanwhile...back at the ranch..."
Posted by Estee on 02-03-05 at 10:16 PM
What's getting me there is that they pulled a Clinton. "We're going to go in there and argue the definition of 'in'." Too much legal training on the team, too little debating skill. They should have pumped up Michael's ego and made him think he could give up his exemption in a show of confidence without a chance of being fired.

Then again, Michael's ego may not have had room for any more pumps.

"Board Room"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:46 PM
We understand that there is an exemption.

DT: he does have an exemption, we live by rules.

Erin: arguing from a legal standpoint that there is always a 'loophole' basically.

Stephanie didn't like Danny's decision-making. "I wish the decisions were made more promptly.

Bren: the biggest responsibility for the loss is Danny. But I would fire Michael.

DT: you think he's so bad that we should violate a certain trust

George asks why didn't you tell him to leave?

DT making fun of Danny's leadership.

DT is letting Danny bring Michael in the board room - Danny also chooses Stephanie

(sorry - I kept missing bits and pieces of stuff...)

"RE: Board Room"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:49 PM
Erin made a pretty compelling, cohesive (if not overly legalese) argument that Michael's exemption should be waived, in that, if I followed her, he violated the spirit of the exemption by undermining the team. DT didn't interrupt her - amazing.

Danny asks if Michael could be fired if he brings to boardroom. DT doesn't know if he can bring Michael since he has exemption.

Danny chooses Michael and Stephanie.

"RE: Board Room"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 09:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-05 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

DT asks whose decision to hire party planner. Thought Stephanie was going to wet herself, but she spoke up and said it was she.

(trying to fill in some of the holes. things were happening fast.)

"Boardroom"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:54 PM
Carolyn: rules are rules, Michael is exempt. Bringing in Michael was a bad idea. Danny can't lead.

George agrees with Carolyn.

DT: I have some strong feelings on this one, let's see what happens

DT: Michael, they do not like you. Did you do badly because you were exempt or because you're incompetant?

Michael: I gave theh best ideas, I gave my all. Michael said he objected to the contract (he did not, as far as I can recall)

Stephanie: neither one are good. My thing is if you are going ot sign over $50K - you don't take a vote.

DT: Michael do you think you should be fired? I think you did a terrible job.

Stephanie, I believe you are better than I thought. Everybody seems to be of the opinion that getting hte planner was a good idea. You just wanted it sooner rather than later. I don't think you have to worry about being fired right now.

DT: what I hated more than anything else. You chose one person who was exempt. Michael was terrible but Michael was exempt. I have to live by the rules. Danny you're fired.

"Bye Bye Danny"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 09:55 PM
DT: Danny's a good guy, I like him a lot, but he could not make a decision.

"RE: Bye Bye Danny"
Posted by Loree on 02-03-05 at 09:56 PM
Another male fired.

"Cab Ride"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 10:00 PM
Oh please help me, Danny is singing his final words. Next on American Idol...

"RE: Cab Ride"
Posted by Estee on 02-03-05 at 10:18 PM
I actually demi-kinda-sorta liked it, if only because it was the last time I'd ever have to hear it. (Note to entire board: beware of reunion show.) I wonder how long it took to plan out the lyrics?

"RE: Cab Ride"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 10:21 PM
I admit it was a rung up from the "he fired the wrong person, I'm the best choice" self-pity we usually hear.

"Next time on one of the 50 shows of EPMB"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-03-05 at 10:01 PM
VO Next week, tempers flare when they direct their own commercials for a major company.

Bren: Let me finish

And one of them...

Some random other dude: I gotta tell you, I've got a problem
...is an eye-opener

Carolyn: it was disgusting
DT: ay yi yi

Why would the Donald call both teams into the board room and say this: You must have been crazy if you thought that wouldn't offend anyone.

"RE: Next time on one of the 50 shows of EPMB"
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 10:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-05 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

The guy who said 'we have a problem' looks familiar. Is he with one of the advertising companies they worked with in previous seasons? He isn't Danny Deutsch (sp?) but he looks familiar.

eta: the shirtless man they are spritzing down in the commercial -- is he a candidate, and if so, why isn't he answering the phone in the morning?

"Donnie Deutsch"
Posted by smokedog on 02-04-05 at 00:32 AM
He has been on the show before (season 2 NYPD task).

"I figure..."
Posted by Angelfood on 02-04-05 at 10:48 AM
I wondered that too, and all I can come up with is that the offending person must be on the winning team, but its so bad that he can't let it go.

I speculate that DT may contemplate the RULES about firing someone from the losing team.

"Holy Carp! This show sucks!"
Posted by IceCat on 02-03-05 at 10:02 PM
Is this The Apprent-ASS?

People quitting!?!
People taking immune people into the firing ceremony?!?

"RE: Holy Carp! This show sucks!"
Posted by volsfan on 02-03-05 at 10:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-05 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

Yeah it is but I can't wait to see the hunky guy drop his pants next week!

"Half-right..."
Posted by Estee on 02-03-05 at 10:13 PM
(sigh) I honestly didn't think it would be Verna walking out after the big redemption build-up, but at least I managed to call the double-elimination.

Oh, look. There's a preview of my episode. Would anyone like to place odds on my getting a nude Bren?

"Y'know..."
Posted by Jims02 on 02-03-05 at 10:24 PM
...I really don't think it would have mattered if Danny didn't take Michael to the Boardroom. I really don't think Danny could have made a great case for anyone else being fired on his team, and Danny might have known that.

Maybe Danny's trying to take Michael down with him? Or at least tarnish Michael's chances?

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

"RE: Y'know..."
Posted by kathliam on 02-03-05 at 10:28 PM
DT didn't tell Danny he couldn't bring Michael to the boardroom, and had a lot of unflattering things to say to Michael. DT tends to remember (or is reminded) of past boardroom visits.

I agree with you, not like there was another candidate to bring. Stephanie seemed a stretch, probably because she was (from what we saw) the only other person on the team that did anything noteworthy.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 02-04-05 at 01:13 AM
Danny could have gotten Michael fired but he argued the wrong point. He should have appealed to Trump's ego: "You're Donald Trump, this is your world, you make the rules, Michael violated that..."

I guarentee you Danny would've stayed...

PhoenixMons did this to me.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-03-05 at 10:46 PM
I'm in total agreement - its not like if Michael (who is a real a-hole) had worked harder they would have won. They had no idea at all except a run of the mill giveaway. No creativity whatsoever. Danny was a big nuisance who should never have been on the show in the first place.

I have one question though - How will they make up for the fact they lost two candidates tonight? Won't that leave them short a week? Does that mean <shudder> two recrap episodes?

Posted by ARnutz on 02-04-05 at 09:48 AM
2 people gone now does not mean an extra episode. Last season they had to do a double firing (Wes & Maria) in order to have the proper amount of candidates at the end.

There are 18 candidates and 15 episodes (or 16 if there's a recap), this is the same as last season.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-04-05 at 12:36 PM
Something seems fishy then - they could not have known Verna would quit. It doesn't add up somehow. They've stopped the three people besides PM in the boardroom - so I guess they were planning another double firing in advance. Talk about not playing by the rules.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 02-04-05 at 01:16 AM
Bren needs to get credit for throwing Danny under the bus. When he nominated Danny for PM because of his "marketing" skills I almost spit out my beer, almost. Hello? Does Burger King ring a bell? Cardboard box? White ball? Homeless looking guy with a guitar? Danny exhibited in week one that he had no skills whatsoever...

Posted by seahorse on 02-04-05 at 01:49 AM
He was the sacrificial lamb.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 02-04-05 at 01:58 AM
Well, "sacrificial lamb" implies some level of innocence on the thing being sacrificed. Danny wasn't that at all. He deserved to be fired. Although I do believe that Michael's was the greater sin. Danny is just incompetent. What Michael did challenges the integrity of the game (whatever's left of it). And I would have made an example out of him.

Posted by Loree on 02-04-05 at 10:30 AM
I can't see Michael sticking around long. Donald and his troops were not pleased with his actions. And his team is going to gang up on him next time he is in the boardroom without protection. Just like the team ganged up on Stacey last season. And Donald will cut him loose.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-04-05 at 12:31 PM
Exactly what I thought - Bren is a master manipulator, he knew Danny would fail.