URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1988
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Chef Jeff Project"

Posted by Bebo on 10-27-08 at 12:14 PM
Because if it's on Food Network, I will watch.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-chef-jeff-project/index.html

Seriously, it's a good concept - felon-turned-chef trains at-risk candidates for culinary careers and offers them tuition at culinary school if they stick with the program.

I do feel a little bit guilty, though, for wanting Adam to fail. He just.doesn't.get.it. He makes excuses for himself, picks fights, then gets mad when he's not put at the top of the group.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Chef Jeff Project"
Posted by LostAddict on 10-27-08 at 01:03 PM
I'm watching too. I feel the same about Adam. I do hope he will finally have that Aha! moment, but I don't have high hopes for him.

It is a great concept, and I love the idea of Cheff Jeff helping these kids out. I really hope they all get the opportunity they are beeing offered and use it to its fullest.

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 11-09-08 at 05:34 PM

>It is a great concept, and
>I love the idea of
>Cheff Jeff helping these kids
>out.

I agree!

Nice concept for a show. These are kid you can actually root for, as you get the feeling it may be all they really have.

That said, a couple of them are really starring to get under my skin.

They have this great opportunity, and still show up late, lie to Chef Jeff, and cause trouble with the rest of the team.

Hope it works out for them and the series will wind up with a great "turn-around" story for all of the young chefs!

Posted by JessicaRN on 11-10-08 at 00:49 AM
I really like this show, but Adam was definitely not the right kid for this project. He just can't get out of his thug mentality and it actually seems as if he has a bit of brain damage or something. I was also disappointed with the mom of 4. She also seems to have the "victim" attitude. The other kids have potential and really seem to want this.

Jamie Oliver did a show like this with under-privaledged kids in London and his heart was so committed to the kids and one by one, they screwed up, dropped out or just disappeared.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 12:53 PM
I dunno Bebo, it really didn't suit my tastes. hehehehehe

Posted by Agman2 on 02-19-16 at 04:39 PM
although, on second thought, you could say Chef Jeff really had something cooking there.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-26-16 at 11:31 AM
Wassup bebo?

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 01:43 PM
And can you fix the Stop War thing?