URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1984
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"If Only The Show Did This"

Posted by CSHS79 on 03-14-12 at 01:58 PM
Isn't it strange that shows like The Biggest Loser and Survivor actually have a better track record for couples finding love and getting married than The Bachelor and The Bachelorette? In fact Alison Sweeney or was it Bob Harper actually made a comment about this fact during a past season's Finale.
Even stranger, a man in the Midwest actually married a woman chosen for him by a committee of his family and friends. I tried to google the story but I couldn't find it. However I do recall seeing an article updating the story which reported that they were still married a decade later.
I also recall during an early season of The Bachelor, the man's friends/family came on during an early episode and interviews all the ladies and chose his one on one dates that week. They also used to allow the Bachelor/ette spend some alone time at the end of any group date with whoever they gave the group date rose to, which they stopped doing. I think they should actually bring those things back into the show.
But what I think what would really turn the show on it's ear is if they do what they do in the Big Brother house---the surveillance camera in the HOH room. If the Bachelor/ette could only see what goes on behind their backs between the contestants we could have a completely different ending. Then the success record of the onscreen Bachelor/ette romances might equal the amount of romances between the men and women who get eliminated from the show and meet and fall in love during the alumni trips of the Bachelor/ette contestants.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: If Only The Show Did This"
Posted by Ants on 03-14-12 at 08:24 PM
I like the surveillance camera idea.