URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 198
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season 1 group seems awfully angry, while season 2 laughing, Weird?"

Posted by vixie on 08-31-04 at 11:36 PM
Okay, I know I'm tweaked, and have my personal favorites, and I'm old and crusty (wait...did she say that out loud?), but it seems to me that the whole group from season one seem just angry and bitter and season 2 seem to be really having a great time with each other. Can anyone pontificate on this? I did like Geoff from season one this time, and Tess was good, too. In fact, I liked the season 1 comics from tonights group better all around. I still prefer season 2...loved Kathleen, Ant & Cory..and of course our sad sack, Jay..but again..that's me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season 1 group seems awfully angry, while season 2 laughing, Weird?"
Posted by AMAZON on 09-01-04 at 00:35 AM
I think that maybe season 1 has spent a lot of time away from each other and all the hype died down for them by now while this is just a "continuance" of the hype and glory for the season 2 players.

Also, having Ralphie May in the group probably isnt helping brighten the mood of the season 1 group either. I don't think they appear angry, but they just don't seem as into it.

Posted by vixie on 09-01-04 at 01:17 AM
I'll conceed that you could be right about the calendar time between shows. But I'm keeping an eye on them, and they had better lighten up..or...or...well or nothing. I'll keep watching, because I have no life! (no kidding!) Hey just put a cork in it, dog!

Posted by motormouth on 09-01-04 at 03:52 AM
" I'm keeping an eye on them, and they had better lighten up..or...or...well or nothing. I'll keep watching"

Your so cute when you try to sound tough.

*I know you're a softie*

Posted by vixie on 09-01-04 at 10:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

smootchies to you Mouthie...easy now dog! (slobberless lick on the cheek)
I think I offered you smoothies at first, so I edited it. If you want a smoothie, too, let me know. I run a mean blender.

Posted by mecated on 09-01-04 at 10:46 AM
I may be wrong...Ohhhh that would be a first, just ask my wife...NOT. But, I think the comedy was angrier (Is that even a word, if so, how in the hell would you spell that) in the first season period, so I'm really surprised that it is now.

Posted by suzybeezy on 09-01-04 at 11:48 AM
I think alot of it has to do with Season one is comprised of amateurs and Season two is comprised of seasoned veterans. It's a very uneven match-up and Season one knows that. They know they don't have much of a chance and that's probably pretty depressing. From what I've read, most of them did not want to do Season 3, but they couldn't refuse the amount of money being offered. I think they're there just for a little bit more publicity to remind viewers to come see their shows and for the cash.

Posted by vixie on 09-01-04 at 11:58 AM
Except for Voss, who has been around for 20 years, at least. I still don't find him any funnier now than before.

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 09-06-04 at 10:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-04 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

This could explain it...

GROUP ONE grew up listneing to 70's ROCK. GROUP TWO grew up listening to 80'S POP.

Really....look around.....it's true!

Posted by vixie on 09-06-04 at 12:01 PM
The there Boy! You may be onto something. Ummmmhmmmm! And if we haven't welcomed you yet, let the dog and I great you with smiles and waves! (and much wagging)

Posted by Bursar on 09-09-04 at 10:30 AM
I am *so* glad that I didn't waste my time watching much of Season 1. That group is *so* not funny. And the Final 2 were Ralphie and Dat? How pathetic could the rest of them have been?

You can pay me now, or you can pay me later.

Posted by LeftPinky on 09-09-04 at 08:11 PM
Personally, I thought that season one was much funnier (except Rob C, Dat P & Terry) than season 2. I think to really get the bunch to gel, they will need to put all of them back in a house.

However, if they continue at this rate, I'll quit watching long before the end (but, not before next week as I'm up for the summary)...
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by tvhead on 09-10-04 at 03:55 PM
i find this comedy competition quite boring
i'm usually watching big brother anyway
the first and second seasons when there was interaction
were so much more entertaining

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 09-09-04 at 07:21 PM
Thanks for the warm "welcome" VIXIE!

Most of the time it's more fun to read the posts here than it is to watch the shows!

I like it here....think I'll hang around a bit!

Posted by tvhead on 09-10-04 at 03:53 PM
actually season one's comedians were all professionals
and quite a few of them (if you watched it )
were much much funnier than group two.
people on group two (who were not picked )were funnier than a lot of these people
they bordered on boring, but don't forget, comedy is subjective, after all.

Posted by tvhead on 09-10-04 at 12:22 PM
season one's group took themselves too seriously
dat phan won because he made the "average american audience"
laugh while poking fun at himself.
gary gullman is not only gorgeous, hunky and hubba hubba
he's very funny his bits are very identifiable he definitely cracks me up
todd's a riot and needless to say, jay london's a trip !!!
literally.
i'd love it if jay won he's brilliant