URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1978
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"american idol Chris Daughtry"

Posted by buildmamma on 05-14-06 at 03:32 PM
Not everyone likes a screaming rock singer. I didn't like his singing from the very beginning. I for one am glad he was voted off. His whole demise is a heavy metal rocker. That is not an american idol. You don't have to scream to sing a song.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: american idol Chris Daughtry"
Posted by KoalaChick on 05-14-06 at 04:03 PM
Everyone has different tastes. I've changed my mind several times about who I thought should win. For a while, I was definitely on the Chris train. I'm not a big rocker either, but for sheer talent, he had it. And he was different. This show had the potential of becoming American (Pop) Idol, and I'm thrilled that it hasn't. We've had country, pop, and R&B style winners. Rock deserves to be there, too.

I must say, though, as the weeks went on, he became boring and predictable to me, and has been replaced by Elliott as my favorite. Also, watching his ego grow each week, to the point that he was totally aghast that he lost, he dropped big points in my book for that.

"Locking - duplicate topic"
Posted by Bebo on 05-14-06 at 08:30 PM
Please join one of the existing Chris discussions's on the Individual Discussion forum. We encourage posters to join existing discussions where possible instead of starting new threads.