URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1978
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kacie B"

Posted by Ants on 03-02-12 at 06:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-12 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

This is so funny -

I mentioned how disappointed I was that Ryan Park went back to grovel during Ashley's season and Kacie B. did the same thing this season. In my wildest fantasy, two nice people like that would find each other and get together. Well, take a look at this:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/which-former-bachelor-just-made-heart-hands-with-kacie-boguskie-cute-pic

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kacie B"
Posted by qwertypie on 03-03-12 at 00:52 AM
Good call!

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 03-03-12 at 03:47 AM
I always feel uneasy when I see people grovel to get a person back...even if it's suggested by the producers. But, you know this whole Bachelor circuit is the ultimate hook up palace....you could have endless fun dating meetups with different combinations if you get on the circuit. All the parties and "hey, weren't you on such and such season...I was on blah blah season...haha, let's get lunch."

Posted by Ants on 03-03-12 at 08:32 AM
I found it very disturbing (in both cases). God, is it that hard to find a date? I guess the answer is yes. I mean a date with the right person and a subsequent relationship. You know they're gonna play that on the WTA and they're gonna embarrass the poor girl.

You're right about the follow up parties and being able to meet so many other people. The problem is that these two people weren't thinking along those lines. They were so blinded by love that they only saw that one person (Ryan only saw Ashley and Kacie only saw the caveman).

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 03-03-12 at 09:44 AM
Haha. Caveman. Love that the nickname is catching on. He looks so much like the Geico caveman doesn't he?

Groveling is so cringe-worthy that it automatically knocks down a person's attractiveness by 5 points. Shawntel, Ryan, Kacie B....oh my gorsh...so humiliating. No promise of future of opportunities, trips or an answer to "why?" should make one lose their dignity like that.

It kind of shows the power of social pressure and hype... These girls like Lindzi are sent into a tizzy over an ounce of attention from let's face it a pretty average looking guy in Ben. I doubt they'd give him a second look if he walked up to them in a club (which in that instance the girls would hold the social power). I'm also struck by how the Bachelor reminds us that conversations are basically the same. People parrot the same phrases. Even the "live life to the fullest" or "taking advantage of every opportunity" phrases are just regurgitated phrases from gurus that they heard on some tv show and think is novel.

But, I tell you what...that whole Bachelor circuit looks like fun. All the parties and instant connections made. You pretty much don't have to do much because there's already this shared familiarity from seeing each other on tv...not to mention the privileges and access that ABC's marketing machine gives.