URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1974
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelor Ben hometown dates"

Posted by Round Robin on 02-20-12 at 03:57 PM
I probably won't see the episode tonight, but as always, drop your bombs on it here. I already have a good idea of the nuts and bolts of what happened, at least some of them. We'll see if the spoilers are right.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelor Ben hometown dates"
Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-20-12 at 06:33 PM
How far along are you on this show? I'm like 3 episodes behind....probably will catch up one of these days on a lazy sunday or late weekend night...

Posted by Ants on 02-20-12 at 11:03 PM
Oh, NOW Courtney feels bad about how she treated the other girls. B-+ch! Can't wait for next week.

Joe, get caught up! I have to talk to you about this!

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-20-12 at 11:44 PM
LOL. I'm trying. Everyone keeps revealing stuff to me all day and I'm like "uh....spoiler alert." Bachelor is the junk food that many of us secretly enjoy...wonder how many guys out there that no one would suspect has watched almost every episode. Btw, Courtney is the best thing to happen to the Bachelor this season. She's like the anti-Emily and it draws viewers that hate her to watch every week. Still think she's a little kitten compared to the evil Vienna, who I would actually be scared of.

Posted by Ants on 02-22-12 at 11:12 AM
I wish I'd seen Vienna's season. I did see her on Bach Pad. Can't wait for that this summer.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-21-12 at 04:16 PM
I only caught bits and pieces, do you think this was a voice over done much later to try and counter the viewer backlash against her?

Posted by Ants on 02-21-12 at 10:01 PM
Y E S

Posted by Ants on 02-21-12 at 01:24 AM
. . . and another thing . . . Chris H. told Kacie to say her good byes and she hugged Lindsay and Nicki. It looked like Courtney tried to lean in for a hug, too. They cut the scene right there because probably Kacie walked away from Courtney's gesture. I wonder what Ben thought of that.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-21-12 at 03:44 AM
I did see the last quarter or so of the show last night, including some of that fake-a$$ed "ceremony" Courtney did on Ben and the highlights (lowlights?) of the hometown dates. Kacie's parents were basically the reason Ben tossed her over the side. Man, are they hopelessly trapped in yesterday or what? That 60-years-ago morality just doesn't cut the mustard in 2011, and I'm sure they're gonna get an education on that before this is over. She'll be glad after seeing Ben and Courtney on the shows that she didn't wind up with him, but if she gives a $hit about ever having a relationship survive till marriage, she needs to tell her old man in no uncertain terms, "Dad, I'm 24 years old and I'm old enough to make my own decisions. You better put your 17th century morality back n the history books where it belongs, because if you don't, you're gonna scare off any boyfriend I ever have that's worth a hill of beans and I'm gonna wind up being an old maid. And if that happens, I won't be happy about it." Some of the other girls' families weren't the nicest in the world either behind Ben's back, but that don't live together bull$hit went out with Harry Truman, and Kacie's old man doesn't know it yet.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-21-12 at 04:35 AM
Caught parts of Courtney and Kacie B, while I was desperately trying to find space on my tivo....have 3 boxes and they're all down to 2 %.... ahhh, what to cut. I was really touched by how Courtney like-loves Ben....sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship. Her mom had it right....she was skeptical that Courtney actually loves Ben. I always cringe how the female contestants start raving about what a great guy they are and how in love they are..."Ben's a good man." I don't think (was it Kacie B?) feels about Ben once they are thrown out.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-21-12 at 11:28 AM
I've had the impression all season that the women have mostly chosen to take the high road after their ousters and are pulling their punches bigtime when interviewed about it. I'll be interested to see what they say on the Women Tell All show, but there might be less fireworks on that show than everybody thinks because most of the women have declined to give Ben and Courtney both barrels in interviews even after seeing the episodes. But even at this restrained intensity level, Ben and Courtney ought to come off not looking so good after WTA, and if either was really serious about the other, they might have a change of heart after having seen each other on all the episodes.

Posted by jbug on 02-21-12 at 12:45 PM
I'm not watching this season at all.
But I'm following all of the comments here and the RTVW interviews

So I need more details.
What did the dad say & do that was so "60 yrs ago"?

Posted by samboohoo on 02-21-12 at 01:32 PM
Kacie's parents don't believe in living with someone before marriage.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by jbug on 02-21-12 at 02:06 PM
that's all?

Posted by Ants on 02-21-12 at 10:05 PM
Why not watch? You can jump in with next week's episode.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-21-12 at 11:58 AM
Kacie was toast when she uttered the words, "Bible Belt." It's funny because I don't agree with what her parents, but under these circumstances, I think they were absolutely right - the situation in general, but especially this one.

Nicki has been toast for a while, but she's just been there. She has no real chance with Ben and never did.

Lindzi. I think of all of the women, she's more of a match for him and could adjust more to his world. I do think it's kind of neat that they had their first date at the same place her parents got married - especailly since that wasn't his planned date for that evening.

I haven't seen Courtney's date yet. Looks like a doozy. I watched the elimination because I wanted to see how he handled dumping Kacie.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-21-12 at 03:52 PM
Ben is very awkward when dumping women. I know that's an awkward thing to do under the best of circumstances, but Ben doesn't handle it smoothly at all, and that's only complicated by the fact that he's had his mind made up since Day 1 almost, and the whole viewing audience knows it, and I suspect the women suspected it at the time if they were being honest with themselves. This whole charade is a lot of expensive going through the motions, and Ben is a lousy actor, so everybody knows who he's gonna pick in the end and he's not hiding it well at all.

Posted by motormouth on 02-21-12 at 07:28 PM
Ok, so even though I shouldn’t be, I am surprised he let Kacie go. I am telling myself to be happy for her though because I liked her enough to not want to see her “win” Ben. She did come off as too eager IMO, and her parents being as conservative as they are couldn’t have helped anything. I find it amusing that so much emphasis goes into “living together” before marriage, but nothing about premarital sex seemed to come up. All about appearances? Anyways...

Courtney’s little ceremony seemed more like an effort to be another “first” for Ben. Whoever he ended up choosing would have to see her walk down the aisle with Ben, and hear his “vows”, so again, she was “winning” and getting one over on any potential competition. I didn’t think anything about her was sincere.

Ben’s hair really had me distracted. As if he wasn’t unattractive enough.

Lindzi seems like a strong girl with a good family, so I’m not worried about her getting too hurt by Ben. The other girl, gah, can’t remember her name, well she has the potential to be completely blind-sided by his imminent rejection. I feel for her.

All the women could do better, including Courtney (which she already knows and why I think she enjoys playing with Ben), so in the end I’m hoping he chooses Courtney, despite the fact that she’ll get another 15 minutes of fame. I loved the voice-over of Ben commenting on how he’d hate to end up with someone only to find out she is not well received by other people, or something to that affect.

Posted by Ants on 02-21-12 at 10:12 PM
Other girl = Nicki

All Kacie's father said was that he couldn't say yes to agreeing to a marriage just yet. He said that they've known each other for a short time and it would therefore take longer for him to support them getting married. I'd have to agree if it were my daughters.

Posted by Loree on 02-22-12 at 00:23 AM
Kacie told Ben her dad does not drink. Then Ben brings them wine as a gift. That was smart Ben. I noticed they never served it either.

Kacie's parents saved her from the doofus. I think Ben was really uncomfortable with Kacie's dad. He had Ben figured out and just stared him down. Poor Ben couldn't use his usual tactic and dive in for the kiss to shut him up. That is what Ben usually does when the women mention something he doesn't want to talk about. He licks his lips and attacks them with a slobbery kiss. He has to be the worst kisser.

Nikki looked like she was going to be sick waiting for her rose.

Ben's hair always looks bad. But it is even worse when he has hat hair from the cowboy hat. Too bad Ben couldn't have washed up before meeting the parents. He just always looks unwashed and shaggy and grubby.

If any of the other women had set up that mock wedding he would have been upset. But his Courtney did it so he thought it was cute.

Kacie was getting dumped the minute her mother said no shacking up before marriage. Ben realized he would not have fun with her in the fantasy suite.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-22-12 at 04:08 AM
Kacie's parents might have done her a favor THIS TIME. But their puritanical morality will scare off more suitors than it will save her problems. I find it hard to believe that in 2011 the parents of a 24 year old woman can get away with being so blatantly behind the times. Sure, in the short run they saved her from getting in too deep with a horny a$$hole, but in the long run if they don't let her suitors have their fun she will probably have to reject them if she ever wants to be married, and that sucks, but it's the truth.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-22-12 at 09:14 AM
>Kacie's parents might have done her
>a favor THIS TIME. But
>their puritanical morality will scare
>off more suitors than it
>will save her problems. I
>find it hard to believe
>that in 2011 the parents
>of a 24 year old
>woman can get away with
>being so blatantly behind the
>times. Sure, in the short
>run they saved her from
>getting in too deep with
>a horny a$$hole, but in
>the long run if they
>don't let her suitors have
>their fun she will probably
>have to reject them if
>she ever wants to be
>married, and that sucks, but
>it's the truth.

My future daughter won't kiss a boy till she's 30 and married. I will have a team of investigators to do a background on any guy that even sniffs three seconds in her direction....

Posted by Ants on 02-22-12 at 11:10 AM
That's what you think.

;^D

Posted by jbug on 02-22-12 at 11:44 AM
Not every couple lives together before marriage even in 2012.
My sister has a rule that no unmarried couples sleep together in her house. They can stay there, but they sleep in different rooms.
I respect her strength and her standing up to what she believes.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-22-12 at 07:09 PM
My sister in law was the same, and we respected her wishes when we lived together and stayed at their river house.

I have a neighbor whose freshman daughter in college came back home for her 2nd semester. During the time she was away, her boyfriend lived with her parents. Now, she and the boyfriend basically live together in her parents' house. I find it strange, even though I have done it.

I think as a parent, I would want my son to live with his future wife because I do think you need to do that, but I don't know that I want him shacking up with every woman he dates.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-22-12 at 10:16 PM
I hate to say this, but I would probably feel more protective of a daughter than a son... It's not even a moral thing because I've become more liberal as time has gone on....just a primal instinct.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-22-12 at 09:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-12 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-12 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-12 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-12 AT 09:24 AM (EST)

>Kacie told Ben her dad does
>not drink. Then Ben
>brings them wine as a
>gift. That was smart
>Ben. I noticed they
>never served it either.
>
>Kacie's parents saved her from the
>doofus. I think Ben
>was really uncomfortable with Kacie's
>dad. He had Ben
>figured out and just stared
>him down. Poor Ben
>couldn't use his usual tactic
>and dive in for the
>kiss to shut him up.
> That is what Ben
>usually does when the women
>mention something he doesn't want
>to talk about. He
>licks his lips and attacks
>them with a slobbery kiss.
> He has to be
>the worst kisser.
>
>Nikki looked like she was going
>to be sick waiting for
>her rose.
>
>Ben's hair always looks bad.
>But it is even worse
>when he has hat hair
>from the cowboy hat.
>Too bad Ben couldn't have
>washed up before meeting the
>parents. He just always
>looks unwashed and shaggy and
>grubby.
>
>If any of the other women
>had set up that mock
>wedding he would have been
>upset. But his Courtney
>did it so he thought
>it was cute.
>
>Kacie was getting dumped the minute
>her mother said no shacking
>up before marriage. Ben
>realized he would not have
>fun with her in the
>fantasy suite.

Kacie tells Ben her dad doesn't drink and then he brings them wine as a gift. Ben = no listening skills.

Well, we know how women just melt away and forget everything once Ben plants them with his magical kiss. He should have tried that on her dad. It's THAT powerful.

Kacie's dad was the only voice of reason in this bizarro nut-world, where girls fall in love after spending all of 15 minutes of quality time and watch as their object of affection tongues down every girl in the house before sending them packing one by one.

I know Kacie was some people's favorite, but I kind of couldn't stand her....thought she was just as catty as any of the other girls. The fact that she seemed like the favorite might also be the magic of editing and how Ben isn't exactly forthright with who he wants most... why don't we just call it right now and be done with it. He's going to pick the model that has a penchant for taking her clothes off. It's cute to him that Courtney would do the marriage ceremony because he so badly wants a model like her to be into him. Courtney will have to do a Sacramento Kings like collapse to lose this thing. Courtney doesn't have to win the show....as she's already won. Everyone's talking about her...she's the most noticed on the show... in reality tv stardom, that's gold. The Real Housewives have to get into a fight every week to even get a mention in the news. All Courtney has to do is say one of her vapid sayings and get viewers riled up and she's gold for another week of attention.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-22-12 at 12:09 PM
Yep, Joe, you know who he's gonna pick all right. It's gonna be Courtney, and it's the worst kept secret in reality TV. The rumor I have read, though, and that isn't as widely known is that he's flirting with other girls and that they are just waiting till the finale and the Final Rose show are shown on the 12th before they split up. Ben has been embarrassed by what he's seen of her behavior towards the other women and by his own portrayal on the shows, Courtney has been roasted alive in the court of public opinion, and they both got the sex and the money and the publicity they wanted, but not all of the publicity was good. If they don't split up on the Final Rose show, they'll split up soon after.

I wonder what Kacie's parents are thinking if they've actually been watching this bull$hit?

Posted by Ants on 02-22-12 at 07:23 PM
I wonder what all of the parents think after watching this.

I *hope* Ben is embarrassed by watching his own behavior on the show. While I don't think Ben is evil like Courtney, I do think he is an immature #####. I think there's hope for him, but I think he'll need to watch himself in this show and realize that he has to drop his arrogant attitude and he has to grow up.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-22-12 at 10:21 PM
I don't think Ben will be embarrassed by his behavior... he's probably high fiving his buddies as we speak. I actually dislike Ben a little more than Courtney... at least Courtney is a model (sort of)....Ben has no reason to walk around like he's hot stuff. Seriously, I could introduce you to dozens of guys way hotter than him. What's with the casting directors for the show.

I wonder if any of the contestants ever read the fan sites... you know like if we make a harsh comment about them and then you read some member that reacts a little overboard like "f you!"

Posted by Round Robin on 02-23-12 at 03:22 AM
Some of these guys like Ben think their $hit doesn't stink and never really do grow up. Ben was out for any good lay he could get and would have thought nothing of drilling sweet, beautiful Kacie in the fantasy suite, and though Kacie's parents are terminally behind the times and will almost surely lengthen her old-maidedness by a large quantity of time by their blatant overprotectiveness, I'm sure they're with it enough to realize Ben's not gonna turn down any opportunities to screw any of these women. Ben might be going through the motions of pretending to care about all the women, but when it comes down to crunch time, Ben first and foremost gives a rat's @$$ about Ben, and especially about Little Ben, and if he could have got Little Ben into Kacie he'd have done it gladly, and I guaran-damn-tee you her behind the times old man had that much figured out accurately, and her mama probably did too.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 02-23-12 at 07:49 AM
You're so right, Robin. Kacie's dad kind of had Ben pegged... he wasn't really buying Ben's wrap. I have a feeling Ben will take full advantage of he fantasy suite... whereas Brad Womack seemed conflicted and was wrestling with himself (and also trying to live down his first appearance) by actually looking for a nice girl... Ben really hasn't shown that so far. If he wanted the prettiest girls though, Blonde Casey S. and Jenna should have stayed... I don't see how Jenna is any more wacky than some of the other girls in there. How is Courtney any less wacky than Jenna? Just don't understand Ben's decision making. Just because blonde Casey and Jenna do not have the moniker model next to their name doesn't make them less pretty than Courtney. I long for the days when For Love or Money or Joe Millionaire 2 was still around.... at least there was a real twist where the women felt actually stakes of millions of dollars. Theme shows with a hook are so fun.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-23-12 at 01:01 PM
Well, Ben's not a church mouse, so there's money on the line here too. I don't know how much his share of that winery is worth, but half of that ought to be worth going for in the ensuing divorce.