URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1968
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelor Ben episode 4"

Posted by Round Robin on 01-23-12 at 03:03 PM
I'm not gonna dodge the bullet this week. I'm definitely not gonna get to see the episode live. I'm putting the thread here for you guys to post on though, and I'm hoping to see a few posts here when I get to the board tonight. Use this thread like you would use an East Coast thread on other boards.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelor Ben episode 4"
Posted by Max Headroom on 01-23-12 at 04:27 PM
I never watch live. That's why DVRs were invented-- to give me a way to fast-forward through commercials and parts which don't interest me.

See everyone later this week!

Posted by Loree on 01-23-12 at 08:53 PM
While waiting for tonight's show. Here is some news for Canadian viewers. Chris Harrison was on CityTV this morning to help announce they are doing a Bachelor Canada. It will air in the fall on CityTV before the next US version. No word yet who will host or who will be the Bachelor. But all the women will be Canadian.

Posted by qwertypie on 01-24-12 at 00:39 AM
*head smack*

""Winning.""
Posted by Max Headroom on 01-23-12 at 11:06 PM
Somebody call Charlie Sheen-- the perfect girl for him is on the Bachelor.

"RE: "Winning.""
Posted by samboohoo on 01-24-12 at 10:11 AM
Exactly.

I haven't watched yet. I simply FF'd to the end to see who went home and the extra footage.

I say to Courtney, "Winning" is so one year ago. And your behavior is so junior high. *eyeroll*

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by qwertypie on 01-24-12 at 01:12 AM
Anyone else thinks Ben looks like Barney (Stephen Baldwin) in Viva Rock Vegas?

Posted by mrc on 01-24-12 at 10:34 AM
This season is the most obvious example of the lead and his main squeeze going through the motions to get what they want. Ben gets to tap Courtney, and she gets some exposure for her "career." The rest of the girls are just unsuspecting window dressing.

A Slice of Manga
Not that the show is about love, but if Ben chooses anyone other than Courtney, I'll be shocked. He's obviously not valuing the experience as anything other than a chance to get some nookie from the model.

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-24-12 at 11:45 AM
No argument here. There are a few other girls that could be considered dark horses (Kacie B. and Jennifer come to mind), but Courtney is the clear favorite. The next few episodes will boil down to the order that Ben eliminates the non-contenders.

As for Emily? Courtney will throw her under the bus immediately, but the producers may tell Ben to keep her around for a while to increase the "drama".

This show is a joke. Why do I watch such dreck?

Posted by samboohoo on 01-24-12 at 12:06 PM
You watch because it is a funny joke.

Posted by Ants on 01-24-12 at 11:52 PM
I like Kasie B., Jennifer and Jaime a lot. They're my three favs and they're all so much better than Courtney. I feel bad for Emily, thinking that it's a good idea to warn Ben. Never a good idea. He has to find out for himself.

Posted by motormouth on 01-24-12 at 04:44 PM
I’m really rooting for Kacie B. And call me an idiot, but I’m really hoping they’re just editing Courtney as the favorite because we need someone to hate (and fear will go far). The thought of her going til the end, and “winning” makes me want to gag.

of course, the thought of Ben "tapping" anyone is equally gag worthy

A PhoenixMons Original

Posted by Loree on 01-24-12 at 05:29 PM
I want Ben to pick Courtney because I do not like either of them. They deserve each other. Set the other women free.

Ben has no conversation skills. He is so boring. He is the Bachelor and it is suppose to be him carrying the season. But all he wants to do is kiss the girls. He doesn't want to talk to them.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-24-12 at 07:23 PM
Courtney might very well be one of the final four women standing. It's a little surprising they picked Ben... I thought he was boring too during Ashley season and mentioned it as much to a few people I was watching it with. He's not even that gracious when he gets rejected... he came off pretty angry with Ashley and that blonde girl this season... I guess we'll never see a new bachelor/bachelorette again... they all seem to be recycled rejects... kind of lazy casting.

Posted by Ants on 01-24-12 at 11:57 PM
He was unnecessarily rude to Samantha, the girl he kicked out (literally) last night. Who died and made him king?

Posted by motormouth on 01-24-12 at 08:52 PM
I kind of agree, however, I like Courtney less than Ben. So perhaps I should change from wanting Kacie in the end, to someone I’m indifferent toward, lol. What a terrible waste of a season.

Posted by Ants on 01-24-12 at 11:58 PM
Kacie B. is way too pretty for Ben.

Posted by mrc on 01-24-12 at 05:38 PM
Your post reminded me of this classic (about 24 secs. in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxnBgUC9Q9I

A Slice of Manga
Isn't Ben somewhere near your neck of the woods? Hmmm?

Posted by motormouth on 01-24-12 at 09:00 PM
I can’t view it from work, darnit. I’ll check it when I’m on a computer with sound.
And yes, I suppose he is near me. About 2 hours away...man, I shoulda tried to meet him!

Posted by Ants on 01-24-12 at 11:55 PM
I still don't know if Courtney is a paid plant for this season, like Michelle was during Brad's season.

With Michelle, it was obvious. She wasn't a very good actress. Also, all of the girls at the house loved Michelle. It was just in the private interviews that she was nasty.

Courtney is nasty to some girls (she does have that one friend that stuck up for her last night). Is Courtney a plant or is she really that much of a b itc h?

Posted by motormouth on 01-25-12 at 05:47 PM
Based on her “career” it could go either way.

Posted by Ants on 01-25-12 at 00:03 AM
I forgot to mention that I'm glad Monica's gone. On the other hand, she was only mean on that first episode. I hope Courtney's next.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-25-12 at 01:41 AM
Ben seems to be enthralled by Courtney's looks...he keeps bringing up how hot she looks every time they meet....so she might be here for a while.

As far as a plant, not sure, but she has done some commericals like that Caesar's Palace commercial...so she might see this as a way to further her career.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-25-12 at 02:22 AM
I have now seen the episode, and all I can say is, Good God Almighty, I hate Courtney with a flaming bloody passion! What an arrogant, heartless b!tch! If Ben seriously thinks he loves this girl, he's gonna fall out of love in a hurry when and if he ever finds out what she's really all about. If he's gullible enough to swallow her bull$hit whole and actually picks this b!tch, well let's just say this could be uglier than Jake vs. Vienna. I hate Courtney so bad she actually makes me forget how much I hate Chris. Didn't think anybody could do that.

Posted by motormouth on 01-25-12 at 05:56 PM
LOL! My feelings also! I also wonder if anyone else has noticed how Courtney uses an obnoxious baby voice when she is with Ben? God that makes my skin crawl.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-26-12 at 02:18 AM
Everything about that GD woman makes my skin crawl. She's an 8th grader in a mature woman's body. She's drowning in both dollar signs and hormones, and I don't know whether she wants to fill her greedy fingers or her hot box 1st. It would be justice if after this debacle of a season nobody would touch her with a 10 foot pole and she wound up having to pick $hit with the chickens like most people do. It would serve her right if she had to wait tables to pay the bills because nobody in show business or modeling wanted anything to do with her and nobody would marry her. Unfortunately in the amoral world of Hollywood there are plenty of men who are as low as she is or who just don't give a $hit, so if she winds up jobless and manless like she deserves, it won't last for long.

Posted by motormouth on 01-26-12 at 02:39 PM
Unfortunately, she could announce she has an STD on this show and I doubt it would affect her in her post-show life. I don’t think enough people (especially men) watch it. And as you pointed out, many just don’t care. I’m sure she’ll be fine...by her own standards. Don’t really see her ever finding a long lasting relationship and settling down, but I doubt that’s her goal anyways.

Posted by samboohoo on 01-26-12 at 05:28 PM
*poke*

You're here a lot.

Check your OT email.

Posted by mrc on 01-26-12 at 06:28 PM
Isn't she, though?

A Slice of Manga