URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 1964
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Apparently randall opted out of taking English in his degree programs"

Posted by BrendaWalshCEO on 12-17-05 at 01:35 PM
"Aprentii" isn't the plural of apprentice. It's apprentices. But that's what happens when you opt out of English for Ebonics. The man who tries to wash my windows when I'm stopped at the intersection speaks better English than randall. Maybe Kwanzii from season 1 can help educate him.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Apparently randall opted out of taking English in his degree programs"
Posted by lrlr1 on 12-17-05 at 01:45 PM
>"Aprentii" isn't the plural of apprentice.
>It's apprentices. But that's what
>happens when you opt out
>of English for Ebonics. The
>man who tries to wash
>my windows when I'm stopped
>at the intersection speaks better
>English than randall. Maybe Kwanzii
>from season 1 can help
>educate him.

All this from the woman who said Randal's "grandmother probably died from syphillis." Hmmm. Is there a trend here?

Posted by BrendaWalshCEO on 12-17-05 at 01:48 PM
>>"Aprentii" isn't the plural of apprentice.
>>It's apprentices. But that's what
>>happens when you opt out
>>of English for Ebonics. The
>>man who tries to wash
>>my windows when I'm stopped
>>at the intersection speaks better
>>English than randall. Maybe Kwanzii
>>from season 1 can help
>>educate him.
>
>
>All this from the woman who
>said Randal's "grandmother probably died
>from syphillis." Hmmm. Is there
>a trend here?

I take it you're NOT a doctor - syphilis has just 1 "L"

Posted by lrlr1 on 12-17-05 at 01:58 PM
>>>"Aprentii" isn't the plural of apprentice.
>>>It's apprentices. But that's what
>>>happens when you opt out
>>>of English for Ebonics. The
>>>man who tries to wash
>>>my windows when I'm stopped
>>>at the intersection speaks better
>>>English than randall. Maybe Kwanzii
>>>from season 1 can help
>>>educate him.
>>
>>
>>All this from the woman who
>>said Randal's "grandmother probably died
>>from syphillis." Hmmm. Is there
>>a trend here?
>
>I take it you're NOT a
>doctor - syphilis has just
>1 "L"

Since I'm POSITIVE you're not a doctor, am I to take it that your familiarity with the word indicates a personal history with the disease?

Posted by BrendaWalshCEO on 12-17-05 at 02:18 PM
>Since I'm POSITIVE

You tested POSITIVE? Now there's a shocker.

>am I to take
>it that your familiarity with
>the word indicates a personal
>history with the disease?

Nope. Unlike you, I have legitimate profession. You should have spent at least some of your money on condoms instead of pouring it all into feeding your crack addiction.

Posted by corinthian10 on 12-17-05 at 02:39 PM
What kind of post is this and what kind of person is posting here? I thought this was a forum for intelligent people who wanted to talk about The Apprentice. Name calling, imputing negative lifestyles on a person, and other childish behavior (including racist comments) should have no place in this adult forum.

Maybe there is a forum for racists who would like to ventilate. If anyone knows of one, please inform those who may be interested in posting there instead of here.

Posted by corinthian10 on 12-17-05 at 02:00 PM
I have seen the word "apprenti" used among those with higher educational degrees, in a Vassar publication, British publications, and among other scholarly personages.

Kwame was the name of the first season runner-up.

"on corrections"
Posted by Angelfood on 12-17-05 at 02:37 PM
and Randal is spelled with one L. But I'm sure it's beneath any CEO to have to correctly remember the names of uneducated ebonics-type students.

Oh, and the proper plural of Apprentice has already been discussed in 2 other threads here (with varying results). Late to the party and duplicate.

Besides, I've already alerted the mods, as apparently the poster way above is either incapable or unwilling to read the notices and board guidelines and has chosen to do personal attacks instead of debating facts.

"RE: on corrections (and multiple posts)"
Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-17-05 at 02:56 PM
Amen, Angelfood.

There are some people in here who are making it really difficult to just carry on a creative, innovative discussion.

We're ALL DAWs (Desperate Attention Whores), and that's why we're here. But those who keep posting the same things over and over and over in different threads, or resort to bashing other people cleary take the fun out of it for the rest of us. I wonder how many people are staying away from this forum because of the above. That is regrettable.

{end of rant}

Posted by director on 12-17-05 at 02:32 PM
Brenda,
Black people are coming up in life. Many more are getting higher educations, going into prominent careers and making more money compared to about 30 years ago. They are becoming a stronger people too. (gasps) What will you do? The world is changing. Years ago the Asians were the laborers building the railways but now they are comparable powers. Life moves on and changes. No matter how much you resist it, it will happen and you will be left behind, or stuck and bitter. You doubt what I am saying? Study history, not just of the U.S but the world. The people that were seen as 'common' are the elites of today. Your hatred of blacks and your inert need to see them subserviant will not serve you well. You are a better person if you devote your emotions towards love.

Posted by prosecutor on 12-17-05 at 02:39 PM
Brenda,the reason you have never heard the word is because you have not the education Randall has. You are no doctor either using 90210 character name as your handle, this means you are an immature probably high school dropout.

Posted by BrendaWalshCEO on 12-17-05 at 02:50 PM

Thanks for the detailed responses. Such a nice return on my tiny effort. Very entertaining to read. LOL!

Posted by BrendaWalshCEO on 12-17-05 at 02:53 PM
>Brenda,
>Black people are coming up in
>life. Many more are getting
>higher educations, going into prominent
>careers and making more money
>compared to about 30 years
>ago. They are becoming a
>stronger people too.

After all the government subsidies, setbacks and affirmative action programs they've been handed on silver platters? I should think so. But those days will soon end, and history as you said shall yet again repeat itself.

"guidelines, folks"
Posted by mysticwolf on 12-17-05 at 03:13 PM
Mods have been alerted, evidently by more than one of us. Meanwhile, here are just a couple of sections from the guidelines that seem applicable here. As a suggestion, the full guidelines are available in a link at the top of each page.

II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.

X. HELP PREVENT FOREST FIRES
RealityTVWorld.com promises to act with appreciation for our members. We will willingly listen to your suggestions and complaints, and we will try to incorporate your ideas into our actions. However, we also need you to consider the consequences of your actions. Before you submit a post, think about whether you would want it on your own site. In addition, if you see a post that seems objectionable to you, please notify the RealityTVWorld.com staff at once by clicking the 'Alert' link found in the lower left corner of the objectionable post. If a post or a thread has been locked or deleted, reposting any content from that post or thread without permission from a member of the administrative staff will likely result in the termination of your RealityTVWorld.com membership.

Bad Wolf! by PM

"RE: guidelines, folks"
Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-17-05 at 03:21 PM
In addition, some people are making four, five and six posts (and threads) saying basically the same thing.

The guidelines prohibit duplicate posts and threads.

Please determine if your subject has already been covered before posting a thread or a post in response to a new or duplicate thread.

It would really be appreciated if people would abide by the rules of these forums, and make it nicer for everyone.

The moderator is a volunteer and has a busy life, and this is a busy time. Please don't make her job any more difficult.

"Speaking of English"
Posted by Bebo on 12-17-05 at 03:28 PM
Obviously, it's out of your comprehension as well, since you have failed to understand our community guidelines.